GDT: Blackhawks @ Red Wings - 7:30PM ET (preseason Game 2)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This should the estimated roster, if nobody plays from the roster which did play yesterday against the Pens.

Helm - Nielsen - Nyquist
Vanek - Athanasiou - Zadina
Smith - Glendening - Svechnikov
Holmström - Turgeon - Pope
(Puempel?)

Kronwall - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Sulak - Hronek

Bernier/Rybar

Just my estimation. Don't know anything official.

Hawks are gonna vist with some big names on the roster, Kane Toews, DeBrincat at least.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This should the estimated roster, if nobody plays from the roster which did play yesterday against the Pens.

Helm - Nielsen - Nyquist
Puempel - Holmström - Pope
(Turgeon?)

Kronwall - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Sulak - Hronek

Bernier/Rybar

Hawks are gonna vist with some big names on the roster, Kane Toews, DeBrincat at least.

Dont count on guys like Toews and Kane tonight. Its an away game, early in the preseason, teams save their stars for when they play at home. I wouldnt be surprised if a guy or 2 double up from last night on the wing roster, maybe Cholowski or Hicketts on D because Kronwall doesnt need to be playing yet really but we'll see

Edit: nvm on the Chicago stars part I guess

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Helm - Nielsen - Nyquist
(Turgeon?)

Kronwall - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Sulak - Hronek

Bernier/Rybar

That list of centers makes me cringe. Thankfully it's just preseason, and hopefully the kids play well.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
EDit: ah, thought it was official lineup instead of just an estimation. Apologies.

why the f*** is Helm on the first line instead of Svechnikov? Look, I'm fairly down on Svech and think barring an incredible uptick, will likely be a third liner at best, but you need to at least give him an opportunity. He looked better and better last year as he played more and played with better players. We already know what and who Helm is.

Reactions: hkydave04

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey guys , Leafs fan in peace.
How many pts do you guys see Mantha putting up this season?
Thanks.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks.

30g 30a is a hopeful but realistic projection I think. If the PP gets better with Bylsma running it I think he'll be around that mark though

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks.
Healthy the whole season? At least 50. He basically did that already last season. Wouldn't be surprised by 60. I think anything more is a pipedream given we lost Z.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Helm - Nielsen - Nyquist
(Turgeon?)

Kronwall - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Sulak - Hronek

Bernier/Rybar

This looks about right, LGRW's

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
EDit: ah, thought it was official lineup instead of just an estimation. Apologies.

why the **** is Helm on the first line instead of Svechnikov?

Just took those from RED and WHITE game (Helm-thing).

On that game Svechnikov was there with Ras+Veleno, but Abdelkader came back and took that spot. Before that, he was planned to play with Glendening.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Dni58oMX4AA40Fj.jpg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
glad Chicago is actually icing some decent players. Will allow us to assess our young guys better.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That's like... 3/4 of our NHL centers
We can agree to disagree on whether AA is an NHL center, but my bigger point was that this lineup of centers is essentially doing what we've been frustrated by on defense for several years (slotting every guy one tier higher than he belongs, which usually results in some ugly moments on the ice.)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
30g 30a is a hopeful but realistic projection I think. If the PP gets better with Bylsma running it I think he'll be around that mark though

That 30 goals for Mantha is a pipe dream at becoming season. Maybe later after his current bridge-deal.

30 pots rarely happens on weak teams, could be different case at a contender. Some perspective to that is that Franzen never scored 30 goals and last Red Wing doing it was Marian Hossa.

Mantha has hard time to score more, when Rasmussen is put net-front. Not getting anything easy anymore on butt-bounces. He has to evolve his game, and I think it will be tough to score more on that situation. If he scores same 24 goals as last season, but this time without being net-front at all, that would be development, though.

Also, if he doesn't score that 30 pretty soon, Zadina will take that right-side spot on the PP. And if Rasmussen becomes that net-front maestro, Mantha could end up being our trade bait for a top defenceman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaman464

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad