B-Sens Bingo 2016-2017 Season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo up 4-2 with 2:30 to go

10:31 BNG Phil Varone (12) ASST: None (SH)

19:18 BNG Max McCormick (11) ASST: Phil Varone (16) (EN)

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 4-2

Varone 2g 2a

Gagne first point in AHL after 19 games

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ben Harpur: 1 point in first 18 games, 11 points in the next 14.

Interesting. He is a prospect that not many talk about but he is one to keep an eye on... He was a forward before so he is still adjusting to the defensive game. I thought he looked fine in his call-up. He has great size and is a good skater, he's really not far from being a good prospect, so maybe he becomes an asset in a trade or something

Varone with his second breakaway shorty of the game.
Varone >> Kelly

I love Kelly but wouldn't mind seeing him sit. IMO, 1 or 2 of Lazar/Kelly/Neil should sit every game

Instead of Kelly-Lazar-Neil, I'd love to see Varone-Paul-Lazar

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Interesting. He is a prospect that not many talk about but he is one to keep an eye on... He was a forward before so he is still adjusting to the defensive game. I thought he looked fine in his call-up. He has great size and is a good skater, he's really not far from being a good prospect, so maybe he becomes an asset in a trade or something

I hope so as I love his size and skating too but from all reports I have read he is really having trouble with the defensive side of the game.

For a big guy he isn't very physical either I believe (Bingo person verify or contradict that?) and for some reason that always rubs me the wrong way.

Still, great to see the Baby Senators playing better hockey and getting on a bit of a roll - the fans deserve them to play hard to finish the season and hopefully make some noise in the play-offs.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I love Kelly but wouldn't mind seeing him sit. IMO, 1 or 2 of Lazar/Kelly/Neil should sit every game

I don't see the harm in sitting 1 of the 2 old guys ever game and lazar.

Fresh legs is a good thing and varone, McCormick etc. have earned a look.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ben Harpur: 1 point in first 18 games, 11 points in the next 14.

If I remember correctly didn't Harpur lead a rookie tournament in scoring one yr & maybe it was his first yr in the tourney?

As you should expect, I have been one of the few who talk about him being a good option in future because if I remember correctly he was a point producer in Guleph & he led the rookie tournament in scoring one yr. IMO he may be a decent option on a 3rd pairing because he brings some offensive ability more so than Englund, Boro & Claesson on the left side. Obviously a long term project but I like how he is developing & he is tougher than some think, not a big hitter but he will drop them. Just a thought.

I agree with you on Paul & would like to see him back in Ottawa soon but IMO Varone is just another small AHL career player (SDC) who cannot translate the same success in the NHL. Just an opinion.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 3-2 in OT

7:31 BNG Jack Rodewald (13) ASST: Kyle Flanagan (12), Max McCormick (9)
17:59 SPR Anthony Greco (6) ASST: Sena Acolatse (10)
3rd
6:34 SPR Denis Malgin (1) ASST: Jayce Hawryluk (5), Chase Balisy (16)
18:42 BNG Jason Akeson (4) ASST: Chris Rumble (12), Nick Paul (12)
OT
4:43 BNG Francis Perron (6) ASST: Phil Varone (17), Jason Akeson (14)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Springfield at Binghamton
Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
Jan 21, 2017

In Goal:
Springfield, McKenna
Binghamton, O'Connor

1st Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Rau Spr (hooking), 5:08; Brown Spr (high-sticking), 17:22; Krushelnyski Bng (high-sticking), 17:22.
SoSo period Springfield had a bit better of the play in the 1st...... Building is louder tonite...
Shots 11-6 Springfield
After 1st no score.

2nd Period-1, Binghamton, Rodewald 13 (Flanagan, McCormick), 7:31. 2, Springfield, Greco 6 (Acolatse), 17:59. Penalties-Hunt Spr (hooking), 7:59; McCormick Bng (holding the stick), 12:07; Nehring Bng (high-sticking), 14:31.

Rodewald from the slot beats McKenna stick side on a nice pass from Flanagan who was beneath the goal line..... Greco shots it from 30' feet out it hits Sieloff I think pops up and goes in past Moc....
After 2nd. 1-1
Shots:
11-8 Springfield

3rd Period-3, Springfield, Malgin 1 (Hawryluk, Balisy), 6:34. 4, Binghamton, Akeson 4 (Rumble, Paul), 18:42. Penalties-Perron Bng (hooking), 2:02; Hawryluk Spr (high-sticking), 2:57.

Malgin finishes on the back door play O'Connor had no chance.... With O'Connor on the bench Akeson beats McKenna glove side to tie it up.... Both teams are tired....
After 3rd 2-2 tie.....
OT Period-5, Binghamton, Perron 6 (Varone, Akeson), 4:43 (PP). Penalties-served by Hunt Spr (bench minor - too many men), 3:40.

Springfield gets called for too many men...
Perron ends it on the PP in OT, no idea where it went in all that matters is that it went in......
Final 3-2 Sens OT....
Shots on Goal
Springfield 11-10-11-4-36.
Binghamton 6-8-10-3-27.

The rink was rocking tonite nice to see the fans coming out to see this team and making noise...
They keep just doing it how to be honest I am not sure..... This rag tag no depth team gives you 100%.... I'll say it again I am proud of this team and love how they work every game.... KK has done a Hell of a job turning them around..... It is time for Ottawa to add some depth to this team, I'm calling them out to do it NOW.......

Scratches:
Mike Blunden injured
Zack Stortini healthy

The Binghamton Senators travel to Allentown, PA to visit the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Really curious for a progress report on Perron and Paul. I think both have middle 6 potential, but are they improving ? I really liked what I saw of Perron in the offseason camp and expected an adjustment to pro hockey, but have no real insight into his year to date.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Really curious for a progress report on Perron and Paul. I think both have middle 6 potential, but are they improving ? I really liked what I saw of Perron in the offseason camp and expected an adjustment to pro hockey, but have no real insight into his year to date.

First look!

I have a Akeson/Varone piece set for the next Bingo Bites this Wednesday. Followed by a Frankie profile the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino