Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason Part I 2016 - Next: Minicamps and OTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Holy overreaction. You guys realize he's gonna be here more than one year, right?

Except we're talking about the win-now NFL and when Ryan and Whaley don't make the postseason again there's a strong chance they're both fired in January. Another wasted first round pick. Whaley's comment about Lawson "getting off the bus and starting" was always silly. Now it's embarrassing.

A fun debate would be which is worse: overdrafting a scrub QB on need in the first round who predictably flops on cue; trading away your first round pick for an injury-prone skill player who hasn't panned out; or drafting an injured player in the first round, declaring him a starter, and then being reminded he's injured and will miss the majority of the season

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Except we're talking about the win-now NFL and when Ryan and Whaley don't make the postseason again there's a strong chance they're both fired in January. Another wasted first round pick. Whaley's comment about Lawson "getting off the bus and starting" was always silly. Now it's embarrassing.

...it never was silly, and it's not embarrassing now.

"Another wasted first round pick." Get a grip.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

A fun debate would be which is worse: overdrafting a scrub QB on need in the first round who predictably flops on cue; trading away your first round pick for an injury-prone skill player who hasn't panned out; or drafting an injured player in the first round, declaring him a starter, and then being reminded he's injured and will miss the majority of the season
All of those pale in comparison to past Bills draft flops. "Big Mike" Williams at #4 overall. If you want to go back longer, Walt Patulski as Rd1 #1OA in 1972... The Buffalo sky has fallen many times before...

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Except we're talking about the win-now NFL and when Ryan and Whaley don't make the postseason again there's a strong chance they're both fired in January. Another wasted first round pick.

Rex and Whaley's seats aren't even lukewarm. Shaq is going to miss a few games in his rookie year -- yes, what a complete "waste."

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

LOL. The Bills sell that same story every year.

They've been talking about making the playoffs for 16 years now. At this point, I'll believe it when it actually happens.

I'd suggest to the Bills at this point that talk is cheap. We've heard plenty of big talk from players and coaches throughout the Drought. Big Promises. Guarantees, even. All of them proven to be worth diddly.

At this point, I would be grateful if they saved their breath and their worthless talk. Don't talk about it. DO IT. Don't talk about it. SHOW US.

And until they do - until they are finally taking the field for a postseason game someday - I would appreciate if they would kindly shut the heck up about the playoffs. Just put your head down and do your job. Enough talk.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

They've been talking about making the playoffs for 16 years now. At this point, I'll believe it when it actually happens.

I'd suggest to the Bills at this point that talk is cheap. We've heard plenty of big talk from players and coaches throughout the Drought. Big Promises. Guarantees, even. All of them proven to be worth diddly.

At this point, I would be grateful if they saved their breath and their worthless talk. Don't talk about it. DO IT. Don't talk about it. SHOW US.

And until they do - until they are finally taking the field for a postseason game someday - I would appreciate if they would kindly shut the heck up about the playoffs. Just put your head down and do your job. Enough talk.

The problem with that is...Rex is all about talk.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

It's not from the Bills. Instead it's an interview with KC Joyner from ESPN who wrote a piece on sleeper Super Bowl contenders where he picked the Bills as one of two teams.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
It's not from the Bills. Instead it's an interview with KC Joyner from ESPN who wrote a piece on sleeper Super Bowl contenders where he picked the Bills as one of two teams.

The Bills posted it to social media with an affirmative remark. Which is essentially the same thing as the Bills saying it themselves.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The Bills posted it to social media with an affirmative remark. Which is essentially the same thing as the Bills saying it themselves.

Yeah...I'm not going to hold it against the Bills that they are promoting good things about the team said by someone else.

I mean, what would you rather they do, say "This team sucks spend your money elsewhere"???

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Yeah...I'm not going to hold it against the Bills that they are promoting good things about the team said by someone else.

I mean, what would you rather they do, say "This team sucks spend your money elsewhere"???

I'd rather they demonstrated even a tiny iota of understanding that "actions speak louder than words." Which is a concept that seems to have been completely foreign to them over the past 16 years.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

If he plays here for 10 years, we make the playoffs 6 out of those 10 years, and he is a 3-time pro-bowler, is it a wasted pick?

You don't know what his future holds. Missing a few games doesn't constitute waste.

And since when is 5/16 games a majority of the season?

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
If he plays here for 10 years, we make the playoffs 6 out of those 10 years, and he is a 3-time pro-bowler, is it a wasted pick?

You don't know what his future holds. Missing a few games doesn't constitute waste.

And since when is 5/16 games a majority of the season?

Since it fits his argument?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Carucci calling the Lawson situation a major embarrassment for Whaley/Ryan/Bills. You gotta appreciate his honesty and accuracy. And Skurski plays the card that Archer would rather not play football at all than play in Buffalo. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad