Buffalo Bills Bills Season - Part IV: 1-0, Next Game vs NE Sun 20th @1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Once again, why risk a quick-strike TD when you're up 24-0?

The only way the Colts get back in that game is if they score a couple of fast touchdowns. Rex's defense didn't allow that to happen.

Going into prevent also cut the amount of tape the Pats have to watch on the D in half since they're unlikely to play the prevent vs the Pats.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Going into prevent also cut the amount of tape the Pats have to watch on the D in half since they're unlikely to play the prevent vs the Pats.

Wouldn't really matter. Brady and B squared have seen Rex enough to know what's coming. Granted its Brady's worst collective stats vs any opponent anyway. So I'm not certain after just one game that they could see enough. Not enough action to get trends of all situations and what they will do for a specific one that arises. Now by matchup #2 maybe.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Would have to see the replay but if the ball was out that can't be a penalty. If that was the case bad call. Not that it mattered. The Eagles blew it anyway.

Kiko was covering a wide receiver upfield - he slightly grab the guys arm beyond five yards.
The fumble was by Ryan who was sacked on the play - it happened way after the Kiko grab the guys arm.
Kikos penalty wiped out the Eagles fumble recovery.

1-10-PHI 27 :)59) (Shotgun) 2-M.Ryan sacked at PHI 33 for -6 yards (91-F.Cox).
FUMBLES (91-F.Cox), RECOVERED by PHI-98-C.Barwin at PHI 33. 98-C.Barwin to PHI 37 for 4 yards.
PENALTY on PHI-50-K.Alonso, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 27 - No Play.

The penalty did matter - it gave the Falcons seven points that they shouldn't have had.
The Eagles also had the chance to go up field and score either three points or seven points in the final minute of the first half.
(The fumble recovery was around the Eagles 40 so the Eagles only had to go 25 yards for a FG shot.)

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This 49ers Vikings game is bizarre.

One mistake after another by both teams.

It's really quite entertaining.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
This 49ers Vikings game is bizarre.

One mistake after another by both teams.

It's really quite entertaining.
"No, please! You take this game!"
"I couldn't possibly, I insist you have it!"

Aside: that's like most Bills-Browns games the lat few years :laugh:

Hyde finally puts points on the board, on a busted play, of course.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Kiko was covering a wide receiver upfield - he slightly grab the guys arm beyond five yards.
The fumble was by Ryan who was sacked on the play - it happened way after the Kiko grab the guys arm.
Kikos penalty wiped out the Eagles fumble recovery.

1-10-PHI 27 :)59) (Shotgun) 2-M.Ryan sacked at PHI 33 for -6 yards (91-F.Cox).
FUMBLES (91-F.Cox), RECOVERED by PHI-98-C.Barwin at PHI 33. 98-C.Barwin to PHI 37 for 4 yards.
PENALTY on PHI-50-K.Alonso, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 27 - No Play.

The penalty did matter - it gave the Falcons seven points that they shouldn't have had.
The Eagles also had the chance to go up field and score either three points or seven points in the final minute of the first half.
(The fumble recovery was around the Eagles 40 so the Eagles only had to go 25 yards for a FG shot.)

Hindsight is 20-20 but the Eagles played terrible the first half. I think they ultimately did deserve the loss. Was certainly a tale of two half's to say the least I suppose for their offense. Don't think you're gunna win being so one dimensional though. They lost by 2 but the QB threw 52 passes. The first half they couldn't run the ball at all. The thing that got them back in it was that silly early pick in the 3rd so I guess it evens out a bit. Both games tonight had some sloppy mistakes for sure.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
9-15: DOUG WHALEY ON WGR (19:46)

@WGR550
Buffalo Bills GM Doug Whaley on WGR NOW

Whaley: "His command of the huddle with everything that was expected of him, that was the most impressive thing to me"

Whaley on Stephon Gilmore: "He's gotten better and better each year Hopefully he will take the next step w/ this coaching staff to be elite"

Whaley on the run game: "Until Tyrod Taylor puts himself out there as a starting QB in this league, we're going to see 8 or 9 in the box"

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
Just signed up for NFL Game Pass (formerly known as Game Rewind). Thanks to season ticket perks. Looking forward to watching the film.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
9-15: AARON WILLIAMS TALKS ABOUT FACING GRONK ON WGR (10:44)

Aaron wants the responsibility of single covering Gronk and will lobby the coaching staff to do so. I can't imagine that they'll say yes.

I've seen stats that suggest the only way to even remotely slow down Gronk is to jam him hard at the line. With that in mind one idea might be to jam him with a linebacker, then have Williams pick him up. Might work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad