OT: Bills Season - Part VIII: 6-8 - Next: Sun Dec 27 vs. Dallas, 1PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I don't understand what Polian's talking about when he says the offensive line is "aging." The eldest of the group is Incognito, and he's far from the problem. Glenn, Miller and Henderson are young. The latter two are lousy, but they're in their first and second seasons, respectively. Wood's 29 - neither young nor old.

That unit needs a hefty upgrade regardless of age. That's all I know.

I have to say I agree with damn near everything Polian said. The defense is too complex, and doesn't cater to each player's strengths. We need a good back-up quarterback. Tyrod's a great stop gap quarterback, but his size may hold him back and make him injury prone, so we should draft and develop one that can take over the reigns in a few years. It looks like we need another Percy Harvin signing because Woods was putrid this year. It's time to move on from EJ. The contract handed out to Clay was stupid, though that's hindsight. Everything he said was on point.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
FWIW, I found Beckham's apology before the appeal result was even announced heartfelt and genuine. Hopefully he can mature on the field as well.

He was forced to. Thought the guy was a dick before...still do. Granted I would hardly say Norman and the Panthers are saints. I disagree with the suspension. Both were going at it. The refs never put their foot down. They allowed this to happen.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Puff...puff...pass.

Polian for me is over the hill. Those Colts teams by the end were nothing special. If it wasn't for noodle arm Manning who was still in his decent playing stage they'd have been as atrocious as they were when he was out that year and they haven't been anything special with Luck even if they did find their way to NE last year to get trounced.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
Puff...puff...pass.

Polian for me is over the hill. Those Colts teams by the end were nothing special. If it wasn't for noodle arm Manning who was still in his decent playing stage they'd have been as atrocious as they were when he was out that year and they haven't been anything special with Luck even if they did find their way to NE last year to get trounced.

Colts playoff appearances last 16 years: 13
Bills playoff appearances last 16 years: 0

At this point, I'll take any help we can get

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
He was forced to. Thought the guy was a dick before...still do. Granted I would hardly say Norman and the Panthers are saints. I disagree with the suspension. Both were going at it. The refs never put their foot down. They allowed this to happen.

The Panthers and Norman not being saints didn't force ODB to take his actions. He's a grown a man and he made his mind to try to injure a fellow player.

The refs didn't force ODB to ram Norman in the head.

Norman didn't do anything to try to injure ODB. ODB is the only person on the field to make the decision to try and hurt someone. And he threw a punch in the game, which is at least his second offense doing that since he was also fined for the punches he threw against the Bills. If anything, the suspension wasn't long enough.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Panthers and Norman not being saints didn't force ODB to take his actions. He's a grown a man and he made his mind to try to injure a fellow player.

The refs didn't force ODB to ram Norman in the head.

Norman didn't do anything to try to injure ODB. ODB is the only person on the field to make the decision to try and hurt someone. And he threw a punch in the game, which is at least his second offense doing that since he was also fined for the punches he threw against the Bills. If anything, the suspension wasn't long enough.

Did you not hear about the pre game thing with the bat? There's also claims that they were making gay remarks at him. Now, I don't know if he is gay or not and I don't really care I'd he is but either way it's hard to fund proof of did or didn't but grown man or not it sounds like there was an attempt to instigate matters.

No, the refs didn't but they also didn't take a command earlier in the game either. They were both going at it having a scrum on the first play. Norman shoved his hands in his facemask on one play. I'm not blaming the refs for his actions but I am saying they set it up for that to potentially happen by not getting a hold of it. I know in college if you get 2 personal fouls they eject you. By that account both guy should have at some point got tossed.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Did you not hear about the pre game thing with the bat? There's also claims that they were making gay remarks at him. Now, I don't know if he is gay or not and I don't really care I'd he is but either way it's hard to fund proof of did or didn't but grown man or not it sounds like there was an attempt to instigate matters.

No, the refs didn't but they also didn't take a command earlier in the game either. They were both going at it having a scrum on the first play. Norman shoved his hands in his facemask on one play. I'm not blaming the refs for his actions but I am saying they set it up for that to potentially happen by not getting a hold of it. I know in college if you get 2 personal fouls they eject you. By that account both guy should have at some point got tossed.

The bat thing before the game didn't make him take a cheap shot on Norman. He was frustrated and saw an opportunity to be cheap. The reffing went the same for everyone in that game, but only one player made the decision to try and injure another player. Only one player made the decision to throw a punch.

Trash talk happens in EVERY NFL game, and there is only a handful of players that take cheapshots like that.

If the refs get take charge, it probably doesn't happen, but it doesn't matter. Both teams played with the same ref and only 1 player did what he did. He's demonstrated a past of now being able to handle himself. See the Bills game where he threw a bunch. See the game 2 or 3 weeks ago where Eli missed him and he kicked the ball away. He's emotionally immature and that leads to his actions.

He has a past of throwing punches, should be 1 game for that. His intent to injure is another game. He should be out for the rest of the year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Colts playoff appearances last 16 years: 13
Bills playoff appearances last 16 years: 0

At this point, I'll take any help we can get

The vast majority of those 13 are because of two things:

1) The other teams in that division sucked
2) He made one really good draft pick with the 1st overall pick a long time ago

His drafting was so bad, that simply losing Manning was enough to turn that playoff team into almost a 0 win team. I was glad Polian didn't take the "football czar" position. He's simply not as good a GM anymore.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
*Polian sits down, drums his fingers.*

"Gentlemen, what this franchise needs..."

*rapt attention from everyone else in the room"

"Is a half of fame qb to fall into its lap."

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Unless you're Joe Flacco or Russell Wilson

But even granted that there's no strategy to it that can be gleaned from Bill Polian. Gonna cut him a check to say "draft first overall or get lucky?"

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Unless you're Joe Flacco or Russell Wilson

But even granted that there's no strategy to it that can be gleaned from Bill Polian. Gonna cut him a check to say "draft first overall or get lucky?"

Throw E Manning in that list too. He should never be in the hall or considered but sadly the luckiest catch of all time will get him there.

That's sadly what the NFL has become. There's just not many franchise QBs out there so it really is luck.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The bat thing before the game didn't make him take a cheap shot on Norman. He was frustrated and saw an opportunity to be cheap. The reffing went the same for everyone in that game, but only one player made the decision to try and injure another player. Only one player made the decision to throw a punch.

Trash talk happens in EVERY NFL game, and there is only a handful of players that take cheapshots like that.

If the refs get take charge, it probably doesn't happen, but it doesn't matter. Both teams played with the same ref and only 1 player did what he did. He's demonstrated a past of now being able to handle himself. See the Bills game where he threw a bunch. See the game 2 or 3 weeks ago where Eli missed him and he kicked the ball away. He's emotionally immature and that leads to his actions.

He has a past of throwing punches, should be 1 game for that. His intent to injure is another game. He should be out for the rest of the year.

I'm not a fan of the guy or condoning his actions but being a logical person I know that every action causes a reaction of sorts. He didn't just so it something triggered that action. I don't know what exactly. Frustration may have been a part of it but there was definitely more to it than that I'm certain. The refs surely could have prevented that and took control but they never did and here we are. They should probably endure a suspension too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce