Bills off-season part 5: Draft GDT

What position do you want the Bills to draft first round? (pick 2)

• WR/TE

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • RB

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • OL

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • DL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LB

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • CB

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • S

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Kind of glad Carolina refused. CMC is a heck of a weapon when he’s healthy. He’s a game changer. But he’s just not healthy often enough and his cap hit is too high.

Cook is a lot cheaper, younger and hopefully healthier.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

Kind of glad Carolina refused. CMC is a heck of a weapon when he’s healthy. He’s a game changer. But he’s just not healthy often enough and his cap hit is too high.

Cook is a lot cheaper, younger and hopefully healthier.

Can't agree more. Frankly, I'm disappointed we even kicked the tires around on him.

Maybe it's just because I live here and have to hear about his injuries first-hand every fall but that guy is perpetually dealing with nagging problems now. With RBs, you don't just overcome that.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
The Bills social media team is amazing.
It had the feel of a ‘Tim and Eric’ production. The only thing that would’ve made it better is if Dr Steve Brule made a cameo while chugging some sweet berry wine.

It was so weird that I found it charm… nah, it was just weird and I f***ing enjoyed it.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Can't agree more. Frankly, I'm disappointed we even kicked the tires around on him.

Maybe it's just because I live here and have to hear about his injuries first-hand every fall but that guy is perpetually dealing with nagging problems now. With RBs, you don't just overcome that.
Saw an interesting thread from one of the prominent fantasy guys (I think Pianowski?) earlier today that posited that running backs could start hitting the wall and completely falling off by their age 27 or even age 26 season, depending on usage and injury history, and he noted that a lot of the marquee names at the position right now, like Chubb, CMC, Kamara, Cook, Zeke, Jones, Henry, and Ekeler are all around those ages. He also looked at the production of guys who were the #1 RB in fantasy in one year and then compared it to their next couple of seasons and it wasn't pretty for most of them. IIRC he reviewed David Johnson, Gurley, CMC, and a few others. To me, there's almost no point in ever giving a RB a second contract. The production is just so replaceable.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Saw an interesting thread from one of the prominent fantasy guys (I think Pianowski?) earlier today that posited that running backs could start hitting the wall and completely falling off by their age 27 or even age 26 season, depending on usage and injury history, and he noted that a lot of the marquee names at the position right now, like Chubb, CMC, Kamara, Cook, Zeke, Jones, Henry, and Ekeler are all around those ages. He also looked at the production of guys who were the #1 RB in fantasy in one year and then compared it to their next couple of seasons and it wasn't pretty for most of them. IIRC he reviewed David Johnson, Gurley, CMC, and a few others. To me, there's almost no point in ever giving a RB a second contract. The production is just so replaceable.
Which makes Frank Gore's career even more impressive.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I've thought for a few years now that if I were a GM, I'd never give an RB a second contract.

Reactions: Husko

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I've thought for a few years now that if I were a GM, I'd never give an RB a second contract.
Depends on the price to be honest.

There's a big difference between paying a top guy 10m/per for 5 years & paying a middle of the road guy 3m/per for 2 years.

Nobody was complaining about the proposed McKissic contract as an example.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Detailed explanation of Tre White injury

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Buffalo Bills: Ken Dorsey

What lessons will Dorsey learn from Brian Daboll’s time in Buffalo?

Last season, the Bills utilized four-wide receiver sets at the NFL’s third-most frequent rate and five-wide receiver sets more often than any other team. This got Buffalo’s playmakers in space and let Josh Allen use his own legs as a de facto checkdown option.

But that spread-heavy approach also led to schematic limitations as defenses adapted to the way the Bills wanted to play, daring Allen to dink and dunk and not giving the Bills run game a second thought. Toward the end of the 2021 season, however, the Bills started tightening their formations and bringing TE/FB Reggie Gilliam onto the field more often. Gilliam saw one total offensive snap in a Week 14 loss to the Buccaneers but averaged 17 offensive snaps in the Bills final four games, including the playoffs. This changed the formations the Bills used to attack defenses and thus opened up the entire offense.

The Bills are going to remain a pass-first team with Dorsey moving from quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator to offensive coordinator. With Allen at quarterback, there’s little reason not to be. But finding some balance in personnel and playcalling will help the consistency of the entire offense, make Allen not have to play like Superman every snap and limit some of the frustrating sequences that this offense faced in 2021.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

Not sure if that was posted. Probably means nothing tho

1) Who is this from even?
2) They played together in LA
3) Even if they didn’t them sitting together mean little to nothing
4) I insanely doubt we could afford him
5) He doesn’t seem like a personality fit for McDermott and Beane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad