What about a couple cap deals:

Chicago gets:
Stralman
Smilanic
Denisenko
3rd round pick

Florida gets:
Zadorov

Take on a bad contract. Give them a good player and load up on picks and prospects

Chicago gets:
Komorov
Bellows
Wilde

Islanders get:
Janmark
Linholm

Take on another bad contract for two good prospects.

Lastly a fantasy trade. Fingers crossed.

Chicago gets:
Laine....he’s not doing anything under Torts. But, I’d love to see him with Kane

Columbus gets:
Kubalik
Strome

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I wonder if Detroit would be open to moving Mantha or Bertuzzi.

I think either would be pretty nice for our team, and we have some young attractive pieces for a rebuilding team that we could part with.

Mantha is more skill and production but Bertuzzi I think would be such a good compliment, playing a heavy two way game.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
What about a couple cap deals:

Chicago gets:
Stralman
Smilanic
Denisenko
3rd round pick

Florida gets:
Zadorov

Take on a bad contract. Give them a good player and load up on picks and prospects

Chicago gets:
Komorov
Bellows
Wilde

Islanders get:
Janmark
Linholm

Take on another bad contract for two good prospects.

Lastly a fantasy trade. Fingers crossed.

Chicago gets:
Laine....he’s not doing anything under Torts. But, I’d love to see him with Kane

Columbus gets:
Kubalik
Strome
I don't see other than CBJ even thinking these offers.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I wonder if Detroit would be open to moving Mantha or Bertuzzi.

I think either would be pretty nice for our team, and we have some young attractive pieces for a rebuilding team that we could part with.

Mantha is more skill and production but Bertuzzi I think would be such a good compliment, playing a heavy two way game.
I don't want Mantha, he is Laine but not as good shot.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
No Mantha, no Laine. Replace Haan to help fix the D----maybe Nemeth? Maybe buy low on Bennett---they aren't going anywhere and he wants out----he played well in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Playoffs are about getting down and dirty goals----needs some guys who will go to the net and pay the price. We have snipers all ready.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No Mantha, no Laine. Replace Haan to help fix the D----maybe Nemeth? Maybe buy low on Bennett---they aren't going anywhere and he wants out----he played well in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Playoffs are about getting down and dirty goals----needs some guys who will go to the net and pay the price. We have snipers all ready.
Nemeth isn’t a upgrade on Calvin other then on his contract expiring this year.
Not a fan personally of Bennett but depending on the cost I could handle a move for him.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Don't follow the Panthers too closely, but is Connolly worth more than his boring stats imply? Is this just a cap dump?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thought I'd start a thread for proposal trades between now and the deadline...HONEST thoughts, depending on where you think the Hawks will go in regards to staying tr path of youth, pushing for a playoff spot and playoff success and how the new found cap space might be used...

I'll go first, I feel these three trades are possible...

trade Dylan Strome and Lucas Wallmark to CGY for Sam Bennett, Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd in 2021(Flames have two)

Why? I feel Stromes' time is up in Chicago, he's still useful but also moveable...I rally like Bennetts' grit and he hasn't reached his potential yet, At under $3 million and a pending RFA I think Bennett could be resigned at a decent number, Nordstrom could slide into Wallmarks' spot very easily...both guys are good in the playoffs...the 3rd rounder could be the better of either the Flames or Oilers picks

trade Lucas Carlsson to DET for Patrik Nemeth

Why? Again I really like Nemeths' game, liked him when he was with COL and at $3 million and set to be a UFA he kinda fits that mould of Murphy and deHaan, would be an excellent depth move...Carlsson has been passed by Mitchell, Beaudin and possibly Kalynuk...

trade John Quenneville and Anton Lindholm to VAN for Loui Eriksson($1 million retained), 2nd in 2022 and 3rd in 2021

Why? With the cap space now available I strongly think that Chicago takes on a bad contract(Eriksson) in order to acquire assets...Eriksson could be a limited addition to be paired with Soderberg and Janmark, surprise some teams maybe, and getting two additional picks would be awesome.

So basically...
In
Bennett
Nemeth
Nordstrom
Eriksson
2nd in 2022
two 3rds in 2021

Out
Strome
Wallmark
Carlsson
Quenneville
Lindholm

What ya guys think? What deals DO YOU BELIEVE will happen?

WALLMARK and CARLSSON to Florida for Brett Connolly, Riley Stillman, Henrik Borgstrom and a 2021 7th

Well I was right on two exiting players, and on the cap exchange points!

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Saw a Sharks fan saying that Timo Meier has possibly worn out his welcome in San Jose and isn’t a good fit there. I wonder what it would take to get him. Not that long ago, he was worth far more than Strome. Maybe Strome and a small plus since Meier hasn’t lived up to that contract.

Edit: maybe not. His qualifying offer after that contract is $10 million. I like Meier but not at that price.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What big cap dumps are out there that Stanley could be enticed to take in exchange for another Alex Nylander , Henrick Borgstrom or Malcolm Subban from 1st round years ago?
Define big cap dump, because Connolly is not a big cap dump.
James Neal 5.75 for 2 more years (would probably need at least a 1st back)
Richard Panik 2.75 for 2 more years

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Define big cap dump, because Connolly is not a big cap dump.
James Neal 5.75 for 2 more years (would probably need at least a 1st back)
Richard Panik 2.75 for 2 more years

Would love to rob Edmonton for taking Neal. It would have to be a pretty great sweetener to take that contract though. Definitely a 1st and a good prospect. Would love to steal Bouchard but I highly doubt that happens. Maybe Holloway but again, probably a long shot.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
What could you get for Kubalik? I’m not saying I would want to trade get but what could you realistically get for him? Just wondering. I would imagine his next contract is similar to DeBrincats or maybe a touch lower.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Saw a Sharks fan saying that Timo Meier has possibly worn out his welcome in San Jose and isn’t a good fit there. I wonder what it would take to get him. Not that long ago, he was worth far more than Strome. Maybe Strome and a small plus since Meier hasn’t lived up to that contract.

Edit: maybe not. His qualifying offer after that contract is $10 million. I like Meier but not at that price.

I'd go for him. He would be a beast with Toews, and really compliment a lot of our forwards. We could really use someone with skill who plays a heavier game.

I'd trade a lot for him actually. Strome, Beaudin, picks.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I'd trade a lot for Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad