Post-Game Talk: Bipolar Panthers crush Pens 4-1, move back into playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Death%20and%20Fire%20Paul%20Klee.jpg

GAME NOTES
-The Pens used an interesting strategy, calling up their ECHL backup for the Matt Murray start Saturday and leaving Jarry in Pittsburgh so he's fresh for tonight's start
- While Jarry goes for Pittsburgh, Florida has not announced a starter
-Florida ended the 1st half of the season on a 94 point pace
-A win puts Florida in a playoff spot again (somehow)
-Pens have been on fire despite missing Crosby for 2 months, they are 1-0-1 since losing Jake Guentzel to a season ending injury
- The Pens are 16-4-3 at home
-With Buffalo scoring 1st Saturday, Florida moved to 5-11-3 when allowing the first goal of the game

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
No lines today (I bet there will be changes anyways (Hawk in, please). For anyone wondering about the painting, it's a 1940 painting by Paul Klee a few months before his death after a long illness. He hid the word Tod (German for death) throughout, as he longed for death due to his illness. The feeling he felt painting this is similar to how I imagine we all feel watching this team 82 times.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Even with a loss, wich this will be, Florida is right there. Flyers are playing badly and facing many good teams and Florida comes back home after this

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
We lost to buffalo, Columbus’ ahl team, and nearly lost to Detroit. Dale needs to make a move for D asap

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
A small advantage is the Panthers will have a few more hours rest than the Pens. I'm not expecting much though, I fully expect to get my heart ripped out again tomorrow.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
No lines today (I bet there will be changes anyways (Hawk in, please). For anyone wondering about the painting, it's a 1940 painting by Paul Klee a few months before his death after a long illness. He hid the word Tod (German for death) throughout, as he longed for death due to his illness. The feeling he felt painting this is similar to how I imagine we all feel watching this team 82 times.

nice one, im not a Fan of the modern art, thats more my Girlfriend Side. But that Art Post was something nice and Klee was a real good painter if you like the art.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I don't know if i'll even bother to watch. Another no shits given effort by our guys

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
We lost to buffalo, Columbus’ ahl team, and nearly lost to Detroit. Dale needs to make a move for D asap

While I'm all for some help on the blue line, I'm not sure it would solve the problem. To me, it seems the entire defensive structure, which starts with the forwards, seem to not work in this team. Think we need another F in the bottom six, or even in the middle six that can score and play defense with some physicality.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He could try to do that but it won’t work. After CBJ and BUF it is clear what the problem is, and it’s the DISEASE of no effort.

This “no effort” GDT is a perfect voice of displeasure at the whole team, Q, Barkov, Hubie, Ekblad included. The team culture as a whole sucks. It is the teenager who does a bare minimum to get to college so parents shut up, but in reality is only interested in spending time online with his/her social media stuff.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He could try to do that but it won’t work. After CBJ and BUF it is clear what the problem is, and it’s the DISEASE of no effort.

This “no effort” GDT is a perfect voice of displeasure at the whole team, Q, Barkov, Hubie, Ekblad included. The team culture as a whole sucks. It is the teenager who does a bare minimum to get to college so parents shut up, but in reality is only interested in spending time online with his/her social media stuff.
Agree. One d men doesn’t change enough. Effort and Smarter play throughout the lineup would have the biggest impact.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It would be nice if someone called out Tallon at some point in terms of how he’s built this team. He’s always preached building from the net out and that defence wins championships, yet we’ve been terrible defensively for a few years now (year 10 of his tenure, or whatever it is). When will this happen? I’m assuming he’ll just blame Tom Rowe or whoever was in charge the summer after we won the division....but despite that, he’s had ample time to adjust things and it hasn’t worked out. Unfortunately for him, we may see a repeat of the Chicago situation unfold here again and he’ll be next to go.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It would be nice if someone called out Tallon at some point in terms of how he’s built this team. He’s always preached building from the net out and that defence wins championships, yet we’ve been terrible defensively for a few years now (year 10 of his tenure, or whatever it is). When will this happen? I’m assuming he’ll just blame Tom Rowe or whoever was in charge the summer after we won the division....but despite that, he’s had ample time to adjust things and it hasn’t worked out. Unfortunately for him, we may see a repeat of the Chicago situation unfold here again and he’ll be next to go.
If we don’t make the playoffs, he has to be fired.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

agree that there is a bit of a culture issue. you can't change that overnight. i think there might be a few bad apple, though.

it might take a season or more to create an identity and weed out the problems. as frustrating as this is, i think you have to give it a little more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->