Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad to MN (50% Retained) for a Conditional 7th (must play 70 games or get 35pts for the Wild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not sure, but unless Guerin is paying to buyout Bjugstad, he obviously think Bjugstad can play in the top 9.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So Guerin is either doing his old boss a favor, Eriksson Ek will be the 2C, or someone is being moved from the bottom 6 as part of a bigger deal.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don’t know what Guerin is doing.

Staal
Ek
Bjugstad
Sturm
Rask

I can’t see a scenario where you acquire Bjugstad at that AAV to sit in the press-box, so he’s definelty going to be in the lineup. Even if they butout rask, there’s still not any really open spots down the middle unless Sturm is back to the AHL. I’m starting to get the feeing this might be a tank season again.

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t know what Guerin is doing.

Staal
Ek
Bjugstad
Sturm
Rask

I can’t see a scenario where you acquire Bjugstad at that AAV to sit in the press-box, so he’s definelty going to be in the lineup. Even if they butout rask, there’s still not any really open spots down the middle unless Sturm is back to the AHL. I’m starting to get the feeing this might be a tank season again.

He could play RW, but even then you have Kunin and Hartman.

Unless you're looking at Kunin as a top 6 RW.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He could play RW, but even then you have Kunin and Hartman.

Unless you're looking at Kunin as a top 6 RW.
I’d have to imagine Fiala, Kaprizov, Zuccarello are 3/4 top 6 wingers. Parise, Greenway, Kunin, Hartman the bottom-6 wingers. You’re right, he could be planning on Kunin sliding in.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Great idea if it's just grabbing a guy that's worth more than you actually pay for.

Not a great idea if this is the plan for a top 6 center.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Great idea if it's just grabbing a guy that's worth more than you actually pay for.

Not a great idea if this is the plan for a top 6 center.

I'd like to see how much Pittsburgh is retaining. I doubt it's 2M, but if it is, Bjugstad at 2M for a conditional 7th isn't the worst deal. He had 49 points in his last healthy season, so if he's healthy again, he could be a solid addition to the bottom six at 2M. It's just confusing because our bottom six is already full of solid bottom six guys.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd like to see how much Pittsburgh is retaining. I doubt it's 2M, but if it is, Bjugstad at 2M for a conditional 7th isn't the worst deal. He had 49 points in his last healthy season, so if he's healthy again, he could be a solid addition to the bottom six at 2M. It's just confusing because our bottom six is already full of solid bottom six guys.
Big, fast, right handed shot that is capable of playing center and is capable of scoring 50 points in the NHL.
Like I said, if this is the only plan for a top 6 center then it's not a great plan. But, Bjugstad is a better "take a chance on" than Galchenyuk. Would be a good fit in the slot for Fiala on the PP

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Big, fast, right handed shot that is capable of playing center and is capable of scoring 50 points in the NHL.
Like I said, if this is the only plan for a top 6 center then it's not a great plan. But, Bjugstad is a better "take a chance on" than Galchenyuk. Would be a good fit in the slot for Fiala on the PP

I agree that he could help on the PP, but I really question whether he's a better option than Galchenyuk or whether he's actually capable of 50 points. The one time he got close he was playing with Barkov, Huberdeau and Dadonov.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Pros:
Right handed shot for a team that is need of a right handed shot

Still fairly young

When healthy, looks like a 40-50 point player

If not healthy, possibility of just LTIR

Cost only a conditional 7th

Cons:

Consistently injured. Only one season where he finished with 82 games and 3 games where he has played 70+

Log jam of fairly useless players to muck about the bottom 6 of Minnesota.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I agree that he could help on the PP, but I really question whether he's a better option than Galchenyuk or whether he's actually capable of 50 points. The one time he got close he was playing with Barkov, Huberdeau and Dadonov.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on Bjugstad putting up those kinds of points. Just saying that he has been a good player not that long ago. Hopefully the recent surgery was effective. Just the fact that he's right handed and can skate makes him a better bet than Galchenyuk

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good with me. Bjugstad at 2M for one year? I'm curious to see what moves follow, but I'm good with this one.

Reactions: fgobuzz and 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad