Rumor: Blackhawks in the market for middle 6 forward

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Maybe before Covid hit i did but i never mentioned a 1st after that. How about Johnson for Smith?
COVID was months ago you mention 1st just couple weeks ago claiming that’s what you got for JT Miller who is better and younger. The best I saw for Johnson was a late 2nd or a 3rd rounder but that was before teams dumped salary like Rangers did with Staal plus a 2nd. I think other teams are waiting for Tampa to buy him out and in all fairness Tampa benefitted from it considering 1/3 of their D came from that this past season. It doesn’t make sense for a team to acquire Johnson unless Tampa offers up a big sweetener and I don’t think a first is good enough with the years left on that contract.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
COVID was months ago you mention 1st just couple weeks ago claiming that’s what you got for JT Miller who is better and younger. The best I saw for Johnson was a late 2nd or a 3rd rounder but that was before teams dumped salary like Rangers did with Staal plus a 2nd. I think other teams are waiting for Tampa to buy him out and in all fairness Tampa benefitted from it considering 1/3 of their D came from that this past season. It doesn’t make sense for a team to acquire Johnson unless Tampa offers up a big sweetener and I don’t think a first is good enough with the years left on that contract.

No I never said anything about getting a 1st for Johnson, Killorn maybe but not Johnson. I mentioned using whatever assets we get from trading Killorn to use to dump Johnson. Tampa can't buy Johnson out anyway as the window has passed, so its either trade him, put him in the AHL or play him. If we move a 1st with Johnson will we expect something back at least and not future considerations. Even if its just a 4th liner, we will most likely want some sort of NHL player who can contribute in return since Johnson is still useful just a bad contract in these times.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
No I never said anything about getting a 1st for Johnson, Killorn maybe but not Johnson. I mentioned using whatever assets we get from trading Killorn to use to dump Johnson. Tampa can't buy Johnson out anyway as the window has passed, so its either trade him, put him in the AHL or play him. If we move a 1st with Johnson will we expect something back at least and not future considerations. Even if its just a 4th liner, we will most likely want some sort of NHL player who can contribute in return since Johnson is still useful just a bad contract in these times.
Killorn the guy who said he didn’t care if he killed people because he’s happy the bars are opened? Yeah teams line up for guys who had so many opportunities and can’t finish so they can give up a first......

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00