OT: Bills Season - Part IX: 8-8 - Next: Draft and Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
At this point if we don't draft Hogan (unless a team grabs him high) I will be very surprised. All the signs have pointed his way for months
They have also been showing quite a bit of interest in Penn State's Christian Hackenberg. OC Greg Roman and QB Coach David Lee were both at his Pro Day yesterday.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Nononono please don't. He's a classic case of a guy who's been given every opportunity and benefit of the doubt, and just doesn't have the mind to play QB.

I think almost literally every football fan agrees on that. I'm sure there's one or two holdouts that want to seem smarter than everyone else though.

DON'T DO IT DOUG.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Kevin Hogan is a good fit for Buffalo, and checks all my blocks at the college level that indicate potential pro success: high completion percentage, won a lot of games, played to his senior year, played in a pro offense. His release is elongated. Put him on the Aaron Rodgers program. Sit him 2-3 years behind Taylor, let him learn the game an fix his release. He could be a gem in a few years.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Hackenburg reminds me of Losman. Tons of talent, but never had success in college. The argument being 'was never surrounded by enough talent to succeed.'

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Hackenburg reminds me of Losman. Tons of talent, but never had success in college. The argument being 'was never surrounded by enough talent to succeed.'

His best year was as a Freshman under The Houston Texans' Coach O'Brien. After O'Brien left it was nothing but regression for Sackenberg.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think almost literally every football fan agrees on that. I'm sure there's one or two holdouts that want to seem smarter than everyone else though.

DON'T DO IT DOUG.

It would he so Buffalo to take him. He kind of reminds me of Flacco. Arm strength but not exactly accurate. I never understood the hype though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I don't mind Hogan but he does run with the ball a bit much for my personal taste. He had a great running game with little McCaffery there. He played a lot of big games and did well but who knows what that all really means in translation though.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don't mind Hogan but he does run with the ball a bit much for my personal taste. He had a great running game with little McCaffery there. He played a lot of big games and did well but who knows what that all really means in translation though.

He played in the closest thing in college to a real NFL offense. I think he's way ahead mentally.

He'll fix the wind-up. 2-3 years sitting behind a solid starter, and he'll put it together.

Best thing Whaley can do is secure the future of the QB position. Keep Taylor, sign a competent #2, and draft Hogan. Let Hogan develop properly (the old way).

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Who the hell is stupid enough to think Greg Little could make a big impact on offense...:cry:

Just use Dez Lewis over that scrub. Or take a receiver in one of the first 3 rounds, I'm sure it would be a better investment.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Wait so Harvin returning is a good thing?

I don't see how it could be construed as a bad thing given the overall lack of talent at that position right now.

He's certainly injury-prone. Hell, he's worse than injury-prone. But he seemed to fit in nicely when he was on the field last year and is an upgrade when he's playing.

If there aren't any other affordable options available right now and they don't want to take a WR high in the draft...why not?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Drafting Hogsn and sitting him for 3 years would be another Tyrod type situation but even worse if he ended up performing good but not great. He would be 27 years old, have only one season of experience and even worse then what we are experiencing with Tyrod, he would be an immediate UFA since he would be a non 1st round pick. Drafting him, sitting him for 3 years and then giving him the reins means having to decide right after one year of playing if we should invest a hundred million dollars in him. Better off waiting until a quality QB is available with our first over the next 3 years and drafting him and playing him immediately.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Drafting Hogsn and sitting him for 3 years would be another Tyrod type situation but even worse if he ended up performing good but not great. He would be 27 years old, have only one season of experience and even worse then what we are experiencing with Tyrod, he would be an immediate UFA since he would be a non 1st round pick. Drafting him, sitting him for 3 years and then giving him the reins means having to decide right after one year of playing if we should invest a hundred million dollars in him. Better off waiting until a quality QB is available with our first over the next 3 years and drafting him and playing him immediately.

Buffalo's been waiting decades for a great QB. You don't want to draft Hogan because you're worried he sits for three years then leaves? Because Taylor will be healthy for the next 48 regular season games.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad