B-Sens Bingo 2016-2017 Season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Heard yesterday at the game that Bingo is playing the Marlies in Ottawa on Mar.24/17. I imagine tickets are on sale now. Should be fun to watch & very affordable in comparison to NHL tickets.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Curious to hear from our Binghamton brothers how you figure the loss of Robinson and Stortini will affect the team. Still a ways out of a playoff spot, but the team has really turned it around lately it seems. If they keep it up, who knows. Does the loss of those two players seriously hurt the team or does it not really matter?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Stortini hasn't played in a month - all healthy scratches - so that won't hurt them at all.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Stortini hasn't played in a month - all healthy scratches - so that won't hurt them at all.

More oppertunity for Perron with buddy gone so im happy.

Yeah, sounds good. From what I've heard of their respective performances this year, this may even be a case of addition by subtraction, particularly in Stortini's case, but I wanted to hear from someone who follows the team more closely.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Yeah, sounds good. From what I've heard of their respective performances this year, this may even be a case of addition by subtraction, particularly in Stortini's case, but I wanted to hear from someone who follows the team more closely.

Stortini played periodically in just three games over the course of the 2nd Quarter as he has really been on the decline, so no loss there.

Buddy on the other hand will be missed with his PK specialties being his strongest suit. Unfortunately, he's a career AHL'er and wasn't going to be re-signed after this season.

Can't speak for others but I'm good with it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hopefully Ottawa picks up Stefan Noesen on waivers. Could be a good add for Bingo.

If Ottawa picks him up they have to keep him on their roster. If they waive him, the ducks get first crack and can take him back to their farm team directly.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Ottawa picks him up they have to keep him on their roster. If they waive him, the ducks get first crack and can take him back to their farm team directly.

Correct. Now with the Wingels move, there is almost 0% chance Noesen gets picked up by Ottawa.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
does Bingo need to add more bodies with buddy and stortini gone?

"Big Papi":

With Bailey returned today that has Binghamton with 11 healthy forwards and 7 healthy "D" men....

Would be nice IF they could add a quality AHL player or 2..... As this team has no depth.....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
More oppertunity for Perron with buddy gone so im happy.

Perron plays LW & Robinson plays RW, not sure how Robinson was preventing Perron from getting an opportunity. Isn't that based on the coach & how the player is performing that depends on ice time?

Hopefully Ottawa picks up Stefan Noesen on waivers. Could be a good add for Bingo.

NJ picked him off waivers today.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
We've been playing 7 D instead of playing Stortini for a month now. He's no loss. The trade for us boils down to Buddy Robinson for Casey Bailey, which I'm 100% fine with. With Ottawa adding a body they can send him down for good.

As soon as Blunden is healthy maybe we can go back to dressing 12 forwards instead of 7 D. I would love to see us move Kostka for a forward. He's been brutal this year.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's official that Albany is moving to Bingo next year. So at least you guys will still have hockey.

Story.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I'm a Rangers fan first. I hate this. It would be like Toronto putting their AHL team in your home town... But at least we'll still have AHL hockey and will be able to boo the crap out of Bellville when they come here.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo lose 7-2

46 BNG Chad Nehring (2) ASST: Jason Akeson (15), Phil Varone (18) (PP)
11:41 BNG Nick Paul (5) ASST: None

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm a Rangers fan first. I hate this. It would be like Toronto putting their AHL team in your home town... But at least we'll still have AHL hockey and will be able to boo the crap out of Bellville when they come here.

Yeah I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad