Rumor: Black Skates to make an appearance?

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
started watching hockey/canucks since 2010,
but the flying spaghetti is my fav.
Looks badass

Last edited:

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
They should go back to that red/black skate jersey. Was fire and boomers just didnt understand how good it was.

Feb 19, 2018
This needs to be a full time thing. This is almost something we start up as a petition for ownership. Seems like the fans are getting everything they want right now.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
New Coach, new GM. If there was ever a time to rebrand the team, it's now. Bunch of ppl will go out and buy one which will be a fat cash injection which is really needed now with the covid related financial pains..

Feb 19, 2018
New Coach, new GM. If there was ever a time to rebrand the team, it's now. Bunch of ppl will go out and buy one which will be a fat cash injection which is really needed now with the covid related financial pains..
100% and what the fans actually want

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
eww all these old jerseys suck except the c originals, which is ok I guess. I'm convinced the love for these jerseys is some 90's nostalgia and the fact that anything is better then whatever hideous thing they wore in the 80's. It looks like they were straight up trying to replicate the trailblazers logo

After filling out the front office, a jersey revamp should be on Rutherford's list during the offseason

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I love those jerseys and I'm very excited to have them back this season. Most of my fondest memories came from the early to mid 90's Canucks. Bure, McLean, Linden, Ronning, Lumme, Adams, G. Courtnall, Odjick, you name it, lot's of character, always entertaining. 94 Stanley Cup final run was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in my life. Every game practically went into OT and brought me to the edge of my seat.
Love the fact that these jerseys will be recognized this year, those colors look mean and beautiful.

Also love the Thatcher Demko "McLean" tribute mask. A mask that goes down as my favorite mask, such a perfect dress code it created when worn. McLean looked slick when he suited up. Glad Demko is honoring it.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
We should go back to those full time, best looking jerseys we had and so nostalgic to a great time of my earl childhood falling in love with hockey through Bure, Linden, McClean, Adams, Ronning, Courtnall, Lumme etc

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I wish that they could just go with the Black skate jersey on the road and at home. All Black Jersey every game. Give the team a kind of a "F U" vibe in every venue.

I wonder what the rules are according to official NHL home and away sweater rules. I would love the Canucks to skirt the rules and be a bad ass F the rules team.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I say change full time, 90s fashion is in right now, and the blue and green we have now is look a bit late naughties tired.

Refresh for a new era without having to add anything new.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
bring back the black skates i love those jerseys. make it full time. blacks at home. whites on the road. occasional stink in rink ones.

SixtyFour

Aug 7, 2015
Everyone has their own tastes.
I became a fan because of Orca logo, but flying skate jersey is cool.
If we'll have flying skate as permanent alternate jersey it would be awesome.
And stick in rink as a 4th jersey :rolleyes:

Reactions: Indiana

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I like our normal jerseys but really dont like the stick in rink with double green stripes. If they use the skate jersey as their main alternate and we see it as often as we currently see the stick in rink, thatd be cool

Reactions: Indiana

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Our current jerseys with the orca and the Vancouver letters are terrrible
Better yet, let's go full-on original, old-school, all-letters, classic OG sweaters:

ULPUVaS.jpg

WSHy1Km.png

9QA8rIR.jpg

8JhN9fC.jpg

k7OdGug.jpg

BB8Fp9J.jpg

And while we're at it, we gonna go back to scratchy, wool-knit sweaters made from the finest Alpaca fibre, the way God intended, and none of this moisture-wicking, polyester jersey crap, kids are wearing these days!

Here's Don Cherry in wool:

H49RDsS.jpg

Now that's a good Canadian kid!

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I definitely like the flying skate — no doubt about it — but I'm leaning strongly towards Johnny Canuck. Haven't made my mind up yet as to which Johnny Canuck — the full body or just the head, but it appears that if what Drance is saying about the flying skate comes to pass that I'm going to be shit out of luck anyways.

My reasoning is that since the Canucks of the old Western Hockey League, we have had no team identity which jibes specifically with the name, the Canucks. I'm not sure that's ever been the case with any other major sports franchise. It probably has, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

We have had no cohesive team identity since 1969.

While the orca is definitely a cool animal and a great idea to build a team identity around when starting from scratch, it has nothing specifically to do with what Johnny Canuck is and what it has always been — a man, a hero, who represents the strong pioneering spirit of Canadians. An orca or a flying skate is none of those things.

Last edited:
Reactions: DustyMartellaughs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad