Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks acquire D Tim Erixon from CBJ for F Jeremy Morin

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Erixon has a bad rap on here for whatever reason. He's smart, mobile, and has good puck moving capabilities. He's just not physical. At all. That's what I assume the CBJ didn't like about his game, but he is a more than fine bottom pairing Dman right now and could become more.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Erixon isn't quite the vet I was expecting, but if Morin had to go, this makes sense. Rundblad/Clendening/Dahlbeck can't cut it, and obviously Hawks feel Johns needs more time in RFD.

Disapointing however that we acquire another softie.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
I'd say this a decent trade value wise. Interesting that he played a few years with Rundblad in Sweden too. So this means Dahlback is sent down?

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
I'd say this a decent trade value wise. Interesting that he played a few years with Rundblad in Sweden too. So this means Dahlback is sent down?

Did a little research and it seems like they were a defensive pairing both in the juniors and the SHL for Skelleftea. Anyone that can confirm this?

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
For whatever reason I thought Erixon was a lot older than he actually is.

I'm fine with this. We could use a cheap serviceable LHD.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
1842178_1200_675.jpg

images

Your new Keith-Seabrook pairing ;)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Only surprised on account of the fact that I was expecting the team to just trade for picks.

Will have to do a bit of research on the kid when I have more free time.

member 151739

From what little I've seen of Erixon, I don't like him. Hopefully he changes my mind.

LandofLincoln*

I don't know what to say....I guess I was expecting a 3rd and 5th. Erixson never seen him. I looked him up late first round pick 2009. Probably decent value. I'm guessing there's a 30-35 percent chance he is a Hawk next year. Maybe he turns it around here, and gets a two year deal. Runblad, Erixson, Dahlbeck, TvR, likely Johns and Pokka next season at some point..not to mention Clendening, Brennan. We might as well add another defensive guy to the mix. You never can have to much defense....

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Wouldnt be surprised if cbj is paying some of his salary here. Runblad's full contract details of how arizona is paying some of his salary didnt come out until this summer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Would have rather had a late round pick ,,Meh

2009 underachieving defender for 2009 underachieving forward

I don't think Q will like Erixon. Seems like Stan simply will force Swedish PMD on Q until Q plays them

Nothingman*

Well, not what we needed on D. And if you ar enjoy getting what you need just get picks I say. Rather than have another stump blocking progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad