Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Too negative already. Some of you expect the team to go 82-0. The Blackhawks are one of the best teams in the league and we beat them 1-0 and they beat us 1-0. Its not like we got blown the **** out. Yes, there are problems but lets be real here, when Hank went down did ANYONE expect to be where we are right now? Look at the positive FFS

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This team will be one and done in the playoffs. They can't score for ****. Right now they make the 11-12 Rangers look like the 84 Oilers. A bunch of underachieving jackasses.

R2theDizzlE

Mar 28, 2014
Sound Beach, NY
I don't know what was the most frustrating thing about tonight's game. Was it the lack offense? The terribly inept officiating? Or the fact that the Beaver got the GWG agianst us. Ugh. That really sucked.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
A lot of guys are going to cry because we didn't score and didn't win but that was a good game by both sides. I'm pleased with the effort. The game could have gone either way. We were robbed of a goal and if Boyle scores instead of hitting the crossbar we win. Give credit to the hawks, they played a tremendous defensive game as did the rangers. Just 2 good teams playing playoff hockey. We lost, big deal.

What?

The effort is what I'm absolutely LEAST pleased about.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly we can blame refs all we want. If our forwards keep playing like this it's gonna be a tough tough road in playoffs. Our goalies and d are gonna have to pitch shutouts every game

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
No shame losing 1-0 to that team. Thanks to the lazy ass Dan O'Rourke it is a loss. Cam was excellent again.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Few things.

-It amazes me how much the Rangers always struggle with a pulled goalie and the extra skater. Bizarre.
The opponent always looks like they're on a PP though.

-The offense has dried up in the month of March.

-Don't like the line combos.

-I want to say something about Glass but I will get an infraction.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Cant win them all! On to Carolina for a bounceback game and hopefully the offence will show up.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
A lot of guys are going to cry because we didn't score and didn't win but that was a good game by both sides. I'm pleased with the effort. The game could have gone either way. We were robbed of a goal and if Boyle scores instead of hitting the crossbar we win. Give credit to the hawks, they played a tremendous defensive game as did the rangers. Just 2 good teams playing playoff hockey. We lost, big deal.

Momentum is huge going into the playoffs, win every game you can, no time for "we will get them next game crap"

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I think we played totally fine.

Our defense and transition game were excellent . Chicago played a tight game and we missed some big opportunities.

And the refs robbed us of a goal.

Reminded me of the Detroit game.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Rangers were mostly evenly played in a fairly boring game. The goal against was awful. Didnt challenge Darliing until the last 3 minutes after the Nash takeaway. Feel bad for Talbot.

GFiP*

We've been figured out.

Stop the stretch passes through the blue lines and this offense is anemic.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
****ing ********, game should be going into OT right now. I really cannot believe this league is fine with how unbelievably inconsistent their referee's are. I wonder if their inconsistency is being brought up at the GM meetings, there has got to be something Toronto can do about them. I mean I have only been a real diehard fan for about 5 years now, so I don't know, have the refs always been as bad as they have been the last 2 years?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This is exactly what we needed. A dose of bitter medicine to remind ourselves that we're not a 4 goals a game team. Everyone is being real high and mighty and confident in their offense outracing the opposition's defensive plays. When you play a good team with a good defense, you don't get to be Gretzkys and try to out pass and out play and out create the opposition's ability to defend.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
This team will be one and done in the playoffs. They can't score for ****. Right now they make the 11-12 Rangers look like the 84 Oilers. A bunch of underachieving jackasses.

Seriously? Just stop if you actually believe this (which, I have to believe you dont). They are on a cold streak. They'll be right back there.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Talbot played a hell of a game, that goal wasn't on him. You can't give a player 5 seconds 5 feet from the net to make a play with the puck. Talbot played his heart out, yet he gets stuck with a loss.

Our offensive incompetence is starting to bite us. Nash has to score his chances, Stepan has to get his head out of his ****ing ass, Kreider needs to get over this wall he's stopped on, Zucc needs to pretend like he's playing, and Glass should get the **** off this team. And Brass is just wandering and not being the playmaker we know he can be.

It's really disappointing we haven't scored on the chances we're given. I really think Nash is hurt, and I highly doubt he's going to have a solid playoffs. I have no idea what Stepan's excuse is, but I really hope he fixes it soon. Chicago's a good team and we lost a very tight game, I just wish we could've at least forced OT.

And the incompetence of the officiating is becoming a huge problem. This is where a coach's challenge would be good. I really wish there were a way for a referee to be able to see both sides of the net, but the ref on the non-goal was on the wrong side and from his angle he couldn't see it was loose. But there's no excuse for the bad hand pass call. Just a really bad job there and there's no excuse for it.

The crazy thing is we looked like the team who played last night and traveled. It's just too often we look like we're playing with zero sense of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad