GDT: Bingo @ WBS | Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 | 7:05 pm w/ stream

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
on bishop:

he hit his 4 years last year, which is why st. louis was so desperate to trade him for whatever they could get. He no longer has a waiver exemption, assuming rules have not changed (and there has been no news on changes in waiver eligibility).

he was able to play in the AHL because he was on the binghamton clear day roster last year. With the lockout, the AHL decided that only players on 2-way nhl-ahl contracts, players on ahl only or 2-way ahl-echl contracts, and players who were on the previous year's clear day rosters could play in the AHL during the lockout. Bishop had a one-way for this year, but because he was on the clear day roster he was able to sign an AHL contract with binghamton for the duration of the lockout.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
on bishop:

he hit his 4 years last year, which is why st. louis was so desperate to trade him for whatever they could get. He no longer has a waiver exemption, assuming rules have not changed (and there has been no news on changes in waiver eligibility).

he was able to play in the AHL because he was on the binghamton clear day roster last year. With the lockout, the AHL decided that only players on 2-way nhl-ahl contracts, players on ahl only or 2-way ahl-echl contracts, and players who were on the previous year's clear day rosters could play in the AHL during the lockout. Bishop had a one-way for this year, but because he was on the clear day roster he was able to sign an AHL contract with binghamton for the duration of the lockout.

right. since he signed an ahl contract i don't believe he has to go through waivers.

just like if we sign paul ranger. no need for waivers. (i believe)

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
on bishop:

So now that the lockout is over, is he no longer allowed to play in the AHL without clearing waivers? Forgive me, this one has me confused and its actually rather important to our season.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
So now that the lockout is over, is he no longer allowed to play in the AHL without clearing waivers? Forgive me, this one has me confused and its actually rather important to our season.

Correct..and no way no how is Ottawa going to pay him NHL salary to play in the AHL..

Edit: And he would get snatched in a heartbeat anyways

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
right. since he signed an ahl contract i don't believe he has to go through waivers.

just like if we sign paul ranger. no need for waivers. (i believe)

you're talking about re-entry waivers, which apply to recalling certain players from the AHL. I believe these have been abolished in the new CBA, but waiting on the official details to come out.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ben Bishop is on a one yr contract with Ottawa, although he is an RFA. Chances are that he will not want to resign with Ottawa knowing that Lehner is going to be the #1 goalie of the future & Anderson is the #1 now. This is why I think Bishp needs to be traded this yr & since Ottawa needs a good young defenceman now Murray just needs to find a good match. I now think that Bishop will be traded as soon as Murray gets the right deal but in the meantime Bishop stays in Ottawa & is the backup & Lehner waits in Bingo.

I also like the idea of a Lehner/Anderson tandem in Ottawa, a good young stud with a good veteran who can also be a good mentor for him. Anderson can come in & calm the team down when Lehner falters & he can mentor him off the ice as well & at practices Lehner would have two goalie coaches. I could see Anderson resigning with Ottawa to finish his career as the backup to Lehner too.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
he's supposed to be back this weekend. confirmed tonight?

Don't think he's playing tonight judging from what I'm seeing on Twitter, but he's on his way back for sure.

And it is Bishop starting in net tonight with Lawson backing up. So I guess Lehner is in Ottawa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad