Post-Game Talk: Birds that can’t fly @ Majestic eagles 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps haven't played Pitt well at all pretty much all year. Hopefully tonight it's different. They're by far the better team.

Pitt is playing well - but if you look how they're built, they're probably a first round exit again. They're not a scary team. At all.

If Caps win one of these two or get 3 points total in next couple games, the division is pretty much locked up again for the 6th straight year.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
His shoulder. Killed his career. Complete cheap shot. Wilson never does anything remotely close to that

Agreed. Tom Wilson injures people through body checks. Yes, some of them go wrong but he is almost always attempting a legal hockey play.

Cooke was an extremely dirty player who injured through cheap shots and by methods outside the rules.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps haven't played Pitt well at all pretty much all year. Hopefully tonight it's different. They're by far the better team.

Pitt is playing well - but if you look how they're built, they're probably a first round exit again. They're not a scary team. At all.

If Caps win one of these two or get 3 points total in next couple games, the division is pretty much locked up again for the 6th straight year.

The Caps havent played Pittsburgh since 2/23 and 2/25. They lost 3-2 in OT and won 5-2. In the other 4 games they played early in the season, they are 1-1-2 agains the Pens.

edit: the Caps have 1 regulation loss to Pittsburgh in 6 games. I dont think the Pens have played the Caps since they have gotten a full grasp of the new system and I dont think the results are anything but even before that. You disagree?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

They are a one line team. But that line is a great one. The fact that Caps historically struggled to contain the Crosby line is kinda curious. Not much of an antidote has been created so far despite having an enormous database.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
images

evgeny-kuznetsov-celebrate-ot-capitals-penguins-game-6jpg.jpg

cut.jpg

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Dang I'm going to be Blacked out tonight thanks to NBCS showing the Panthers/Blackhawks game and NHL Network is worthless garbage. You would think Caps/Pens would be prime ticket.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Funny reading the Pens board saying Sheary isn’t a good fit for a third or fourth line when he has been excelling in that role all year and just earned himself a new contract because of it.

No kidding, Sheary has earned his time and a warrior. He was a Caps killer before he came here and now a friendly asset.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Funny reading the Pens board saying Sheary isn’t a good fit for a third or fourth line when he has been excelling in that role all year and just earned himself a new contract because of it.

Penguins fans have some bizarre hate towards Sheary I'll never understand. Dude was a key cog in 2016 and was still a part of the 2017 cup despite being a no show in the playoffs. He was also our best forward in the bubble along with Zucker.

The Sprong hate makes sense given how many Penguins fans went overboard with him in terms of his potential as a prospect.

Anyways, hopefully tonight is enjoyable. I'm so tired of watching Bruins and Isles who can out bore the other match-ups.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

They also told us Schultz was barely a NHL level D at this point of his career. Hopefully Schultz drops a goal or two on them and shuts them out completely.

I'm also rooting for a big game by #92, I feel like he's due for one of his world class performances again like he did in the 2nd game against the Isles last week.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Pens fans have no idea how to watch hockey after being blessed with Mario, Jagr, Crosby, and Malkin. They think everyone sucks... They wanted Letang in the AHL at some point last season lol

It's outrageous that they had 2 players of that magnitude in 2 consecutive eras when we have had only one player of that level only.

I'd love for us just this one time to get a Patrick Kane level player while they only draft a Nugent-Hopkins and we abuse them in the playoffs 10 seasons straight.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
It's outrageous that they had 2 players of that magnitude in 2 consecutive eras when we have had only one player of that level only.

I'd love for us just this one time to get a Patrick Kane level player while they only draft a Nugent-Hopkins and we abuse them in the playoffs 10 seasons straight.
This. It’s only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad