Blackhawks/NBC color commentator Eddie Olczyk diagnosed with colon cancer (upd: officially beat it!)

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
If it's any consolation, colon cancer is one of the easier cancers to treat, provided it's caught early enough.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and successful treatment

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
If it's any consolation, colon cancer is one of the easier cancers to treat, provided it's caught early enough.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and successful treatment

I lost both my Father and Grandfather to this dreaded disease so please once you hit a certain age start getting checked. Yes if found early it is easy to treat.

Best of luck Eddie O.!

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I lost both my Father and Grandfather to this dreaded disease so please once you hit a certain age start getting checked. Yes if found early it is easy to treat.

Best of luck Eddie O.!

This. Especially if it runs in your family. Genetic predisposition means get checked early and regularly.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Sad to hear.

Guys, I know it sucks to go through the process of a colonoscopy, but do it. Don't say yeah yeah.. just do it.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You know what I hate more than listening to Eddie O try to pretend like he is impartial while calling a nationally televised game involving the Blackhawks? Cancer.

Cancer ****ing sucks.

Hope he gets better soon.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I hope his treatments are successful and don't lead to any other side effects. A relative of mine had colon cancer a number of years ago ( it was caught pretty late). He was treated and successfully got rid of the cancer. Unfortunately though the treatments lead to him getting alzteimers. I wish eddie a quick and healthy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to his family going through this with him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know what I hate more than listening to Eddie O try to pretend like he is impartial while calling a nationally televised game involving the Blackhawks? Cancer.

Cancer ****ing sucks.

Well said.

I don't like him as an announcer on national broadcasts, but this is a human being here.

I hope he beats it.:nod:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
When people say get it caught early, just curious, what kind of treatments are there for it at an early age

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Sad to hear.

Guys, I know it sucks to go through the process of a colonoscopy, but do it. Don't say yeah yeah.. just do it.

Honestly the prep is the worst part. The actual procedure sounds bad but is no big deal because you're on conscious sedation.

Cancer ****ing sucks.

Agreed.

Here's to a full recovery. And when you fully recover maybe enjoy more time with your family and stop calling national broadcasts. ;)

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
When people say get it caught early, just curious, what kind of treatments are there for it at an early age

Catching it early generally refers to what stage the cancer is at rather than the age of the person. Though a younger person can likely withstand more agressive procedures (surgeries) than an elderly one.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Well said.

I don't like him as an announcer on national broadcasts, but this is a human being here.

I hope he beats it.:nod:

Honestly the prep is the worst part. The actual procedure sounds bad but is no big deal because you're on conscious sedation.

Agreed.

Here's to a full recovery. And when you fully recover maybe enjoy more time with your family and stop calling national broadcasts. ;)

I would fully accept going back to constantly complaining about how much I dislike his broadcast input if it meant he was completely healthy. He seems like a good guy and I have nothing against him personally. I just really hate the Hawks and everyone who likes them* :laugh:

*I don't really hate everyone who likes the Hawks. There are two or three people who like the Hawks who I only mildly dislike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad