Rumor: Black Skates to make an appearance?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if somebody went to Ruthaford and requested them to return lmao

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Compared the the stick in rink jerseys with far too much green on them, I vastly prefer the black jerseys. They look so much better.

Reactions: MarkMM and Grantham

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Compared the the stick in rink jerseys with far too much green on them, I vastly prefer the black jerseys. They look so much better.
Yeah it was so good that Calgary Flames blatantly ripped it off for their alternates last year :laugh:

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Those 90's jersey's were the best we've ever had.

The black red and yellow was intimidating and bad@ss. Also very unique.
I would love to see them go back to that and move away from the super friendly color scheme we have now.

Imagine Demko in that... FIRE.
Pettersson puling off his 1 hand Foppa deke in that.. FIRE.
Boeser snapping a 30' wrister top corner.. FIRE.
Hughes spinning around and walking the blue-line making space to feed Jt. Miller for a 1time clapper. FIRE.

do it!

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
shoutout to the early yellow version of the captain kirk mask

upload_2021-12-20_12-58-30.jpeg

i feel like there was also one where it looked like a modern mask in the front but just straps on the back, but i might have invented that memory

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The skate jerseys are my nostalgic favorite - first became a fan while they were in use, and all my childhood favourites wore it. The Orca came in when I was in high school. I don’t hate any of the looks we’ve had (although I’ve got most to least favorites), but seeing these bad boys out definitely makes me a happy camper. I think they look deadly.

Reactions: nucks88 and Indiana

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The skate jerseys are my nostalgic favorite - first became a fan while they were in use, and all my childhood favourites wore it. The Orca came in when I was in high school. I don’t hate any of the looks we’ve had (although I’ve got most to least favorites), but seeing these bad boys out definitely makes me a happy camper. I think they look deadly.

Also helps that there are no Free Willy remakes

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
The stick and rink is my favourite by far (and blue/green is THE colour combination for Vancouver). But these need to make a 2-3 time a year appearance for sure.

Reactions: Levch

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
The stick and rink is my favourite by far (and blue/green is THE colour combination for Vancouver). But these need to make a 2-3 time a year appearance for sure.

Sick and rink should be our main jerseys with the black skate being the 3rd

Our current main jerseys with the orca and the Vancouver letters are terrrible.... up there with the worst in the league

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Honestly think it's a far better colour scheme than blue/green.

Our stuff looks corny

except for this - this is great.

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

(if anyone has a size medium one that isn't a fake sell it to me thanks)

To me, that one looks the worst. Blue on green and green on blue all the way.

Reactions: DFAC

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
This was the version with yellow home jerseys. Thus the reason for the yellow painted mask.

ya that was my first year really watching, so i caught the last season of home yellows (and the babe patches)

next year came larionov and krutov and the rebrand to whites

year after was courtnall and ronning

then after that pavel’s rookie year

back in the early 90s, the yellow era really felt like a whole other decade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad