Proposal: Blackhawks' deal between now and deadline

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thought I'd start a thread for proposal trades between now and the deadline...HONEST thoughts, depending on where you think the Hawks will go in regards to staying tr path of youth, pushing for a playoff spot and playoff success and how the new found cap space might be used...

I'll go first, I feel these three trades are possible...

trade Dylan Strome and Lucas Wallmark to CGY for Sam Bennett, Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd in 2021(Flames have two)

Why? I feel Stromes' time is up in Chicago, he's still useful but also moveable...I rally like Bennetts' grit and he hasn't reached his potential yet, At under $3 million and a pending RFA I think Bennett could be resigned at a decent number, Nordstrom could slide into Wallmarks' spot very easily...both guys are good in the playoffs...the 3rd rounder could be the better of either the Flames or Oilers picks

trade Lucas Carlsson to DET for Patrik Nemeth

Why? Again I really like Nemeths' game, liked him when he was with COL and at $3 million and set to be a UFA he kinda fits that mould of Murphy and deHaan, would be an excellent depth move...Carlsson has been passed by Mitchell, Beaudin and possibly Kalynuk...

trade John Quenneville and Anton Lindholm to VAN for Loui Eriksson($1 million retained), 2nd in 2022 and 3rd in 2021

Why? With the cap space now available I strongly think that Chicago takes on a bad contract(Eriksson) in order to acquire assets...Eriksson could be a limited addition to be paired with Soderberg and Janmark, surprise some teams maybe, and getting two additional picks would be awesome.

So basically...
In
Bennett
Nemeth
Nordstrom
Eriksson
2nd in 2022
two 3rds in 2021

Out
Strome
Wallmark
Carlsson
Quenneville
Lindholm

What ya guys think? What deals DO YOU BELIEVE will happen?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Deal one isn’t bad but me personally have no interest in Bennett.
Deal two is a no go for me but not a bad idea.
Deal 3 no thank you.

Reactions: Crow

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would trade De Haan for Eriksson + picks.

Opens up a roster spot for Beaudin and gives us more rebuild assets.

No big contracts to re-sign for next season, so just leave Eriksson in Rockford and forget about him. His cap hit wouldn't impede us.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Trading de Haan, Strome, Soderberg, Wellmark and Janmark for picks and/or prospects. ... Not gonna pretend to know what they bring in the current climate, I just know they aren’t part of the end game.

Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell and Zadorov are off the table and honestly I’d be afraid to move any others under 22. They won’t really bring anything of value back and if one breaks out you’re looking at him in another uniform for a decade.
I’d rather let crap rot on the vine that give away a good player for a 4th or 5th.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Lot of Swedes mentioned in the first post......Bennett is a bit of an enigma, but at least you know he tries, has grit and has a good motor......not sure he excels at any one thing, but would be a good horse in the playoffs----goes to the dirty areas......Sutter might get that more than the other coach....lot of these guys are looking for auditions to get a bigger paycheck and maybe have more of a role with the expansion team......I think I would do the first with that extra draft pick.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Trading de Haan, Strome, Soderberg, Wellmark and Janmark for picks and/or prospects. ... Not gonna pretend to know what they bring in the current climate, I just know they aren’t part of the end game.

Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell and Zadorov are off the table and honestly I’d be afraid to move any others under 22. They won’t really bring anything of value back and if one breaks out you’re looking at him in another uniform for a decade.
I’d rather let crap rot on the vine that give away a good player for a 4th or 5th.

I think Janmark should receive some serious consideration when it comes to being a "part of the end game". He's very underrated. Solid PKer. Very good skater. Skilled enough to plug anywhere in the top 9 on the wing and produce. I think he could be a valuable depth forward for us, not just now but for the foreseeable future. If he's willing to take something around 3-3.5mil per for the next 2-3 years....that would be ideal.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Trades will be severely limited this year with quarantine bs. Don't expect much folks unless same division trade which isn't out of the question but not sure Dallas would want to dance with us.

Ironically, if Bobby Ryan is on the market which I am sure he is...he would be a cheap add as he and Kaner are buddies and he would be a solid add to our power play. Only thing though is his motor and physical play has long been gone he might get shit on like Strome does with the way he plays. Just not many options in our division.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I like this one.

I really like Hintz game. Honestly not sure Dallas would do this.

I would definitely do #1. Big fan of Bennett.

Don’t see Dallas giving up on Hintz.

Faksa is really good shutdown center. I like him.

It would take quite a lot to get Hintz from Dallas. Probably more than we'd be willing to part with.

Agreed with everyone that Hintz is probably too expensive. I wouldn't pay much more because he is not proved he is top 2C.

Put my trade offer on some Dallas firesale thread, Dallas fan shot down Hintz proposal very quickly. Faksa option was more liked.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How can anyone be a 'solid pker" when we are 27th in kill efficiency when on the PL?

It boggles tgat fans over-rate aspects of ourvoersonel when failing at a task..

Kampf too is supposed to be a bery good pk guy..and Keith is used on the pk a lot.. and despite tgesexe we still stink a man down...

We are IN FSCT below league average for the pk...Sp please do mot tell me anyone we use is a good ok guy...the stats just do not bear making sich silly assertions.

Kampf cannot mitigate his pk faiks because he has zero offense...At least Janmark provides some scoring.

But if pkayers are given a special teams role tgey must excel by results in performing these sorcial roles...otherwise you accept mediocrity at best or awful at worst.

We must strive for better...You coukd argue we woukd have netter pk guys if we had more cao room or used our LTIR relief to add better players...but sincexwexare in a re-buikd we cannot dip into the LTIR twice tgeir cap expensive squad tgey putvout now ...If Kucherov was playing they eoukd have to cut current cao eatibgvpkayers off their team..

But Hawjsxare not at tge correctvtime to max LTIR relief where we have liked up over $22million we might otherwise trade ouckscto make a Cup run.

Instead ourxKTIR relief correctly goes unused...we will not be buyers at TFL bit shoukd be sellers for picks..

That is just the way itvis

If Toews does a Seabrook and retires due to this energy sapling illness that somehow does not reverse back to health,....then we will have Both hom and Seabs on LTIR and tgat is still a stockpile of $17,375,000 for the LTIR relief fund ....IF tge club decides to use it to get better personnel to replace those cap wasted because unable to play albatross contracts and IF Rocky agrees to part with the real cash outlay if tgecrdluefvis actualky used to acquire pkayers.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Janmark should receive some serious consideration when it comes to being a "part of the end game". He's very underrated. Solid PKer. Very good skater. Skilled enough to plug anywhere in the top 9 on the wing and produce. I think he could be a valuable depth forward for us, not just now but for the foreseeable future. If he's willing to take something around 3-3.5mil per for the next 2-3 years....that would be ideal.

agreed however you know that this is Janmarks contract to cash in on and he is going to want both term and salary, both of which may not fit into the long term plans...

now if Janmark takes a bit of a discount then perhaps as like you say he is a really useful player, almost like a Swiss army knife, you can use him in virtually any/all situations

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I want Hawks go for Ducks RD, (defensive defenseman) Jani Hakanpää (28)
6 foot 6 / 220 lbs | good skater for his size | quality first pass forwards | has an hard and heavy shot

In 13 of his 26 games this season, he has played for Ducks 1st d-pair.
Season high about 27 mins, season low about 16 minutes.

Hawks PK needs a player like Hakanpää, also 5 on 5 defending.
- he has had couple of highlight reel defensive plays this season

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I want Hawks go for Ducks RD, (defensive defenseman) Jani Hakanpää (28)
6 foot 6 / 220 lbs | good skater for his size | quality first pass forwards | has an hard and heavy shot

In 13 of his 26 games this season, he has played for Ducks 1st d-pair.
Season high about 27 mins, season low about 16 minutes.

Hawks PK needs a player like Hakanpää, also 5 on 5 defending.
- he has had couple of highlight reel defensive plays this season
I'm all for a Zadorov Hakanpaa pairing .. never tire for a twin towers defense .. at least visually!

HawksinBLo

Feb 26, 2021
They aren’t in “buy mode” but if you’re expecting a sell off in this climate you’re probably wrong as well.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad