GDT: Bingo @ WBS | Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 | 7:05 pm w/ stream

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Three goalies, concentrated season schedule ... you've got to think all three would get chances to start in Ottawa, with Anderson taking 75% of the games.

Lehner would do well to play it out in Bingo, and be ready for the 2013-14 season in Ottawa. You do have to manage these guys' careers. Three great goalies is an excellent problem to have. But it's not one you have the luxury of taking for granted.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Who do you guys think will be invited to camp from Binghamton?

Bishop
Lehner

Wiercioch
Borowiecki
Benoit
(Gryba)

Silfverberg
Da Costa
(Hoffman)
(Stone)

According to MacLean we'll have under 30 players in camp, so you do the math.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Cube (1997).

Little late, but this got my attention. Great flick. Cube 2: Hypercube was better imo. We do a "awesomely bad movie night" on occasion, this made the cut.

what are you talking about? bishop is waiver exempt.

No he isn't.

Bishop
Lehner

Wiercioch
Borowiecki
Benoit
(Gryba)

Silfverberg
Da Costa
(Hoffman)
(Stone)

I think that is accurate.

For forwards, they said Stone, Silfverberg, and Hoffman were coming.

Who is "they"?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bishop was waiver eligible this year under the old rules. For now we can only assume that he still is.

Waiver rules in the old CBA clearly state a player loses his waiver exemption as soon as he hits 4 years OR 60 games, whichever comes first.

As far as the rules say, he's no longer exempt. Is there a loophole I'm missing? I fully admit my claim of "he's not exempt" comes from actually reading the CBA, so if there's a part I have not read that overrules the 4years/60game threshold, or there's something else I've missed, then I'll gladly concede the point.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Little late, but this got my attention. Great flick. Cube 2: Hypercube was better imo. We do a "awesomely bad movie night" on occasion, this made the cut.

No he isn't.

I think that is accurate.

Who is "they"?

Logic would say: The Murrays?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"they", "them", "the man"

government/shadow government, of course.

The RAND Corporation (in conjunction with the Saucer People), under the supervision of "Reverse" Vampires, in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of "dinner".

... We're through the looking glass here, people...

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Starts Sunday ^

I think they have played their final games for AHL. Bishop was scratched, potential trade?

I would think they will probably play Friday In Binghamton, possibly even Saturday, before heading to Ottawa.

I am assuming the first day of camp will still include medicals, which the players from Binghamton will not need. So B-Sens players could possibly travel Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Murray said he doesn't want to strip Binghamton long term, one of the reasons he is talking to agents and GMs about available D. Leads me to believe the Sens have a plan to minimize the impact on B-Sens.

PS Bishop wasn't scratched due to a pending trade, Richardson wanted Lawson as backup in preparation for him starting one of the weekend games.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Waiver rules in the old CBA clearly state a player loses his waiver exemption as soon as he hits 4 years OR 60 games, whichever comes first.

As far as the rules say, he's no longer exempt. Is there a loophole I'm missing? I fully admit my claim of "he's not exempt" comes from actually reading the CBA, so if there's a part I have not read that overrules the 4years/60game threshold, or there's something else I've missed, then I'll gladly concede the point.

I was confirming what you thought about Bishop.

Eligible for waivers = has to clear waivers for assignment.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
bishop is on a 1-way. i dont think he's waiver exempt. i forget the little loophole that allowed him to play this year in bingo though. anyone remember?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
bishop is on a 1-way. i dont think he's waiver exempt. i forget the little loophole that allowed him to play this year in bingo though. anyone remember?
I could be (probably am) wrong but I thougt it had something to do with him being on the clear day roster last season. Something like that anyway.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

@HockeyScanner Sens will have 26 players in camp. 15f 8D and 3G. #Murray

Paulrus said less than 30.
3 forwards are being invited from Bingo.

Forwards
Spezza
Michalek
Alfredsson
Neil
Greening
Regin
Latendresse
Condra
Smith
Turris
O'brien
Daugavins

Call ups (3)
Silfverberg

Defence
Karlsson
Gonchar
Phillips
Methot

Call ups (4)
Wiercioch

Goalies
Anderson
Bishop
Lehner

Wiercioch and Silf are the only two I know are going up. I am not going to speculate on the others. Just passing along information.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

I could be (probably am) wrong but I thougt it had something to do with him being on the clear day roster last season. Something like that anyway.

Yes, due to the lockout, any player that was on the clear day roster last season was eligible to sign an AHL deal.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008

Yes, for players with NHL contract you had to either play there last year or at least be on the clear day roster.

Bishop obviously both, but for guys like Eberle, Nugent and Skinner to be eligible they had to be on that list.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
@HockeyScanner Sens will have 26 players in camp. 15f 8D and 3G. #Murray

Paulrus said less than 30.
3 forwards are being invited from Bingo.

Forwards
Spezza
Michalek
Alfredsson
Neil
Greening
Regin
Latendresse
Condra
Smith
Turris
O'brien
Daugavins

Call ups (3)
Silfverberg

Defence
Karlsson
Gonchar
Phillips
Methot

Call ups (4)
Wiercioch

Goalies
Anderson
Bishop
Lehner

Wiercioch and Silf are the only two I know are going up. I am not going to speculate on the others. Just passing along information.

I also heard rumors that Noesen and Ceci were given invites. Would that count towards the 30 or in-addition?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
benoit confirmed by tim murray. as well as one/both of gryba, boro.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My Guess:

30 Players:

Forwards - Silfverberg, Stone, Da Costa & Hoffman

Defence - Benoit, Wiercioch, Boroweicki & Gryba

Goalies - Lehner, Bishop (Lehner stays in Bingo due to one way contract for Bishop)

Juniors - Ceci, Noesen

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Turris, Latendresse, Greening, Condra, Z. Smith, Neil, JOB, Daugavins, Regin, Karlsson, Methot, Gonchar, Phillips, Anderson, ... Lundin

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I also heard rumors that Noesen and Ceci were given invites. Would that count towards the 30 or in-addition?

I believe that is included in the 26. Murray said Ceci was attending the camp even though he was just traded to Owen Sound.

I know Noesen was on the list (back in October) to be recalled from CHL once CBA was done. Not sure if that means he does get invited still.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Qward, Tim Murray says Noesen and Ceci will be there. Similar reasons. to "reset" them.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Post game movie suggestions for tomorrow night's game? So far I have these suggestions. I've seen these but they're good and always worth a second watch (in descending order):

Primer
Moon
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Schindler's List
Brazil
Starship Troopers

Haven't seen but don't look promising:

Step Brothers
Bowfinger

Will not watch:

Starship Troopers 3
Clerks 2
Dumb & Dumber
Youngblood

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Post game movie suggestions for tomorrow night's game? So far I have these suggestions. I've seen these but they're good and always worth a second watch (in descending order):

Primer
Moon
Schindler's List
Brazil
Starship Troopers

Step Brothers
Bowfinger

Will not watch:

Starship Troopers 3
Clerks 2
Dumb & Dumber
Youngblood

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Primer
Moon
Schindler's List
Brazil
Starship Troopers

Step Brothers
Bowfinger

Will not watch:

Starship Troopers 3
Clerks 2
Dumb & Dumber
Youngblood

So you won't watch Dumb and Dumber at all? Why? It's f-ing funny dude and you are totally missing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->