GDT: Bingo @ WBS | Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 | 7:05 pm w/ stream

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I really like that 3rd line of DD - Grant - Stone, they could all three be in Ottawa next season.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
You know I never thought about them all coming up at the same time. They could be our new Ruutu Kelly Neil.

WhiteLight*

The Lord of the Rings #1

where's mango, I need a scoring summary

TheOriginalSilf*

It's actually getting hilarious how they continue to win while getting obliterated in shot totals. 32-16 for WBS.

John Holmes*

Scoring

1. BNG Da Costa, (6) (Silfverberg, Benoit), 6:27
3. BNG Gryba, (3) (Cowick, Jessiman), 1:00 (PP)
3. WBS Thompson, (10) (Tangradi, Reese), 4:45
3. BNG Hoffman, (10) , 18:53 (EN)

WilderPegasus*

I really like that 3rd line of DD - Grant - Stone, they could all three be in Ottawa next season.

Of course you do. They're all big boys and we all know you've got a big boy fetish.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Starts Sunday ^

I think they have played their final games for AHL. Bishop was scratched, potential trade?

I can't see any sense in trading any goaltender. One always goes down with some injury. Lehner is just going to have to be patient. there is no way they will put bishop on waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. This is the problem with one way contracts and there is really NO other depth.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I can't see any sense in trading any goaltender. One always goes down with some injury. Lehner is just going to have to be patient. there is no way they will put bishop on waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. This is the problem with one way contracts and there is really NO other depth.

what are you talking about? bishop is waiver exempt.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It's impossible to know what the waiver rules are going to be in the new CBA until it's made public.

We have NOidea WHAT Bishop's waiver status is right now.

i can bet you if he was waiver exempt before, he'll be now. or there will be chaos as he would not be the only one in this situation.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
i can bet you if he was waiver exempt before, he'll be now. or there will be chaos as he would not be the only one in this situation.

1) They've already eliminated re-entry waivers, and totally changed the effect of cap hits as they apply to players buried in the minors (Wade Redden). I think it's safe to assume that there might be other changes as well. Possibly, waiver qualifications might have also changed. Or not.

The point: let's wait until we know one way or the other.

2) I'm fairly sure Bishop wasn't even exempt under the old rules, anyways. Under the old CBA, you had waiver exempt status until you had played 60 NHL games, or 4 years had passed since your first NHL contract. You lose your exemption once you've played 61 games, OR had a SPC for 4 years, whichever comes first.
This year is Bishop's 5th with a valid SPA. Hence: not waiver exempt... I think.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Bishop was waiver eligible this year under the old rules. For now we can only assume that he still is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad