Speculation: Blackhawks Shakeup

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The Hawks are having a horrible season. I think the team will get a shakeup, but I don't know who will get moved. I'd break it down into these categories:
Not going anywhere:
Toews
Kane
DeBrincat
Jokiharju
Boqvist
Strome (we really like him....he's played well since the trade and skating is not as big of an issue as previously thought)
Mitchell

Not going anywhere because his contract is bad:
Seabrook

Would move under the right circumstances:
Saad
Keith
Forsling

Highly available:
Crawford
Anisimov
Murphy (I really don't want to move him, but we pretty much have to because of Seabrook's aircraft carrier anchor of a contract)
Gustafsson

You can take for free:
Kruger
Manning

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in other roster players, if you are let us know.

What We're looking for:
Draft Picks
Starting goalie prospects
young LHD
young F

Discuss

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Something around Gabriel Carlsson (young LHD) or Sonny Milano (young F) + Riley Nash for Anisimov?

Both Carlsson and Milano are former 1st round guys with potential who are stuck in a log jam in Columbus. I think a change of scenery for either one would greatly benefit the player and the team acquiring the player while his value is down.

Riley Nash hasn't fit with the Jackets. I don't think he will recreate his past season with Boston, but he is wasted on the 4th line. I think he can step in for Anisimov right away and then transition to a lesser role as Chicago brings in young talent. That said, 2 more years after this one on his contract and his age make him a questionable add for Chicago. Same goes for Anisimov to Columbus.

Columbus would need to add salary going back to Chicago if they were to acquire Anisimov and Nash is really the only guy in the $3-5 million dollar range it would make sense to move. The others are either pure dumps or too valuable for an Anisimov trade.

Anisimov meanwhile could step into the 2nd line role with Columbus and challenge Wennberg for ice time which is badly needed. He also has chemistry with Panarin which is good in case of injury. I don't think he would convince panarin to stay, this is purely a hockey move.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawks1229

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You wonder if they should explore trading Kane.
Could get a huge haul for him from the right buyer.
We've discussed this ad nauseam and have concluded that the Hawks couldn't possibly get enough in return to make it worth it. It would have to be a stupid overpayment for the Hawks to listen on Kane. The only way he's going anywhere is if he requests a trade.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
You wonder if they should explore trading Kane.
Could get a huge haul for him from the right buyer.

If they get to draft Hughes, having him and Kane on he second line would be big. Big enough to get them back to being a competitive team (with a couple other moves of course).

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
It will take a few years for the Hawks to come out of this. Everyone should be available to varying degrees.

Crawford: keep him into next year because they still need someone to play goalie and well he doesn't really have any trade value.

Seabrook: After he collects his signing bonus this July 1st is owed 24.5 in real dollars for 5 seasons (4.9M per) left on his deal. They need to look at how the Leafs traded Phaneuf but had to take on a bunch of useless salaries with short terms left from a team that didn't spend to the cap in Ottawa. They could also hope he develops an allergy to his equipment.

Anisimov: Should have some value around the league. If they don't get a decent offer for him just hold onto him into next year. He collects a 2M signing bonus on July 1st and then is owed 5M for 2 seasons worth of play which will make him very attractive.

Saad: No rush to deal him but he's far from someone worth protecting. He'd have trade value but isn't a core piece to build around either. Is a UFA in 2 years and it'll take at least that long for the Hawks to become good again.

Connor Murphy: keep him to build around unless blown away by an offer. If one or both of Keith & Seabrook get moved the D will be very inexperienced and it takes a very long time to build up a D group.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Saad was requested back to Chicago by Toews and Kane. If he goes it pretty much opens the door for them to get traded.
No point in trading Keith when you think about it.
Forsling if a team is super desperate for D.

Kruger and Seabrook will probably stay. The only way Seabrook goes is if a team is willing to take on his big contract and he is willing to waive.
Manning might be tradable, think he should've gone to Arizona with Schmaltz.

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Saad was requested back to Chicago by Toews and Kane. If he goes it pretty much opens the door for them to get traded.

Kruger and Seabrook will probably stay. The only way Seabrook goes is if a team is willing to take on his big contract and he is willing to waive.

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019

Are you serious with that garbage? Crawford nets more than that alone

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019
Crawford deal is an easy pass for the Hawks. I’d do the Anisimov deal, have no clue if Washington would.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019

Crow and Murphy for a 2nd and 5th is a hard pass for Chicago.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I wish the Preds would go after Keith

Edit: Just to expand before it gets crushed. I know he is old and we have people to resign. It's not a realistic scenario.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Hawks have a pretty solid core with an exception or two in there. Flushing the rest of the team out for picks and prospects could make them dangerous again in a very short period of time.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not to be an ass, but that is literally said about every player in their 30's by their fans.
The problem is around here everyone equates 30 to the age where you're no longer good at hockey and will only be a waste of money for any team wanting to sign you.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Crow and Murphy for a 2nd and 5th is a hard pass for Chicago.
The only reason you ever consider this is if Stan is planning to back up the truck and signing and outrageous combo of panarin + karlsson in FA

Of which just shedding the contracts for AA, Crawford, and Murphy begins to make some sense

I'd give the front office credit if they had a reload plan like that in place. They could turn the team around and reload the pipeline very quickly.

If they could move the Seabrook contract somehow, they're in business again

I'd be all for trading Crawford, AA, and Murphy for a slew of higher round picks. Between the three of them you could probably reasonably fetch maybe a first but certainly several seconds and several third round picks

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Something around Gabriel Carlsson (young LHD) or Sonny Milano (young F) + Riley Nash for Anisimov?

Both Carlsson and Milano are former 1st round guys with potential who are stuck in a log jam in Columbus. I think a change of scenery for either one would greatly benefit the player and the team acquiring the player while his value is down.

Riley Nash hasn't fit with the Jackets. I don't think he will recreate his past season with Boston, but he is wasted on the 4th line. I think he can step in for Anisimov right away and then transition to a lesser role as Chicago brings in young talent. That said, 2 more years after this one on his contract and his age make him a questionable add for Chicago. Same goes for Anisimov to Columbus.

Columbus would need to add salary going back to Chicago if they were to acquire Anisimov and Nash is really the only guy in the $3-5 million dollar range it would make sense to move. The others are either pure dumps or too valuable for an Anisimov trade.

Anisimov meanwhile could step into the 2nd line role with Columbus and challenge Wennberg for ice time which is badly needed. He also has chemistry with Panarin which is good in case of injury. I don't think he would convince panarin to stay, this is purely a hockey move.

Sign me up now please.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I'd eat an asset to get Seabrook out of town.
Hopefully they just keep playing him a lot to score pts (on 35 pt pace) and Stan catches some GM asleep at the wheel looking for a big shot who is a RHD

Stan just needs to swallow his pride and attach a higher pick or decent prospect and essentially get nothing back in return

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad