Bills off-season part 5: Draft GDT

What position do you want the Bills to draft first round? (pick 2)

• WR/TE

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • RB

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • OL

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • DL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LB

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • CB

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • S

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I would prefer not to hear from Brady ever again. Why does anyone think we turn into these games to listen to these people yack? I don't see how $37 million/yr could have a good return on investment.
Possible responses:
A. Agreed. Hope the Bills win a Super Bowl before then, so I can stop watching football.
B. Clearly a "claw-back" way for Patriots/Kraft/NFL/Fox to make up for all the "team-friendly" deals Brady signed while in Boston. Akin to former USA generals, admirals, etc. trading in their stars for plum positions with Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Northrup Grumman, etc.
C. I'll talk for $370,000 a year.
D. I will yack hearing Tom Brady yack.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I don't think we have anyone else left from the pre-McD era? Not really mad about this, but definitely a tad bit sad to see him go. Not because we need him or anything, but man- he was a trooper on this squad since day one. One of my favorite to play on our team during the drought era.
I could see us trading for him if we look good and have an injury or two

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
*edit*
New as of Thursday AM potential games

Week 1 @ Rams TNF
Week 2 vs Titans MNF
Week 6 @ Chiefs
Week 7 or 8 vs GB may be SNF
Week 10 vs Vikings
Week 11 vs Browns
Week 12 @ Lions Thanksgiving 12:30
Week 16 @ Bears Christmas eve
Week 17 @ Bengals MNF
Week 18 vs Jets (supposedly Dolphins vs Pats so Bills would play Jets and Jets at home because I don't believe they will play three road games to close the season) If Mia vs NE is incorrect then it could be any of the three but I think the Bills will be at home.

possible schedule to be taken with a grain of salt

Preseason 1: IND 2: DEN 3: @ CAR
Regular Season
1: @ LAR TNF
2: TEN MNF
3: @ MIA
4: @ BAL
5: PIT
6: @ KC 4:25
7: BYE
8: GB SNF
9: @ NYJ
10: MIN
11: CLE
12: @ DET Thanksgiving
13: @ NE TNF
14: NYJ
15: MIA one of a few games where up to three of them will be played on saturday
16: @ CHI
17: @ CIN MNF
18: NE

Last edited:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Apparently we're playing the Ravens in Baltimore as the late Thanksgiving Day game.
I’ve been seeing this a lot making the rounds this evening. I haven’t seen it from any source I’d trust/call verified, but it has been a couple hours since I looked anywhere but here. However, I can see the draw of that game to the NFL if it is true.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
This was a Bills/Ravens tweet however although it was from a verified account I was still skeptical so it was going to be deleted then someone else mentioned the potential matchup below so I added the potential Bills/Chiefs information.

Also potentially Bills @ Chiefs 4:25pm Week 8 CBS protected game that cannot be flexed

And I will add the tweet below. If true, I still think Bills @ Bengals the following Thursday is possible. Given recent history it is likely two of the Thanksgiving teams faceoff the following Thursday.
Cowboys play Lions
Ravens play Dolphins and Bengals
Dolphins play Bills, Ravens and Bengals
Bengals play Bills, Ravens and Dolphins

Bills @ Bengals and Ravens/Bengals would be the two likely matchups to play the following Thursday if the NFL continues their recent tradition

This site has already released a leak that has been proven wrong by the scant information the league has actually given out, so take with a HUUUGE grain of salt.

The only thing we know for sure right now is Tennessee @ Buffalo week 2 Monday night. Even the Bills @ Rams rumor that was claimed as fact by the Rams SB nation is based on speculation by the Buffalo Rumblings site - who even admits in their article that the Bills are merely "the likeliest" opponent. They get there by eliminating the 49ers and Cardinals as opponents due to being division rivals, but non-conference, non-SB rematch opponents have been exactly as rare as divisional opponents since the time the NFL started the kickoff game with the SB champs hosting.

Reactions: yahhockey

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'll also add that people guessing the Lions Thanksgiving game are playing easy mode: there's exactly three options since the NFL confirmed they are going back to always having Dallas/Detroit rotate between AFC and NFC teams on a yearly basis. That leaves possible opponents for Detroit as either Buffalo, Miami, or Jacksonville. Jacksonville is already headed to Europe for a marquee game, and furthermore, they stink, so realistically odds are Detroit will either host Buffalo or Miami.

Given that, I'd actually be very surprised if Buffalo gets skipped for the afternoon game against Detroit but added to the night time schedule, particularly since they played the night game literally last year. Playing the night game on the road for two consecutive seasons seems even less likely. My hunch is Miami will play Detroit on Thanksgiving, and Buffalo will play on Sunday or Monday, but we'll have to see.

As to the Rams opening day opponent, I'm leaning towards the following odds:
49ers - 40%
Bills - 30%
Cardinals - 25%
Raiders - 5%

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So question for season ticket holders:

How difficult is it to sell off the games you don't want? Is there an integrated selling portal where it makes it easy?

I'm debating getting seasons with my dad even though I might only make it to a game or two to get the playoff tickets. Just wanting to see what the potential downside is?

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

How difficult is it to sell off the games you don't want? Is there an integrated selling portal where it makes it easy?

I'm debating getting seasons with my dad even though I might only make it to a game or two to get the playoff tickets. Just wanting to see what the potential downside is?
I only have seasons through my company so I can’t help you from experience selling them, but I did talk to my Bills sales rep about adding more seats and they said they were booked for 2022.

You may have to start planning for the 2023 season.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I only have seasons through my company so I can’t help you from experience selling them, but I did talk to my Bills sales rep about adding more seats and they said they were booked for 2022.

You may have to start planning for the 2023 season.
They just posted on Facebook yesterday that they still have some availability for this season. Lots of people were commenting that they wished they would expand the availability outside of the “home market” because they were willing to drive in but the seasons that were left had to live in the home market.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Green Bay wanted our 3rd to move up. Wonder if we would of taken McDuffie over Elam ?

Bernard sure looks more like hybrid/safety for me.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
They just posted on Facebook yesterday that they still have some availability for this season. Lots of people were commenting that they wished they would expand the availability outside of the “home market” because they were willing to drive in but the seasons that were left had to live in the home market.

Ah yeah I saw the note about seasons being available too. That’s a shame.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

I have a friend who did this with the same plan as you. He ended up not missing a game and logging a ton of travel. But he told me it would have been easy to sell tickets he just didn't feel like it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Very difficult, but last year was a weird year with COVID, the border being closed, and thevaxx mandate. I had to sell tickets for almost half their value for some of the games. Things should be more lax this year, so it should be easier to sell. I only had them last year, though, so I cant comment on how well they sell during a normal year.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Thanks. Weird that they would turn me down and then open a bunch up later on. Maybe something changed.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
A) I question how legal a restriction like that truly is, if properly challenged, although I acknowledge that the "interstate commerce clause" Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 in the U.S. Constitution has been interpreted to apply to the regulation of sports and entertainment.
B) I understand at least a couple reasons why that restriction by the Bills (or for other / all NFL teams) may exist.
C) Since the home game sellout / TV blackout rule was amended several years ago is the above still relevant? (did it exist before the blackout rule change?)
D) I don't see any reason an intermediary (family member or friend, etc.) couldn't purchase the season tickets, with any/all money or other financial obligations covered by the out-of-towner, even if that arrangement was codified in a legal contract. I'm sure numerous other business transactions are set up that way.
I have a friend who did this with the same plan as you. He ended up not missing a game and logging a ton of travel. But he told me it would have been easy to sell tickets he just didn't feel like it.
Yeah, I don't think purchasing seasons for this year carries excessive financial risk for the purchaser. The price discount for seasons likely covers the loss on at least two of the home games (if you don't attend in person and can't offload them). Someone else can verify.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I am shocked there hasn't been a credible leak of the Bills' schedule
Apparently that CJ Caggiano guy hit on a handful of games last year, and has leaked Bills @ Rams opener, Bills @ Lions Thanksgiving, Bills @ Bengals SNF week 17, and Bills @ Bears week 16.

But still grain of salt. If he gets the Bengals and Bears games right he'll be someone to remember for next year as someone who actually has some kind of source.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Again, grain of salt, but this is from reddit:

1652386374478.png

That's a brutal first 7 games if true.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Again, grain of salt, but this is from reddit:

View attachment 545217

That's a brutal first 7 games if true.
Okay with this. This schedule seems to be gaining traction out there. The Bills have a lot of difficult opponents so we knew there were going to be tough stretches of the schedule somewhere in there.

Love opening the year against the Rams. First off, we aren't ever guaranteed to be part of these games without winning a Super Bowl, and I will take it as an honor to have the team get that much media attention. Secondly, we get extra long recovery from the cross country travel.

Personally, I like another Thanksgiving Day game too. I wouldn't like them every year, but you never know when your next opportunity for them is going to arrive. It is also followed by the Thursday nighter which would make sense.

I don't like the late season MNF game, however. As a likely playoff team, you would theoretically want the most rest between games those weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad