Buffalo Bills Bills Season - Part IV: 1-0, Next Game vs NE Sun 20th @1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
... and our defense is 1000x more competent than Pittsburgh's.

I think it will be a close game though. The X factor is Gronk to me.

My concern is Buffalo is so good in the middle that BB will try Blount on first downs and the Pats will be looking at a lot of second and 10, second an 9.

With three rookie OL in the middle Brady has got to get rid of it quick or the Bills will kill him.

Rex knows Brady with LaFell out has lost his best sideline threat- and Brady is not that accurate on those throws; Rex knows he can shut down Blount between the tackles pretty easy

Rex knows Brady isnt a deep thrower

Buffalo right now to me has top 5 defense and maybe the best. With health the Bills can win 10 or more and what hurts them is no cream puffs in the division right now as Miami looks strong and the Jets have a very good D and the offense could be ok.

I'd like to see Buffalo do well in both hockey and football in games not against Boston.

I saw Kelly/Thomas/Reed many times live. So good to see them get back. I had pictures of Perrault and Martin and Danny Gare as yute on the wall. Always thought the Gare-Luce-Ramsey line was right there with the all time checking lines in hockey.

regardless what happens I hope both our teams stay healthy becuase we are both good enough to not only get in the playoffs but go deep- especially if your QB is the real deal. If you guys had Brady I swear you'd go 19-0.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Bills Make Positive First Impression On Patriots Fan Eichel - By John Vogl - Buffalo News - Monday, September 14.

It's going to take more than one game for Jack Eichel to change his fan allegiances, but the Bills certainly made a positive first impression on the guy from Boston.
Eichel, a big backer of the New England Patriots, attended the Bills' 27-14 victory over Indianapolis on Sunday. It was his first time cheering for Buffalo in Ralph Wilson Stadium.
"It was a great atmosphere, a great game," Eichel said Monday in First Niagara Center. "I’d never been to a Bills game.
Obviously, the fans are great and the team looked good. It was a great experience."
The big test for the Bills and Eichel's alliance will come Sunday when the Pats invade the Ralph.
The PR-savvy Eichel wanted no part of picking a winner. "It should be a good game," he said.
"It was a good win for the Bills yesterday and a good win for the Pats on Thursday."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/...tive-first-impression-on-patriots-fan-eichel/

@SabresBuzz - Spoke briefly with Cody Franson. He attended @buffalobills game with the boys. "It was awesome. The crowd was crazy all day". Get used to it.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Listening to sports hub in boston. No credit to Bills for win, Colts choked.

Ooh, how are they describing the Pats win against an objectively bad Steelers team missing their RB and 2nd WR? I'm guessing it was a "total demolition" in Pats fans eyes.

I'm stoked to see what our D-line can do next week. Gronk is of course a worry but I can't imagine the Bills allowing Edelman the kind of space the Steelers did and the run game doesn't worry me with Marcel back (and hopefully Graham)

As much as I enjoyed the Colts game, I wont be able to sufficiently hype myself for the season until I see what the team can do against NE.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Just watched the game. Taylor was solid. I'm not sure he made a bad play other then that fumble in the 4th but he had the presence to pick it up and eat it and fight for another down instead of giving them a short field. That throw to Harvin was sick.

The D had a shaky start to the game and were somewhat bailed out by penalties. Once they settled in they were pretty good until for whatever reason they went prevent and stopped bringing the pressure.

The officiating itself really wasn't that good. A few penalties called even where we never got a number. Think McCoy kinda got screwed out of that TD.

It is one week but things seem promising. If Taylor can be like that every week they have a shot every week to be in games.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Living in Colt's country, the struggle is real. So many people discounting the way the Bill's D played today.

What they should be talking about is their D because it was awful. I think they'll be okay and win like 11 or 12 because their division is bad enough they'll go 6-0 but they aren't as big of a deal as made out to be. A playoff team but outside of a decent young QB and a couple of toys on offense they aren't collectively great. Good teams can beat them.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Just watched the game. Taylor was solid. I'm not sure he made a bad play other then that fumble in the 4th but he had the presence to pick it up and eat it and fight for another down instead of giving them a short field. That throw to Harvin was sick.

The D had a shaky start to the game and were somewhat bailed out by penalties. Once they settled in they were pretty good until for whatever reason they went prevent and stopped bringing the pressure.

The officiating itself really wasn't that good. A few penalties called even where we never got a number. Think McCoy kinda got screwed out of that TD.

It is one week but things seem promising. If Taylor can be like that every week they have a shot every week to be in games.

Genius coaching on Ryan's part. Why risk giving up a quick-strike TD when you're up big? It took Luck and co. 9 minutes to score after Buffalo's TD to open the second half.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
9-14: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (24:24)

@WGR550
"Credit the rookie, man ... great run by him." @EWood70 on Karlos Williams' big TD yesterday.

"We're not super fired up with our run blocking yesterday." @EWood70 says there's plenty for the OLine to clean up this week.

9-14:REX RYAN ON WGR (19:26)

@WGR550
Don't go anywhere! Head coach of the @buffalobills Rex Ryan coming right up with @Schopptalk & @Bulldogwgr!

Rex Ryan is on with us right now! Tune in!

"Man, they were unbelievable." - Rex opening up gushing about the @buffalobills fans yet again. Good work, everyone.

"I don't like 'em. Our fans don't like 'em." - Rex on the Pats.

"I don't care that he hates me, I just need him to make kicks." - Rex on his relationship with Dan Carpenter.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Genius coaching on Ryan's part. Why risk giving up a quick-strike TD when you're up big? It took Luck and co. 9 minutes to score after Buffalo's TD to open the second half.

Not a big fan of prevent it doesn't often work. It was a good thing they were up big I guess because outside of the pick later in the game they couldn't really stop them once they got up big in the 2nd half it seemed. If the pressure was working why not stick with it? They weren't beaten all day though there was that Gore play that could have been big if it wasn't overthrown.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Not a big fan of prevent it doesn't often work. It was a good thing they were up big I guess because outside of the pick later in the game they couldn't really stop them once they got up big in the 2nd half it seemed. If the pressure was working why not stick with it? They weren't beaten all day though there was that Gore play that could have been big if it wasn't overthrown.

That's the reason they went into the prevent defense.....

It was an excellent calculated decision to burn time. And it worked.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

Once again, why risk a quick-strike TD when you're up 24-0?

The only way the Colts get back in that game is if they score a couple of fast touchdowns. Rex's defense didn't allow that to happen.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Once again, why risk a quick-strike TD when you're up 24-0?

The only way the Colts get back in that game is if they score a couple of fast touchdowns. Rex's defense didn't allow that to happen.

Or....turnovers. Taylor had that fumble he got back but that could have been disastrous. There was more than one way technically.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That was a great pick but really a dumb throw on the part of Matt Ryan I thought. He did throw it high but if you watch the replay from the front angle facing the endzone White was open and could have just stayed to the right or gone to the left. He had a lot of pay dirt to work with. That being said one handed pick was awesome you don't see that very often.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@JonahJavad ‏- September 13 - Had to do a double take... Sabres GM Tim Murray just walked out of the Bills locker room. This really is Pegulaville.

@BillHoppeNHL - Patrick Kaleta on his determination - "When I shoot, I’m shooting to score. When I hit, I’m imagining it’s Tom Brady." #Sabres #Buffalo.

Kiki illegal contact penalty (he grab a Falcons WR) costs Eagles a fumble recovery late first half. Ryan pass to Jones for the TD on the next play - 20-3 Falcons.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
@JonahJavad ‏- September 13 - Had to do a double take... Sabres GM Tim Murray just walked out of the Bills locker room. This really is Pegulaville.

@BillHoppeNHL - Patrick Kaleta on his determination - "When I shoot, I’m shooting to score. When I hit, I’m imagining it’s Tom Brady." #Sabres #Buffalo.

Kiki illegal contact penalty (he grab a Falcons WR) costs Eagles a fumble recovery late first half. Ryan pass to Jones for the TD on the next play - 20-3 Falcons.

It's chintzy calls like that one that often make pro football unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad