OT: Bills Season - Part IX: 8-8 - Next: Draft and Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Draft your QBs, worry about whatever later. If he's good enough where paying hundreds of millions is a thought, then you're in a better spot than half the league.

You also can't afford to let anyone you're slightly interested slip by. As we're seeing with EJ, teams are realizing that these rookie QB deals are very cost efficient, they're a good investment for their entire rookie deal unless they totally implode.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Buffalo's been waiting decades for a great QB. You don't want to draft Hogan because you're worried he sits for three years then leaves? Because Taylor will be healthy for the next 48 regular season games.:shakehead

Buffalo may already have a "great" QB. And they are hesitant to give him a big money extension. Luckily they can see another season play out before having to decide. So you think a franchise that doesn't want to dish out a big money extension right away after one season will magically do it to Hogan in the same exact situation Brock Osweiler just went through? No.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Buffalo may already have a "great" QB. And they are hesitant to give him a big money extension. Luckily they can see another season play out before having to decide. So you think a franchise that doesn't want to dish out a big money extension right away after one season will magically do it to Hogan in the same exact situation Brock Osweiler just went through? No.

So don't draft a QB? Think I'll stay indoors today. Might get hit by lightning....

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Surprise, surprise... The LA Rams have been selected to participate in Hard Knocks this season. I'm quite alright without any extra attention or scrutiny on the Bills coaches or players.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
3-23: REX RYAN WITH JOHN MURPHY (15:04)
@buffalobills Head Coach Rex Ryan is on with @JohnMurphyShow

Rex on the Bills proposal of Expanding replay: "(The Bills) just want to propose that we all get the call right"

Rex Ryan says the #Bills proposal to expand replay use will "gain traction." It was voted down by owners this week

Rex on New S Blanton: "I was high on him because he possess man coverage skills and uses them in a variety of ways. Very competitive & smart

Rex on TE Dray: he's a big blocker and a capable receiver. He's familiar with Romans offense, which is not easy to learn"

Rex on Harvin: "When he's healthy, he can really help us. If he comes back, I would be absolutely happy to have him back"

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Hogan is one of those QBs who I'm confident has the intelligence for the position, pocket awareness, and wouldn't totally blow games for you. But, he can't make all the throws. At best, he's a limited journeyman starting QB, but there's value in having a backup like him.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Brady is one of those QBs who I'm confident has the intelligence for the position, pocket awareness, and wouldn't totally blow games for you. But, he can't make all the throws. At best, he's a limited journeyman starting QB, but there's value in having a backup like him.

There, fixed it for you. NFL circa 2001.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
All Cleveland Browns football moves are like dog farts. Stinky if you follow them; Inconsequential if you don't.

That said, I agree that logically, it's a good move for both RGIII and Cleveland. But I really don't care.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Sports radio here in Denver is convinced the Broncos are set at QB with Sanchez/Siemian, and are glad the Broncos passed on RGIII. It's bearable for the most part, but sometimes sports radio here is as cringeworthy as WGR football talk. Still wish WGR would find better hosts than Schopp and the Bulldog, who are straight up rude at times.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
So apparently the NFL re-aligned while no one was watching and the Bills are in the NFC now. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Screenshot for posterity, since that tweet will probably be deleted sooner or later:

alii0qQ.png

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Great. If the Bills are in the NFC now does that mean the kicker has to play every down or something?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
A new stadium? Where? Are there really that many options out there? I think there's skepticism out there because its not like the owner is the youngest even if 60 some isn't old but its not like he has 30-40 years or so left at life. I'm guessing when he gets older he sells or holds on to it like Ralph and then we go through the process again. I just don't think there are many people out there who are going to buy to stay and not wanna relocate elsewhere so I can see why a stadium isn't being rushed to being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad