Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks acquire D Tim Erixon from CBJ for F Jeremy Morin

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Congrats, you named 2 of them now.

Shaw isn't our 2C, he is #3/4.

I was responding to this comment:

Fact is, we were missing our 2nd best C last year (Shaw) for 4 games of the LA series where we went 1-3, when Shaw came back, we went 2-1. Our C depth is fine, and we should keep restocking with young talent and not chase C's that aren't really a necessity.

If Shaw is your 2nd best C in any year, then you have no C depth that year.

As for this year, we HOPE Shaw is the 3C. But we still don't know how Richards is going to hold up through the second half of the season, and in the tougher, faster western conference playoffs.

That's a big reason why I'm all for making the trade for Vermette. If Richards keeps up his great play, then we have Vermette as a 3C that's better than Shaw. If Richards doesn't keep up his great play, then you can move him down to 3C and put him up against weaker competition and give him fewer minutes to get the most out of him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I was responding to this comment:

If Shaw is your 2nd best C in any year, then you have no C depth that year.

As for this year, we HOPE Shaw is the 3C. But we still don't know how Richards is going to hold up through the second half of the season, and in the tougher, faster western conference playoffs.

That's a big reason why I'm all for making the trade for Vermette. If Richards keeps up his great play, then we have Vermette as a 3C that's better than Shaw. If Richards doesn't keep up his great play, then you can move him down to 3C and put him up against weaker competition and give him fewer minutes to get the most out of him.
I don't see what my comment had anything to do with this year. I was simply stating a fact that without Shaw, we were terrible vs. the Kings, with him, we played much better. And this year, we have even more depth at C than last year.

I am all for trading for Vermette as well, as long as it doesn't involve Bickell, Shaw, having an inexperienced 3rd D pairing, or trading our 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad