Friedman: Blackhawks interested in Kuzmenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
There's reports that after Friedman's podcast in which he mentioned Kuzy to Chicago that more of his sources contacted him and told him there is definitely smoke and more to this story..

I'm not sure if that means a bigger deal with Chicago and Van or if itsa 3 way deal with Chicago Van and another team.

Very telling though that Friedman doubled down on this rumor, he doesnt usually do that unless something is imminent to happening!

My guess its a 3way deal

To Chicago: Kuzmenko

To Canucks : Big Name player, depth bottom 6 or depth Dman

3rd Team: Chicago 3rd, Canucks 1st, Canucks Top Prospect ( Bruztewicz)

Reactions: David71

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
People saying this makes a ton of sense..... explain?

Why does a rebuilding team nowhere near the playoffs want to trade assets for a prime aged player on a short term deal?

To flip him? How can they know they get more than they end up having to pay? Surely Vancouver knows the market for him better than Chicago does. If someone is willing to pay more for him than Chi, why wouldn't Vancouver just go straight to the source and take that deal? Retention I guess but seems like a lot of work for a small gain.
Because on Chicago he will likely be force fed top minutes with Bedard, raising his value, something that isn't afforded on the canucks.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Can you point me to the cases which you think the Hawks have had bad asset management since Bowman was fired?

Things to consider:
1) In the last 2 drafts, the Hawks had 10 picks in the top 2 rounds.
2) In the next 3 drafts, the Hawks have 12 picks in the top 2 rounds.
3) The Hawks got out of Debrincat at the perfect time.
4) The Hawks got value for Dach. I know that you can't project future injuries, but they seemed to get out at the right time.
5) They did Kane a solid by moving him where he wanted and got less in return than they theoretically should have.

Not saying that the Hawks are promised anything with picks, but asset management typically is not having guys expire on your roster. The Hawks literally will have a more than double the amount of picks in the top 2 rounds over a 5 year stretch. You can make a case that the Hawks made a mistake by going "full scorched earth", but I don't think you can make a case that they did poor asset management.
Hawks went from a bottom 5 prospect pool to a top 5 in 2 years and should be top 2 after this draft. not everything that KD has done has worked but He has a plan.

my guess is hawks reached out when we were talking to canucks about beulviller and we probably have a rough offer on the table that is not very good and canucks are hoping a playoff team makes a better offer. if not they will probably take the hawks offer. you want to return as much as possible but getting out of next year, getting cap space this year and next and not having to trade ZAD all make alot more sense then holing out for a 2nd when the hawks might be offering a 4th.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
3 way trade prediction:

To Bufallo: Canucks 1st round, Chicago 3rd round, Canucks 4th round , Hunter Bruztewicz

To Canucks: Casey Mittlestadt, Eric Johnson

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
3 way trade prediction:

To Bufallo: Canucks 1st round, Chicago 3rd round, Canucks 4th round , Hunter Bruztewicz

To Canucks: Casey Mittlestadt, Eric Johnson

Hawks give up a 3rd round pick and get Kuzmenko? Done - sign me up.

The fact is Kuzmenko has a much higher upside than a player selected in the 3rd round - AND - the Hawks had 8 picks in the top 3 rounds in 2022, 7 picks in the top 3 rounds in 2023 and have 7 more picks in the top 3 rounds in the next draft - they can afford to trade a 3rd rounder - AND - they have plenty of cap space to handle Kuzmenko's $5.5M cap his for this season and next season.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
My prediction would be this:

To Vancouver:
Claude Giroux (Maybe with some slight retention to balance salaries. If so, Vancouver throws another pick into the deal)

To Chicago:
Andrei Kuzmenko

To Ottawa:
1st round pick (Van) in 2024
2nd round pick (Van) in 2024 that is currently owned by Chicago
Danila Klimovich

Will Giroux waive his NMC? Maybe not, but this is on the off chance that he wants to take two shots at the cup, and then just re-sign in Ottawa in 2025.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

To Vancouver:
Claude Giroux (Maybe with some slight retention to balance salaries. If so, Vancouver throws another pick into the deal)

To Chicago:
Andrei Kuzmenko

To Ottawa:
Danila Klimovich

Will Giroux waive his NMC? Maybe not, but this is on the off chance that he wants to take two shots at the cup, and then just re-sign in Ottawa in 2025.
Don't think a 2nd would be coming from Chicago here .. at most a 3rd.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

To Vancouver:

To Chicago:
Andrei Kuzmenko

To Ottawa:
Danila Klimovich

blackhawks are not giving up a 2nd round pick for a player that Vancouver needs to dump and has term.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He'd look really good next to Bedard.
Sure he would but that being said any NHL GM worth their salary wouldn't be giving up very much to get him as the Canucks don't really want him and he is the typical skilled stopgap but isn't worth his fantasy points in the real NHL.

MrSparkle

Jan 27, 2022
Vancouver
You guys are out of your minds if you think Kuzmenko is being given away or that they’ll need a sweetener. He scored 39 and 75 pts with a coach that fit his style. Hes having a sophomore slump cause he doesn’t fit the coaches system. It’s a scoring contest and the guy is proven to score goals. There are teams salivating over the possibility of getting him.
In the end it will be a hockey trade that benefits both teams. I don’t see much on Chi that fits the bill. Pens or Caps is more likely in my humble opinion.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I definitely think Vancouver's first round draft pick in 2024 is in play.....but if it's moved, it'll probably be to a lottery team looking to stockpile some picks, and rid themselves of a veteran who's an impending UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad