Blackhawks refused to report sex abuse of players to the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If this ends up being true, which I have no reason to doubt at this point…. AND the organization wrote this piece of shit a letter of recommendation….

They need to take away significant draft picks and ban all of those involved from the NHL for life.

If Rocky knew then I wonder if they even consider forcing him to sell.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
There are a lot of people who allegedly knew about this. There's no chance that Rocky doesn't also know everything.

Even if he fires everybody involved, it's going to look really shitty on him for waiting to take action until things became public. That shows no integrity on his part. Ridiculous bullshit, f*** all these assholes.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think Rocky and all of ownership should also face consequences. It shouldn't stop with just firing Bowman and co.
Considering how much they talk up integrity, the entire org looks like fools right now.

Everyone involved should have their names removed from the Cup. This is actually disgraceful.

And before anybody tries to blame McDonough, for all anybody knows it could have been Bowman who told everyone to drop this and McD agreed with him.

This all seems sketchy. First Toews dissapear from an illness that nobody knows of and now a sex abuse scandal that was covered up is leaked.

I think there's alot of dirt shit going on that's gonna get dropped Soon. But not by the clown stooges who cover the Hawks at the Athletic who haven't said one word about this.

I just might have a stream about this today. Lemme see who I can find who has more info on this....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If this ends up being true, which I have no reason to doubt at this point…. AND the organization wrote this piece of shit a letter of recommendation….

They need to take away significant draft picks and ban all of those involved from the NHL for life.

If Rocky knew then I wonder if they even consider forcing him to sell.
LOL no.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Why not? We’ve seen teams have picks taken away for cheating. This is much worse than that and the team should absolutely be penalized for it. Fines and bans aren’t enough for this type of behavior IMO.

Right. Arizona just lost a lottery pick for some trival nonsense that has no real negative impact on anybody's life. There's no way you can tell me what Arizona did is worse than this.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

Rough times were about to embark.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
LOL, why not? f*** these people. I'm pissed these scumbags are running my favorite team

I never want to see Bowman's face or hear his voice representing the Blackhawks again. Same for Rocky.
Because you are punishing fans, and the current players for actions that were completely out of their hands. All Rocky has to do is say he had no knowledge of it.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Clint Reif would have been in his 2nd year as an assistant equipment manager when the assault took place.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Which would be utter bullshit, who the hell would buy that he actually didn't know?

its just a route he can go and unless they can prove otherwise what can they do other than pressure him to fire the remaining staff listed in allegation...stan and al have questions to answer, mcdonough was already fired

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Which has nothing to do with what @Hawkaholic thinks about the cover-up...
I don't think I need to say that the cover up is a huge black eye. But this isn't the same as Sterling being forced to sell because of the use of racial slurs. He actually did that, with proof.

Unless there is proof that Rocky instructed people not to say anything, or that he at least knew about the cover up outside of here say, he isn't selling the team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Maybe I misunderstood his point. Sorry @Hawkaholic. I thought you were defending Rocky and minimalizing the seriousness of all this. It was probably your "LOL" response to something that clearly isn't funny that threw me off.

He was just pointing out that Rocky has plausible deniability, unless there's actual evidence/physical proof of his knowledge, and his complicity in covering it up. He didn't say whether he agreed with it or not. He just stated a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad