Post-Game Talk: Bipolar Panthers crush Pens 4-1, move back into playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Seriously guys, it never changes. It doesn’t matter what players come, what players go. What part of our team is the best, what part is the worst. Who is coaching, who isn’t coaching, who is GMing and who isn’t.

It never changes. We had one of the best goaltenders in modern history for quite some time... twice, and failed to even be one of the best 8 teams in the conference when he wore the sweater. We had a pretty decent defense for some of those years as well.

Now we have by all accounts a strong offense, no defense, and good goaltending and it’s still the same. We have arguably the best coach and modern history and it’s still the same.

Honestly I don’t think much has changed since the Cohen era except red seats, and a long tenured GM. We’ve still had a coaching carousel as per usual, player changes, blah blah blah. Still mediocre, not outright terrible enough to draft generational talent and not good enough to enjoy even a little bit of success. No man’s land since the early 2000s and it doesn’t look to be changing any time soon.

It’s pretty remarkable.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
agree that there is a bit of a culture issue. you can't change that overnight. i think there might be a few bad apple, though.

it might take a season or more to create an identity and weed out the problems. as frustrating as this is, i think you have to give it a little more time.
We’ve been giving this team more time than any other sports franchise fanbase. I’m done with that right now. I want results, NOW.

Nobody in South Florida calls out these floaters so this board members should do our “jobs” and become a thorn in their side, the coaches, the GM, the players included.

Barkov said “no more excuses”. Then STFU and put in the effort you lackadaisical POS’s.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I agree it’s more than just the D, we have to reshape the defense and half of our offense. Barkov, huberdeau, resign dadonov, Connolly, acciari, vatrano is fine for a bottom-6 player especially at his price tag and what he brings (speed and an agitator). But Trocheck, Hoffman, malgin, Boyle, sceviour can all be replaced (toninato or hunt or Greco or Hawryluk or whoever they decide to be the 12th forward is fine).Ekblad and weegar we should keep, stillman should be the 7th D, everyone not named Ekblad and weegar can be replaced.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think he's feeling the heat, you could see it in the interview with Goldie. His own job security comes before loyalty to these guys and he'll pull the trigger soon if things don't change.

I think he's just being patient like he always does, he's definitely got his trigger on a few different deals, I have no doubt about that.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Again, why did they brake up the Huby-Acc-Tro line that was working so great?

Only because Barky's line stopped working!?!?!?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well I just watched one of the greatest hockey games ever. Canada beating Russia to win the gold medal World Juniors. I am feeling well,
Incoming Panthers win, with the greatest Canadian World Junior on the ice tonight, Huby, with a massive night.

Also, Tro with game number 400 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad