GDT: Blackhawks @ Red Wings - 7:30PM ET (preseason Game 2)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I know he's never gonna make the team, but I like the way Jake Chelios doesn't panic with the puck. He's got Kane all over him but he maintains control and makes a good pass to relieve pressure.

Here's hoping AA gets at least 1 good shift...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well that was a good looking unit!

i2yYun3.gif

Reactions: Jurky

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Vanek is a lot of fun to watch. I know it is going to make it a lot easier with all the losing to watch some of his magic on offense for me. I get hating a bunch of the veteran signings, but I really think Vanek will help the kids and will make the odd Red Wings game a lot more fun to watch.

Reactions: KJoe88 and Bench

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Great eyes by Nyquist.

I want the Wings to do more of that. We keep trying to force pucks through guys on shots. Shoot wide. Do shot passes in lanes that are open. Stop trying to force it. We can deflect pucks. It's possible.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Vanek is a lot of fun to watch. I know it is going to make it a lot easier with all the losing to watch some of his magic on offense for me. I get hating a bunch of the veteran signings, but I really think Vanek will help the kids and will make the odd Red Wings game a lot more fun to watch.

Its too bad he wasn’t here during prime Pav/Z. Him and Mule would’ve made having two really great skilled big guys.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure why Big E is running Toews like that in the pre-season to be honest.

I like physical hockey and all, but two vets and the other teams captain, not sure he needs to go that hard. I am sure Toews is a little angry about that.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Good stuff from AA there. He really does just look more at home in the offensive zone.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
AA has looked pretty solid playing center. I think he’s done a decent job on the breakout and back checking for the most part. I’m happy... hope he can build on it!

Reactions: Filppula

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
Just caught the end of the first. Zadina looks smaller than I imagined, but seemed like he played well and can play at this level.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not sure why Big E is running Toews like that in the pre-season to be honest.

I like physical hockey and all, but two vets and the other teams captain, not sure he needs to go that hard. I am sure Toews is a little angry about that.
My initial reaction was "screw Toews!" but then actually I don't mind him as a player. All the hype here on hfboards has tainted my view of him. It's not his fault he's consistently overrated (but still a very good player). :laugh:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sulak's a big dude. Nice to have some more big bodies on the team again.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
you guys know a livestream or where to listen to the live radio broadcast of this game. The Ticket doesn't have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad