Post-Game Talk (GBU): Blackhawk Down

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I honestly question who Scandella works for. That last goal.. another giveaway, zero effort to cover either of the two hawks players who could have scored, and that peewee slap of the puck into the boards, even that looked bad. How is Phil allowing this!?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I wish I had the inside knowledge that some seem to have. Botterill has no input on who plays? Botterill has no sy on who is up and who is down? Players would be winning if only X were coaching? Just a bit simplistic. Too many brain farts and our number 1 goalie has been a turd lately.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I wish I had the inside knowledge that some seem to have. Botterill has no input on who plays? Botterill has no sy on who is up and who is down? Players would be winning if only X were coaching? Just a bit simplistic. Too many brain farts and our number 1 goalie has been a turd lately.

Botterill has total control over who's up and down. He was just asked on WGR today about his input into who plays and where - says he talks with the coaches all the time and the final say is Housley's.

There is still so much crap on this team and callups from Rochester should have been made 6 weeks ago giving players like Smith, Olofsson, O'Regan and Nylander 5 game looks sitting out players like Pominville, Elie, Sobotka, Sheary to make room for them.

Reactions: debaser66

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
U: Lehner leads the league in GAA and save %...The Isle's are 2nd in the Conference and we are out of a playoff spot, smh

Reactions: ValJames

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
U: Skinner probbaly starts to think, maybe we should move on from this sh*t show.
"I wanted to see what we had" Botts for letting it get to this point and answering with Matt Hunwick
Housley and staff out of answers

B: Thread title, good tribute to courage and left that way I think ?

Last edited:

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
Sorry I jinxed the team in the Columbus game when i said we possibly overreacted about housely. To the pit of misery with me. Dilly Dilly

Reactions: joshjull

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Botterill can make his bones this deadline and in the offseason. It's literally going to be the most crucial six months of his potential future as a GM. Either you find the depth trades that he absolutely can make with picks and go for the post-season, or recognize that we have ZERO depth and embrace the tank while desperately trying to keep Skinner on. I'm honestly in favor of the latter at this point and I think we could have the money to get depth in FA and through further drafting, but to tease this shell of a team along is pointless. I don't think losing Skinner is akin to the Briere/Drury losses in the past. I think building up around the team as a whole is most important at this point and IF he does his job right, we will be able to secure a playoff spot easily next year.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Sad watching these post-game GBU threads slow to a trickle of activity over the years.

This fanbase is decimated.

How long has the suck been goin on now? 8 years? I've lost count.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sad watching these post-game GBU threads slow to a trickle of activity over the years.

This fanbase is decimated.

How long has the suck been goin on now? 8 years? I've lost count.
The season ticket renewals should be fun. I think this is the point where tons of people have had enough and drop their tickets. Next season you are going to be seeing lots of 12-13k crowds unless they go all out with incentives to retain people. I'm betting there will be a price increase and another bullshit letter from Pegulia blaming the league.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The thing that infuriates me the most is that there is zero chance ANYONE is held responsible for this disgusting and embarrassing dumpster fire of a season. Botts, Phil and his entire staff have 100% job security no matter how spectacularly they screw the pooch and it just makes me sick.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
The sad thing is watching the reaction on the bench when they won that OT game against SJ and using that as a reference point for where we are now. From that, to this....

We THOUGHT they needed a taste of winning to induce a ravenous hunger for more, but apparently not.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
C'mon, boys. We all knew that this was a rebuild season. That 10 game winning streak was the worst thing that could've happened to the club.

It (probably) made trailorsly think that the playoffs were a real possibility, which meant he hasn't given the prospects any time in the NHL, to get the experience that rebuilds are all about. Disregard results, focus 100% on developing the young guys coming up.

Reactions: Eichel9

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
U: More Hawks jerseys in the lower bowl than Sabres. Looks like the franchise is going to have to rely on revenues from visitors!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad