Buffalo Bills Bills Season - Part IV: 1-0, Next Game vs NE Sun 20th @1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I'm excited for this team. Even though everything was vanilla, they showed how the games will be played.

After the Williams touchdown, time of possession was 14:41 to 2:something. That's how the Bills will win games this year.

I was disappointed the lower TEs didn't show more. With the Redskins losing Paul and Paulsen for the year, they're probably watching every teams TE's right now. If the TEs showed anything than trading one of them of them for depth elsewhere would have been nice.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
You'll win time of possession when your opponent runs no huddle. But, getting 1st downs and scoring on long possessions is good.

Taylor's performance was as good as I could hope for, so I'm positive after week one.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
EJ's fate was obvious the first day Rex came in. The only question is if they value having another RB, TE, special teams guy over 3rd QB EJ whose salary they're stuck paying either way.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I say the theme of this thread should be optimism from posters who, you know, are actual intelligent Bills fans.

I thought they looked good last night! :yo:

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Concerns from the game:

Ron Darby starting will be an issue. Ball skills were his concern at FSU, and they still are. He's like a less athletic McKelvin at this point. I think they have to consider switching positions with Corey Graham.

John Miller played well enough, but the other guard, eek. Richardson is not an NFL player, he's only acceptable in power run situations. And their OL depth... terrible. Kupper at C with his routinely awful snaps. It's hard to see this offense being successful at 'ground and pound'. Wood isn't optimal for this style, either. They better hope Incognito returns to his form from 3 years ago.

I think they proved Jordan Gay is not accurate enough to be a kicker, and finally cut him.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I think after the 3rd preseason game the coaching staff will definitively be able to pick who their starter is going to be. In the 4th preseason game teams barely play their starters, maybe 1-2 series but not much at all (if any), so hopefully after the 2nd or 3rd preseason games the staff knows who their #1 guy is.

Right now I'm leaning towards Cassel, I think he can be serviceable and will get the job done.

I'm definitely intrigued by tyrod taylor, but I just don't feel like he can read defenses from what I'm hearing (and what I've seen in the past, although a small sample size). I love his speed and his ability to make plays with his legs, but I wanna see him be able to stand in the pocket and strike ACCURATE throws and really be able to go through some progressions as well. I hope he does that during his start with the 1s not only in the game but all week at practice.

I don't see the other guy doing much of anything...he's been a bust since he entered college, let alone being picked in the first round of the nfl.

I gotta say I'm excited that our guard play looks like it might be significantly better than last year. With incognito and miller there I think it'll be a huge upgrade, I hope it also elevates the play of Eric Wood. We're definitely gonna need it with Suh in our division :/

I hope we see Woods as the #2 WR and Harvin as the #2A/#3 WR, heck I hope we even use him on reverses and also out of the backfield.
Woods is a beast at running routes and protecting the ball. He's got good speed, but I think he's a great option as the wide out opposite of Sammy. Harvin can be used in the slot, #2 WR when Woods needs a breather, out of the back field, Punt return, Kick return, etc...

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Rivers signs an extension. No point in discussing him now.

No point in discussing him? Are you kidding? He just did this:

Rivers.0.0.jpg

Well worth discussion.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Sounds like Tyrod had a very strong practice today. More and more I feel like he's going to be the guy.

EJ spending the whole practice with the 3rd team.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Sounds like Tyrod had a very strong practice today. More and more I feel like he's going to be the guy.

EJ spending the whole practice with the 3rd team.

The sooner EJ gets the axe, the better. And then we can bring in some washed up vet for the hell of it (ie Flynn) to see if we get surprised.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Rex Ryan: "Great Job Running Our Two-Minute Drill" (9:49)
HC Rex Ryan addresses the media, after Sunday morning's practice, to talk about practice intensity, the upcoming joint practices with the Browns, the two-minute drill, injury updates and more.

Camp Highlight: Cassel Long Touchdown to Watkins (0:26)
Watch as Matt Cassel finds wide receiver Sammy Watkins down the left side for a long touchdown.

Camp Highlight: MarQueis One Handed Catch (0:28)
Watch as tight end MarQueis Gray makes a nice one handed grab on a pass from EJ Manuel.

Camp Highlight: Sammy Watkins Nice Catch (0:28)
Watch as wide receiver Sammy Watkins makes a nice catch down the right side on a pass from Tyrod Taylor.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Mettenbergers been really impressuve. I wonder what it'd take to get him away from the titans seeing as they've already named Mariota starter..

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Mettenbergers been really impressuve. I wonder what it'd take to get him away from the titans seeing as they've already named Mariota starter..

Hard to gauge player-for-player value trades in the NFL. As far as draft picks go, maybe a 3rd or a 4th round pick. McKelvin could become an expendable asset if Darby improves (he has a ways to go) and pans out.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
If Tyrod does end up taking the job, we'll have a running QB behind a line which is much better at run blocking than it is at pass blocking. Maybe going to stay away from Bills receivers in my fantasy league this year (if I wasn't going to do that already)

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Concerns from the game:

Ron Darby starting will be an issue. Ball skills were his concern at FSU, and they still are. He's like a less athletic McKelvin at this point. I think they have to consider switching positions with Corey Graham.

John Miller played well enough, but the other guard, eek. Richardson is not an NFL player, he's only acceptable in power run situations. And their OL depth... terrible. Kupper at C with his routinely awful snaps. It's hard to see this offense being successful at 'ground and pound'. Wood isn't optimal for this style, either. They better hope Incognito returns to his form from 3 years ago.

I think they proved Jordan Gay is not accurate enough to be a kicker, and finally cut him.

I am amazed he made a 52 yard kick though after being nowhere near close on the 37 harder. Mind boggling. I don't think Carpenter will be great on kickoffs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad