Proposal: Blackhawks' deal between now and deadline

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
According to Zawaski, Bowman isn’t in love with Zadorov and would move him for the right deal. So I guess TSN was right to include him on the list.
Makes you wonder what we could have gotten for Saad other than him.

It sounded like Saad wasn’t really a commodity and the most we could have gotten is 2nd.

Like I don’t think it’s a bad trade because we needed another defenseman to step into the lineup, which he did. He just has really bad brain farts. Just kind of a crappy situation.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Zadorov is going to be tough to move now but definitely could be moved after the expansion draft.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If the Zadorov thing is true, I could see Bowman looking to move him because CDH would be tougher to sell and he (Stan) wants to make a spot open for another kid next year, instead of having 2 of Mitchell/Beaudin/Kalynuk sit each night.

I'd say that makes a lot of sense from Bowman's standpoint.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
According to Zawaski, Bowman isn’t in love with Zadorov and would move him for the right deal. So I guess TSN was right to include him on the list.

how does he trade for him then not love him in the same season? How does Bowman keep getting to make trades for this team? He lost the Saad trade 3 times which has to be some kind of record

Reactions: Pertti

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Nikita Gusev contract was terminated by NJ...At one point people thought he was going to be a very good top 6 forward, not sure if he had a falling out or if he just sucks at the NHL level but it could be an interesting player to target if he still has an plus skillset

Reactions: Muffinalt

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
how does he trade for him then not love him in the same season? How does Bowman keep getting to make trades for this team? He lost the Saad trade 3 times which has to be some kind of record

Hard to say what Saad's value was last year but this year his stats look pretty underwhelming, hair above .5PPG, 10th on their team in scoring, a -1 and towards the bottom of the team in +/- while the Avs have the highest differential in the league.

Maybe he looks better to the eye test, but on paper he's the definition of just a guy right now. Z might have more value at this point than Saad.

I'd rather keep Z on the team. Dump him if we get better thus he becomes a bigger liability if still mistake prone but for now I like his role.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You can trade for a player and not be in love with them. I don't think demand was that high for Saad, so Stan moved him for a young-ish RFA Dman that was falling out of favour with his team. It wasn't a bad move at all.

But Stan probably feels the same way about Zadorov as I do. He's been fine, but he's totally available. I doubt they're actively shopping him, but if someone is interested, he's on the table.

Reactions: Idionym and Pertti

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Big Z has the lowest even strength ga/60 of any of the top four d men. Opponents have not been running their offense through him unlike de Haan. He's better than any of the dmen that left the franchise in the last few years. He brings something that none of the dmen moved the last few years brought. Why are they open to moving him exactly?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thought I'd start a thread for proposal trades between now and the deadline...HONEST thoughts, depending on where you think the Hawks will go in regards to staying tr path of youth, pushing for a playoff spot and playoff success and how the new found cap space might be used...

I'll go first, I feel these three trades are possible...

trade Dylan Strome and Lucas Wallmark to CGY for Sam Bennett, Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd in 2021(Flames have two)

Why? I feel Stromes' time is up in Chicago, he's still useful but also moveable...I rally like Bennetts' grit and he hasn't reached his potential yet, At under $3 million and a pending RFA I think Bennett could be resigned at a decent number, Nordstrom could slide into Wallmarks' spot very easily...both guys are good in the playoffs...the 3rd rounder could be the better of either the Flames or Oilers picks

trade Lucas Carlsson to DET for Patrik Nemeth

Why? Again I really like Nemeths' game, liked him when he was with COL and at $3 million and set to be a UFA he kinda fits that mould of Murphy and deHaan, would be an excellent depth move...Carlsson has been passed by Mitchell, Beaudin and possibly Kalynuk...

trade John Quenneville and Anton Lindholm to VAN for Loui Eriksson($1 million retained), 2nd in 2022 and 3rd in 2021

Why? With the cap space now available I strongly think that Chicago takes on a bad contract(Eriksson) in order to acquire assets...Eriksson could be a limited addition to be paired with Soderberg and Janmark, surprise some teams maybe, and getting two additional picks would be awesome.

So basically...
In
Bennett
Nemeth
Nordstrom
Eriksson
2nd in 2022
two 3rds in 2021

Out
Strome
Wallmark
Carlsson
Quenneville
Lindholm

What ya guys think? What deals DO YOU BELIEVE will happen?
Man! I had Nemeth down for the Hawks...Colorado got him for nothing...50% retained and only for a 4th in 2022!!! Come on

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I love how everyone draws conclusions based on Zawaski speculating that Bowman "isn't in love with Zadorov".

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Why would we want him? To bench more young guys?
I've thought he's a solid dman...Nemeth into the mix with Keith, Boqvist, Murphy, Zadorov and deHaan...have Mitchell, Kalynuk, Beaudin, Phillips, Regula work with Franson building chemistry in Rockford...Lindholm and Bowey as backups bin NHL

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Big Z has the lowest even strength ga/60 of any of the top four d men. Opponents have not been running their offense through him unlike de Haan. He's better than any of the dmen that left the franchise in the last few years. He brings something that none of the dmen moved the last few years brought. Why are they open to moving him exactly?
He needs a new contract, and they probably don't see him as part of the future in the same way they do with Boqvist, Mitchell, and Beaudin

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Nikita Gusev contract was terminated by NJ...At one point people thought he was going to be a very good top 6 forward, not sure if he had a falling out or if he just sucks at the NHL level but it could be an interesting player to target if he still has an plus skillset

Pretty sure he had Covid. Also, someone on the main boards said that he had great chemistry with Blake Coleman and that he struggled when he left.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Because he is 3rd pair D man and he costs 3M+.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you for a wonderful January, feburary, and early March. Go get to another cup final and give us a conditional pick boost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad