Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks acquire Corey Perry for a 2024 7th Round Pick

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
This is fine. I don't see why it would be worth getting upset over. Guy sucks when you're playing against him. Won't matter when he's on the ice for us. And perhaps gets an asset at the deadline.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My hot take: the Hawks extend Perry ... retain and trade Perry to a contender for assets.

Both Perry and Bailey's (who will be bought out) agency is Newport. It appears the Blackhawks and Newport are helping each other out ... the Blackhawks receiving future assets and Newport getting their players to their preferred choice. Of course, Perry might also want to be in Chicago. Who knows?
wrong thread

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Im not going to look it up and have no idea how to but how many 7th round picks are in the NHL? And out of the ones who are, how many are marginally useful? Giving up a 7th round pick is the equivalent of used toilet paper, I just don’t like Perry and never have. Perry is used toilet paper but I guarantee he won’t be the worst player on this roster if they keep him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
022D5897-F942-4A64-A99E-36686ADDAE87.jpeg

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Love this trade. Been a Perry fan since he was a London Knight and I helped run is golf tournament in London from 2005-2012.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
It’ll be good to have guys who aren’t afraid to go to the front of the net and create havoc. What struck me in watching the Bedard supercuts is how often his goals are from firing the puck in the 3 open inches through screens. While his shot is amazing on its own and his release and accuracy are second to none (ok, maybe second to one), he’s been playing against children. NHL goalies are much bigger and while he’s certainly going to snipe his fair share of unobstructed shots, more often than not, he’s going to have to find the open slot through screens. Perry will help with that and set a good example for all the non-super stars on how to impact the game. THAT will have an important impact on how successful Bedard will be.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Im not going to look it up and have no idea how to but how many 7th round picks are in the NHL? And out of the ones who are, how many are marginally useful? Giving up a 7th round pick is the equivalent of used toilet paper, I just don’t like Perry and never have. Perry is used toilet paper but I guarantee he won’t be the worst player on this roster if they keep him.
The vast majority of 7th round picks don't even play a single game in the NHL. Take 2016 for example. I use that year because all of those players are now 25 or older which is pretty much the age that a guy is going to be a full-time NHL player, or he's not. Only 4 players from the 7th round that year have played in the NHL. And combined those 4 have played 70 total games.

To take it a step further the only players that I would consider pretty good that were drafted in the 7th round since 2010 are Freddy Anderson, Ondřej Palát, MacKenzie Weegar, and Victor Olofsson. And I don't think any of those players are going into the HOF.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The vast majority of 7th round picks don't even play a single game in the NHL. Take 2016 for example. I use that year because all of those players are now 25 or older which is pretty much the age that a guy is going to be a full-time NHL player, or he's not. Only 4 players from the 7th round that year have played in the NHL. And combined those 4 have played 70 total games.

To take it a step further the only players that I would consider pretty good that were drafted in the 7th round since 2010 are Freddy Anderson, Ondřej Palát, MacKenzie Weegar, and Victor Olofsson. And I don't think any of those players are going into the HOF.
I'm strictly judging this draft on Bedard, Moore, Kantserov, Gojan, and Misiak. Anyone else who becomes a legitimate prospect is a bonus.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm sure it will be around 1 year, 2 to 2.5 mil or so

That would be double what he made last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad