Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

It's like 4 years $9.3 or something.

Aka less than Lee Smith.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Several football geniuses, including Urban Meyer (the best coach in the game) have called Percy Harvin the most talented football player they have ever been around.

Harvin is a ridiculous talent. He's not Goodwin at all that's just dumb.

Goodwin is also fast. Both are injury prone. Harvin hasn't done much in his career worth noting.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Someone needs to make an app or software that tells you whether or not an account is real or fake....it's getting ridiculous...

Look for the blue check Mark and check to see how many followers the person has.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Slow Newsday when a FB gets a press conference.

Anyway....Lee Smith is only known for his head butt. Guy was a horrendous blocker and receiver. Wasn't he constantly called for holding?

Karate Johnson*

You can draft the best FB in college football in the 6th round. There are like 10 left that still have jobs. You can get a good FB for virtually nothing.

Felton is the best. We will use a FB more than anyone.

College FB doesn't have any FB's left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
It should be rather obvious at this point that TE/Clay and FB/Felton were identified as critical components of Roman's diversified power run offense. Although maybe because they won't reflect as much in fantasy stats, it's not registering with some people. Or maybe a 6th round rookie is actually equivalent to a Pro Bowl veteran. Who knows!

Now about that offensive line...

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
It should be rather obvious at this point that TE/Clay and FB/Felton are critical components of Roman's diversified power run offense. Although maybe because they won't reflect in fantasy stats, it's not registering with some people.

LG is a HUGE

6e000ec02c7c93eef58146bcb1c63682.jpg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It should be rather obvious at this point that TE/Clay and FB/Felton are critical components of Roman's diversified power run offense. Although maybe because they won't reflect in fantasy stats, it's not registering with some people.

I'm beginning to think that Whaley and company are going to use the draft (specifically our 2nd rounder) to get that guard we need.

No idea who, but given there's no noise at all about us being in on a FA guard kind of tells me they're either going bargain hunting later (maybe Boling if he lasts a while?) or looking at the draft.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
i love the idea of adding Harivin...if he acts up, cut his ass, Pegula bucks dont care

the thought of surrounding even an avg QB with Sammie, Woods, Clay, McCoy..and Percy, Hogan, Freddie & Boobie with Felton layin some smack down is a wonderful thing.

even if youre just designing 5 or 6 plays a game for Harvin, thats gonna make a D think when he's out there...oh yeah, wheres Sammie...wheres McCoy...oh look there goes Clay or Hogan

surround the QB with talent and give him a chance vs dinking & dunking all day ala Hackett.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I'm beginning to think that Whaley and company are going to use the draft (specifically our 2nd rounder) to get that guard we need.

No idea who, but given there's no noise at all about us being in on a FA guard kind of tells me they're either going bargain hunting later (maybe Boling if he lasts a while?) or looking at the draft.

I have no doubt that OBD is closely monitoring the Jahri Evans situation with the Saints.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Felton is the best. We will use a FB more than anyone.

College FB doesn't have any FB's left.

The difference between the best and another guy in the league is nothing. Corey McIntyre did an outstanding job, yet nobody felt the need to pay him.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site

Agreed. I'm thinking the 2nd and 3rd rounders go toward OL/DB. But since they missed out on Iupati and Bulaga, and also inquired about Revis, it seems they have plenty more money to spend. There are still a few decent OLs on the market.

Karate Johnson*

The difference between the best and another guy in the league is nothing. Corey McIntyre did an outstanding job, yet nobody felt the need to pay him.

Would you have rather kept Frank Summers?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Agreed. I'm thinking the 2nd and 3rd rounders go toward OL/DB. But since they missed out on Iupati and Bulaga, and also inquired about Revis, it seems they have plenty more money to spend. There are still a few decent OLs on the market.

Well, if we offer sheet Clay, that's going to take us out of the FA bidding essentially until the Dolphins decide whether or not to match.

Unless we get a cheap guy (like Evans mentioned above)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It should be rather obvious at this point that TE/Clay and FB/Felton were identified as critical components of Roman's diversified power run offense. Although maybe because they won't reflect as much in fantasy stats, it's not registering with some people. Or maybe a 6th round rookie is actually equivalent to a Pro Bowl veteran. Who knows!

Not that it necessarily makes me feel better about the line as is, it's worth noting that upgrading FB/H-Back/TE helps in areas overlapping with potential line upgrades. It improves our ability to run quite a lot and also helps a bit in pass protection (I'd rather have Clay chipping a DE for sure). Again, that doesn't make me feel better about the line but it does help further the same objectives. Even some fairly marginal improvements to the line should see us able to do certain things much more effectively than last year.

There's no doubt they made their best effort to nab Iupati. It didn't work out. Being that we've already made one solid addition in Icognito, it's not a completely lost cause. We're looking at pretty modest additions, but the guard position is one where you can often find solid players, so I'm optimistic that between what's left and the draft, they can upgrade the line. Not sure how adequately RT will be addressed though. I agree that it seems OL will be an early focus in the draft. I'd expect a safety taken somewhere in the middle.

Karate Johnson*

Iuapati was intent on staying on the West Coast, not that we even targeted him which I don't think we did. The Jets offered to make him the highest paid guard in the NFL but he wanted to stay out west.

Bulaga and Boling stayed at thier teams. Nothing you can do about that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
what is term, $, and cap hit?

i don't know much about felton, (i know a little bit more about clay from miami).

But as to the "that's a lot of money for a fb" debate...

If you're going to be a rex ryan / greg roman running team...
And you have a crappy o-line
and still have talent and depth uncertainties on the o-line,
and you don't have a quick-read-capable qb to get out of trouble on passing downs,
and your back-up qb may not be mobile if his foot doesn't heal right,
and you don't know if you can get a more athletic te/h-back signed (clay),
and you don't know if fred will hold together for the full season,
then why not spend the money to assure yourselves of having the particular fb talent you want?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not that it necessarily makes me feel better about the line as is, it's worth noting that upgrading FB/H-Back/TE helps in areas overlapping with potential line upgrades. It improves our ability to run quite a lot and also helps in a bit pass protection (I'd rather have Clay chipping a DE for sure). Again, that doesn't make me feel better about the line but it does help further the same objectives. Even some fairly marginal improvements to the line should see us able to do certain things much more effectively than last year.

There's no doubt they made their best effort to nab Iupati. It didn't work out. Being that we've already made one solid addition in Icognito, it's not a completely lost cause. We're looking at pretty modest additions, but the guard position is one where you can often find solid players, so I'm optimistic that between what's left and the draft, they can upgrade the line. Not sure how adequately RT will be addressed though. I agree that it seems OL will be an early focus in the draft. I'd expect a safety taken somewhere in the middle.

This was my point as well, and a nuance apparently lost on some. Upgrade talent at FB / H-back / TE in FA now, such that you reduce risk / need to hit the O-line prize in the draft later. Fail to upgrade, and your strategy relies so much more on that 2nd round O-line draft choice contributing in a bigger way.

Manage your plan by managing your risk.

I'm less familiar with Roman's system than others who post here. Do the guards need to pull a lot relative to typical NFL offense? Should BUF be seeking traditional guards / tackles, or players who are clearly fungible and experienced at multiple line positions?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
And RT.

Part of me is more comfortable with the idea of Chris Williams starting at guard than Henderson starting at RT.

Ideal world we sign one and draft the other in round 2. We'll see

I'm actually just the opposite on this. Henderson is very athletic and has upside to improve. Chris Williams isn't very good when healthy and he'll be coming off a back injury that shelved him for most of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad