Rumor: Black Skates to make an appearance?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I want the main jerseys to be the current one but with Johnny Canuck as the logo.

And alternate jersey the black skate jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordBacon

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Better yet, let's go full-on original, old-school, all-letters, classic OG sweaters:

ULPUVaS.jpg

WSHy1Km.png

9QA8rIR.jpg

8JhN9fC.jpg

k7OdGug.jpg

BB8Fp9J.jpg

And while we're at it, we gonna go back to heavy, wool-knit sweaters made from the finest Alpaca fibre, the way God intended, and none of this moisture-wicking, polyester jersey crap, kids are wearing these days!

Here's Don Cherry:

H49RDsS.jpg

Now that's a good Canadian kid!

I would love to see us do a retro night where they wear those old blue WHL uniforms. Really, I’d like to see them acknowledge that era of Vancouver hockey history in any way shape or form. They’ve never really done so.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Honestly think it's a far better colour scheme than blue/green.

Our stuff looks corny

except for this - this is great.

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

(if anyone has a size medium one that isn't a fake sell it to me thanks)
agree, these are my favorite blue/greens. the current thirds we have are underrated too tho imo. i think i like our default home/aways least

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I definitely like the flying skate — no doubt about it — but I'm leaning strongly towards Johnny Canuck. Haven't made my mind up yet as to which Johnny Canuck — the full body or just the head, but it appears that if what Drance is saying about the flying skate comes to pass that I'm going to be shit out of luck anyways.

My reasoning is that since the Canucks of the old Western Hockey League, we have had no team identity which jibes specifically with the name, the Canucks. I'm not sure that's ever been the case with any other major sports franchise. It probably has, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

We have had no cohesive team identity since 1969.

While the orca is definitely a cool animal and a great idea to build a team identity around when starting from scratch, it has nothing specifically to do with what Johnny Canuck is and what it has always been — a man, a hero, who represents the strong pioneering spirit of Canadians. An orca or a flying skate is none of those things.
Utah Jazz is pretty brutal for that.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
The orca scheme makes sense for our city but it looks kinda 2000ish dated... the black skate jersey was bad@ss and kinda intimidating... retro 90's is cool.. bring it back.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I like these jerseys not just for nostalgic reasons. These jerseys really pop compared to the more common subdued jerseys you normally see around the NHL these days

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Trash-ass logo that represents nothing covered in a 80s/90s colour scheme that look like a f*cking Spirit Halloween sh*t all-over ice. Only reason anyone likes them is that people like the brain chemicals they get from nostalgia.

Last edited:

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I would love to see us do a retro night where they wear those old blue WHL uniforms. Really, I’d like to see them acknowledge that era of Vancouver hockey history in any way shape or form. They’ve never really done so.

I’m a goalie. I have a repro of the blue Western League jersey and socks, and NOBODY among my most Canuck loving hockey buddies has a clue what it is. I concur, bring it back!

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Honestly think it's a far better colour scheme than blue/green.

Our stuff looks corny

except for this - this is great.

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

(if anyone has a size medium one that isn't a fake sell it to me thanks)
I wanna say these had no namebars on the back. Cool touch.

Reactions: Peen

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m a goalie. I have a repro of the blue Western League jersey and socks, and NOBODY among my most Canuck loving hockey buddies has a clue what it is. I concur, bring it back!

Sweet! I’d dabbled with having one custom made after I nabbed a knock off WHA Vancouver Blazers jersey off the internet. I find the varying chapters of professional hockey history Vancouver has had fascinating.

Reactions: Indiana

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Sweet! I’d dabbled with having one custom made after I nabbed a knock off WHA Vancouver Blazers jersey off the internet. I find the varying chapters of professional hockey history Vancouver has had fascinating.

Oh, likewise! I have a Blazers jersey too. First pro hockey game I went to as a kid was the Blazers versus the Alberta Oilers. Again, unless you’re of a certain age, like me, or a hockey historian like you, the jersey is unfamiliar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad