Rumor: Blackhawks in the market for middle 6 forward

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My guess is Athanasiou. They wouldn't sign a center unless they're trading Strome, which if they're rebuilding makes no sense. You don't trade 23 year old 60 point centers in a rebuild, no matter how defensively limited they are.

Then again, a lot of things Bowman does these days doesn't make sense.

Athanasiou is a decent choice. He has fantastic speed and hands, just very little vision and awareness.

I think he can do some damage with players like Kubalik and Dach around him.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Forgive me, but why's he available then? I can see us parting with one of those assets in a package - not both.
Because he doesn't fit the window. He's signed for 2 years at 3.85M and is 27 years old.
Mikheyev alone doesn't feel like enough, so if not Liljegren, what would you add? Hawks need more forwards than D. It's also one less defender that needs to be protected in the expansion draft when Keith and Seabrook are automatically on the list. If they don't trade Murphy, they're going to lose either him or Zadorov for nothing.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Because he doesn't fit the window. He's signed for 2 years at 3.85M and is 27 years old.
Mikheyev alone doesn't feel like enough, so if not Liljegren, what would you add? Hawks need more forwards than D. It's also one less defender that needs to be protected in the expansion draft when Keith and Seabrook are automatically on the list. If they don't trade Murphy, they're going to lose either him or Zadorov for nothing.

Got it.... before injury Mikheyev had some of the best 5v5 numbers on our team. And he's cheap, which we need. And we're more likely to send a D like Dermott or Lilly as the centerpiece than Mikheyev.... so I really don't know. But I do like Murphy.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Toronto literally had johnson and kapanen they were looking to trade. And Johnson went for cheap as well. Not to mention kerfoot is up in the air.

Have to think hawks could have used one of them no?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Toronto literally had johnson and kapanen they were looking to trade. And Johnson went for cheap as well. Not to mention kerfoot is up in the air.

Have to think hawks could have used one of them no?
Johnsson got moved before Saad did, and moving Saad opened up the spot for a forward. Johnsson would have been nice though.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
I get this want. Saad was over paid. Shed salary cap and get a d-man in the process and sign a middle six forward with the extra money! (Im looking at you toffoli)

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad