Bills off-season part 5: Draft GDT

What position do you want the Bills to draft first round? (pick 2)

• WR/TE

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • RB

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • OL

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • DL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LB

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • CB

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • S

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Continued from here.

Youtube: Free Live Draft Coverage from The Athletic

Draft Tools

Dane Brugler's Top 300 (Athletic subscription required)

NFL.com Prospect Database (Scouting reports by Lance Zierlein)

PFF Mock Draft Simulator

2022 HF Bills Big Board

Round 1
1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%) - Bills pick #23
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
30. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (66.7%)
31. Jalen Pitre, S, Purdue (50%)
32. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (100%)

Round 2
33. Bernhard Raimann, OL, Central Michigan (11 points) [3FP]
34. Travis Jones, DL, UConn (7 points) [1FP]
35. David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan (6 points) [1FP]
36. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia (5 points)
37. Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming (8 points) [1FP]
37. Sky Moore, WR, Western Michigan: 8 points [1FP]
39. Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa (7 points) [1FP]
39. Christian Harris, LB, Alabama (6 points) [1FP]
41. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St. (10 points) [2FP]
41. Tariq Woolln, CB, UTSA (10 points) [3FP]
43. Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan (8 points) [2FP]
44. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State (6 points)
45. George Pickens, WR, Georgia (8 points) [2FP]
46. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia (6 points) [1FP]
47. Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga (9 points) [2FP]
48. Dylan Parham, IOL, Memphis (8 points) [1FP]
49. Cam Jurgens, C, Nebraska (7 points) [1FP]
50. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State (6 points) [2FP]
50. Calvin Austin lll, WR, Memphis: 6 points [1FP]
52. Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State (16 points) [3FP]
53. Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin (13 points) [3FP]
54. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama (7 points) [1FP]
54. James Cook, RB, Georgia (7 points) [1FP]
56. Christian Watson, WR, ND State (12 points) [4FP]
57. John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (5 points)
58. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St. (4 points)
59. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA (3 points) [1FP]
60. Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesotta (10 points) [2FP]
60. Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee (10 points) [2FP]
62. Jelani Wood, TE, Virginia (8 points) [2FP]
63. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama: (5 points)
63. Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (5 points)
63. Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State: (5 points)

Best of the Rest
66. Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska (21 points) [6FP]
67. Marcus Jones, CB, Houston (12 points) [1FP]
68. Rachaad White, RB, Arizona State (11 points) [1FP]
69. Tyler Goodson, RB, Iowa (8 points) [1FP]
70. Matt Corral QB Ole Miss (2 points)

Bills Picks

23. KAIIR ELAM | CB | Florida 6014 | 191 lbs. | JR. Riviera Beach, Fla. (Benjamin) 5/5/2001 (age 20.98)
STRENGTHS: Big athlete with an ideal build for the position ... smooth strider and controlled in his turn and run to carry speed vertically ... keeps his upper and lower bodies synchronized ... has the play strength to reroute receivers at the line of scrimmage ... above-average ball skills and aggressively plays through the hands of receivers ... much more comfortable when he keeps things in front of him as opposed to playing with his back to the ball ... eager run defender and flies downhill to make open-field stops on screens ... selected by the coaches to represent Florida at the SEC Leadership Council in 2021 (former head coach Dan Mullen: “He’s been a high-character, hard-working guy from the day he got here.”) ... grew up with an NFL player for a father and will be prepared for professional life.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks quick twitch in his transitions ... adequate speed to stay on top of routes but doesn’t always play as fast as he timed ... needs to be more controlled with his jam to connect and not surrender inside position ... doesn’t always trust play indicators and his processing must improve ... his catch-point timing must improve ... committed seven penalties in 10 games in 2021, including four defensive holding calls and two pass-interference penalties ... throws his shoulder around in the run game, but needs to be a better wrap-up tackler to consistently finish guys to the ground ... missed three games as a junior with a sprained right knee (September 2021) ... his interception numbers decreased each season.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Florida, Elam lined up at left cornerback in former defensive coordinator Todd Grantham’s zone and man scheme, occasionally seeing snaps inside against the slot. One of the highest-ranked recruits out of high school, he put his name on the NFL radar with an impressive freshman year, although he struggled to match that hype during his next two seasons in Gainesville. Elam checks boxes for size, strength, physicality and athleticism, mixing it up with receivers and crowding the catch point downfield. He will surrender spacing on stop and comeback routes, which can be masked by coaching and scheme, but slight stiffness in his mirror and transitions will always be there. Overall, Elam needs to tidy up his timing and processing issues, but he is a good-sized athlete with natural cover talent and NFL-ready intangibles. With his physicality for press-man, he compares favorably to Tampa Bay’s Carlton Davis when he was coming out of Auburn.

63. JAMES COOK | Georgia 5110 | 199 lbs. | SR. Miami, Fla. (Central) 9/25/1999 (age 22.59)

STRENGTHS: Energetic feet in space ... displays the lower body agility to sidestep tacklers and create his own yardage ... shows patience at the line of scrimmage with a feel for lane development ... varies his pace to navigate ... flies through the crease to create conflict for linebackers and safeties ... deceiving lower body strength to squirm out of the grasp ... natural pass-catching traits, and comfortable snaring throws away from his frame (one drop on 74 career targets) ... natural tracking skills downfield ... dangerous on swing screens, and has an expanded route-running inventory for a running back ... only two career fumbles in college ... impressive yards per carry (6.5) and yards per catch (10.9) career averages.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal build and size for NFL work ... mediocre contact balance ... runs tough, but doesn’t power through arm tackles consistently and often goes backward at contact ... inconsistent open-field moves ... needs to show better second-level vision ... runs out of gas downfield and can be caught from behind ... bad habit of taking too many steps while waiting for holes to open ... must refine his hand and anchor technique in pass protection to take on NFL rushers ... needs to bet quicker with his ID skills as a pass blocker ... off field requires vetting: arrested and charged with driving with an open container and an invalid driver’s license (December 2019) ... lack of size leads to durability concerns; missed one game as a junior because of a shoulder injury (October 2020).

SUMMARY: A part-time starter at Georgia, Cook shared the running back duties with Zamir White in offensive coordinator Todd Monken’s scheme. He averaged better than 6.1 yards per carry in each of his four seasons in Athens, and his role expanded as a senior, leading the team in all-purpose yards per game (67.5) and in rushing five times. Cook has shifty feet to make controlled cuts against the grain and instinctively navigate holes at the line of scrimmage. Although he will be limited as an inside runner, he has legitimate versatility to flex out wide and run routes as a pass catcher. Overall, Cook doesn’t have the contact balance or build of a full- time ball carrier like his older brother, but he can be a dynamic, versatile threat with his pass-catching skills and balanced athleticism to gravitate toward space.

89. TERREL BERNARD | LB | Baylor 6007 | 224 lbs. | rSR. La Porte, Texas (La Porte) 5/7/1999 (age 22.98)

STRENGTHS: Plays with plus speed and range ... moves well laterally to track the football up-and-down the line of scrimmage ... trusts his eyes and diagnoses quickly vs. the run to fill (Rhule: “He’s just a great football mind.”) ... resets his vision well to adjust his movement patterns on the fly ... has the foot quickness to give blockers the slip ... alert and active in zone coverage with smooth coverage transitions ... flow-fast blitzer who finished his career No. 3 in school history in sacks (16.5) ... adequate length and tackling strength with room to add bulk ... wants to be a strength coach after his playing days and invests in his conditioning ... disciplined by nature and was a senior captain (head coach Dave Aranda: “When I think of the heart, soul, and character of our team, I think of him.”) ... productive with a pair of 100-tackle seasons on his résumé.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal size by NFL standards ... adequate vision, but his anticipation is lacking ... tends to see the ball through a straw and must do a better job locating impending blockers ... doesn’t have explosive hands when attacking blocks ... overaggressive downhill and can get sucked up too far or out-leveraged on the edge ... reactive in coverage and can be caught flat-footed in man-to-man ... battled through several injuries in college: suffered a season-ending fractured shoulder and torn labrum that required surgery (November 2020); broke his right hand that required surgery (November 2019), but didn’t miss any time; missed one game as a senior because of a knee scope (September 2021); redshirted in 2017 after breaking his foot ... didn’t play on kickoff coverage in college.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Baylor, Bernard was the weakside linebacker in head coach Dave Aranda’s 3-3-5 base scheme and played mostly to the field side. He consistently filled up the stat sheet with 8.4 tackles per game over the past three seasons, and both of his head coaches in Waco (Rhule and Aranda) were eager to praise his leadership and integrity. Bernard is always involved in plays because of his play speed and inside-out range, showing the ability to unlock and accelerate in any direction. He tends to be too reactive at times and doesn’t have the play strength or heavy hands to quickly dispose of blockers at the point of attack. Overall, Bernard is undersized and doesn’t have the anticipation of a playmaker, but he has disciplined eyes and athletic range to cover space, projecting as a fourth linebacker and potential down-the-road NFL starter.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Continued from here.

2022 HF Bills Big Board

Round 1
1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%)
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
30. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (66.7%)
31. Jalen Pitre, S, Purdue (50%)
32. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (100%)

Round 2
33. Bernhard Raimann, OL, Central Michigan (11 points) [3FP]
34. Travis Jones, DL, UConn (7 points) [1FP]
35. David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan (6 points) [1FP]
36. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia (5 points)
37. Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming (8 points) [1FP]
37. Sky Moore, WR, Western Michigan: 8 points [1FP]
39. Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa (7 points) [1FP]
39. Christian Harris, LB, Alabama (6 points) [1FP]
41. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St. (10 points) [2FP]
41. Tariq Woolln, CB, UTSA (10 points) [3FP]
43. Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan (8 points) [2FP]
44. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State (6 points)
45. George Pickens, WR, Georgia (8 points) [2FP]
46. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia (6 points) [1FP]
47. Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga (9 points) [2FP]
48. Dylan Parham, IOL, Memphis (8 points) [1FP]
49. Cam Jurgens, C, Nebraska (7 points) [1FP]
50. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State (6 points) [2FP]
50. Calvin Austin lll, WR, Memphis: 6 points [1FP]
52. Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State (16 points) [3FP]
53. Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin (13 points) [3FP]
54. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama (7 points) [1FP]
54. James Cook, RB, Georgia (7 points) [1FP]
56. Christian Watson, WR, ND State (12 points) [4FP]
57. John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (5 points)
58. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St. (4 points)
59. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA (3 points) [1FP]
60. Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesotta (10 points) [2FP]
60. Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee (10 points) [2FP]
62. Jelani Wood, TE, Virginia (8 points) [2FP]
63. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama: (5 points)
63. Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (5 points)
63. Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State: (5 points)

Final poll: 2022 HF Bills Big Board - Best of Rest

Went with Britt, Goodson, and Jones.

Throughout the process I wanted to nominate Wan'Dale Robinson, but just always seemed to like others a little better. He looks like an Isaiah McKenzie clone to me.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Anyone catch this rumor ? Would have to be Williams right ?

Sirius XM NFL Radio the whole way. So today, Zig Fracassi said he has sources in Buffalo that indicate the Bills are looking to make a trade with the Giants to move up to the 7 slot. Giants get more picks and Edmunds (?) to build their team, and Bills get an impact player to take them to Super Bowl.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Throughout the process I wanted to nominate Wan'Dale Robinson, but just always seemed to like others a little better. He looks like an Isaiah McKenzie clone to me.
He’s met with the Bills and is a super fun prospect. I’m a fan

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Sirius XM NFL Radio the whole way. So today, Zig Fracassi said he has sources in Buffalo that indicate the Bills are looking to make a trade with the Giants to move up to the 7 slot. Giants get more picks and Edmunds (?) to build their team, and Bills get an impact player to take them to Super Bowl.
My guess would be for Hamilton

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I hope not. This feels like a move that could set a team back. Give up this year's one and for sure next year's one and possibly more picks

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I hope not. This feels like a move that could set a team back. Give up this year's one and for sure next year's one and possibly more picks
I think I will trust the best gm in football whatever goes down, so much smoke this week

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Maybe. I think they'd like another playmaker in this offense, but I don't think they use a first rounder on a WR let alone move up to target one given what they currently have at the position. I could be way off though. My gut tells me it's a DB. Could be Hamilton, could be Gardner or Stingley.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

100% this would be for Kyle Hamilton or Sauce Gardner.

Let's assume the Giants would value the 2023 1st as the 32nd overall pick. The value chart calculator says 7 = 25+32+80. So if the trade is 25, our 2023 1st, and Edmunds, that's giving Edmunds a mid 3rd trade value.

Another possible is 7 = 25+45+57. So if the trade is our 25, 57, and Edmunds, that would give Edmunds a mid 2nd value.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
If they're going all in this year, they're not trading Edmunds. There's no natural replacement for him on the roster already.
I don't think they're necessarily going "all in" (in the sense of if they don't win this year their window is closed or almost closed), but they definitely expect to be contenders and I agree they won't move Edmunds.

I was going to add "without getting a replacement", but I don't think they're going to hand the reins to a draft pick or a bargain bin FA either.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Untraditional Edmunds trade idea: Edmunds + our second for a high second in order to secure the tier 2 LB of our choice.
I really like this because it removes Edmunds' salary from the roster. You could add a guy like Haden essentially for free. Potentially it frees up 25 for BPA as opposed to taking a corner for example.

The issue is that they would need to be 100% confident in whoever they were drafting would be able to come in & hit the ground running. This is one of the reasons why i like Lloyd.

There doesn't seem to be smoke surrounding a guy like Muma though. IIRC they have met with him three separate times. There's clearly interest there.

I'm also with you that the only player worth trading up for is Hamilton. But i still don't think the cost would be worth it. Let's assume that 7OV was in play from NYG - there's also still no guarantee Hamilton is available there. He could easily go top 5.

Finally - thanks for the work you put in for the big board. Pretty cool that we got two full rounds in.

Reactions: Husko

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I wanted to reply to your post in the last thread but it's locked.

Goodson is a guy who i need to look at. I favoured Rachaad White in that mock mainly because i know more about him. He's generally seen as the 2nd best pass catching back after James Cook, has had (once again IIRC) multiple meetings with the Bills & i think there's a chance he's still on the board in R4.

Cole Strange & Cam Jurgens are fairly interchangeable at this point - but i have a little more faith Jurgens is still on the board in R3 which is why i had him.

Robinson is another guy i really tried to squeeze into my mock - but like Jelani Woods - i just couldn't find a realistic spot for him. He won't be there in R5 which is where I'd want to take him since my first four picks were set.

Reactions: Husko and Fezzy126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad