Buffalo Bills Bills (6-2) vs. Vikings (7-1), November 13, 1PM ET: 'Both Teams Can Win A Trade' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
ESPECIALLY when a tie in a non-conference game isn't the worst thing in the world.

Allen hasn't been great, but coaching has REALLY failed us the last 3 weeks IMO.
Josh having his head up his ass has been a major issue. Dorsey randomly abandoning the run in the RZ has been just as bad. Especially today on the 4th down end zone INT drive with no run calls on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 2. They’d run the ball successfully down there earlier! Go back to it!

IMO they’ve gotten too used to putting everything on Allen at times

Reactions: Zman5778

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The turnovers are the killer. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles. That's the difference in this game.

The entire year, the Bills have been too lackadaisical with the ball. Even the Chiefs game they turned it over. Often they can overcome it (and they almost did again today), but they play with fire way too much.
This year, more than any other year with McD, we’ve shot ourselves in the foot over and over.

At this rate, they’re playing to get a WC spot and hope they catch on fire in the playoffs. They’re too maddeningly inconsistent to expect anything better

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
For the first time in a long time.................

I'm not sure we can win it all with this coaching staff. Frazier's inability to adjust killed us in OT. Dorsey's playcalling at the end of the 4th killed us.

The decision not to kick the FG killed us.

I know the players have to execute......but I don't trust this coaching staff.
They convert on 4 and 2 and we celebrate them for being rational and having a winnning mindset.
Just make it to the playoffs and win the close games then.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
We can not block him from taking a HC job. Heck we can't even block him from interviewing for one.

I think today was 100% about execution on the field and calls McDermott made.
I half jokingly kid.

Better to make these mistakes and get better than to do it in the playoffs. Fun game to watch, poor closing and execution. Need to find ways to win games and we had the opportunity and didn't. Only concern is Josh being off and turning over the ball. He's got the yips.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They convert on 4 and 2 and we celebrate them for being rational and having a winnning mindset.
Just make it to the playoffs and win the close games then.
Yep. I didn't have a problem with them going for it. Was surprised that on 2nd and 2, 3rd and 2, and 4th and 2 they didn't run the ball once. Singletary/Cook was doing decent, and even Allen running would have been OK.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So I missed most of the game and just saw the Jefferson catch

How does this team keep choking in the most inconceivable ways in the final 2 minutes of games? How does Lewis manage to do literally the only thing that gives Jefferson a chance to grab that?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
But we haven't won close games. That's the thing -- we're awful in close games.
How many blowouts have Bills been on the wrong end of the last two seasons?
They only lose close games because those are the only losses they have. Let's just hope we're done with all the heartbreakers this year.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
another bad game for allen. whatever it is he has going on in his head right now... he needs to figure it out. we've never really seen him struggle like this before, but i think it's something that he will be able to use to his advantgage as the season progresses.

Jefferson killed us. basically won the game for them singlehandely.

and injuries, they continue to be a big story for us. 5 defensive starters out. it makes a difference. no way in hell we are giving up 30 to this Vikings team early in the year when everyone is good to play. i have faith that we'll do well when everyone is back more or less, but man.... it is frustrating to watch. just gotta keep plugging away.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Reminds self how the Rams did mid-season last year.

Ok time to truck through this week and hope they beat the Browns.

Reactions: SabresFan26

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
no way in hell we are giving up 30 to this Vikings team early in the year when everyone is good to play. i have faith that we'll do well when everyone is back more or less, but man.... it is frustrating to watch.

We keep saying that. Over and over.

Hyde is out for the year. Who knows how long Poyer will be out for. Milano and Edmunds are both prone to getting nicked up. Who knows what Tre will look like when he gets out there.

Unless McDermott and Frazier change SOMETHING up.......we're going to be saying that over and over and over.

And frankly, I think Beane screwed up here a little by allowing Dodson to be our 3rd LB.......he's not good. For all the depth we have in the secondary, we have none at LB.

Reactions: kirby11

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

Ok time to truck through this week and hope they beat the Browns.
this is how every season goes more or less (unless you're the moss/brady era patriots). good teams lose games. shit happens. it's happened to us the past 3 years and all of those team looked dangerous come playoff time. frustrating, yeah, especially with the big expectations, but it's a long season. we'll get guys back. josh will figure it out. whatever happens after that seems more or less like a crap shoot for anyone tbh. and if we're playing well it could just work out for us

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

Hyde is out for the year. Who knows how long Poyer will be out for. Milano and Edmunds are both prone to getting nicked up. Who knows what Tre will look like when he gets out there.

Unless McDermott and Frazier change SOMETHING up.......we're going to be saying that over and over and over.

And frankly, I think Beane screwed up here a little by allowing Dodson to be our 3rd LB.......he's not good. For all the depth we have in the secondary, we have none at LB.
all i'm saying is it's too soon to hit the panic button. there is still half a season to play. there are always narratives. the best teams don't always win. we've beaten a lot of good teams this year, and our only losses have been either close, hard fought games (jets), or extreme down to the wire toss-ups (miami, vikings). so maybe just take a step back?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
this is how every season goes more or less (unless you're the moss/brady era patriots). good teams lose games. shit happens. it's happened to us the past 3 years and all of those team looked dangerous come playoff time. frustrating, yeah, especially with the big expectations, but it's a long season. we'll get guys back. josh will figure it out. whatever happens after that seems more or less like a crap shoot for anyone tbh. and if we're playing well it could just work out for us

Yeah it's definitely frustrating playing like this considering how they played the first few games, but we've seen this group rebound so I'm not in panic mode just yet. If Nick Chubb runs over them next week then uhh maybe.
They played really sloppy even in the 2nd half last year aside from the Pats game, I recall being pretty frustrated with the Panthers, Falcons, and Jets games with the mistakes they made.

Reactions: valet

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Edmonds is not injury prone

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Edmonds is not injury prone

I didn't say injury prone. I said prone to getting nicked up.....big difference. He misses a game or two every year and then random quarters/halves in games here and there.

My point was more that Beane really effed up by not having a more solid 3rd LB on the roster for the times that Milano and/or Edmunds inevitably miss.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How many blowouts have Bills been on the wrong end of the last two seasons?
They only lose close games because those are the only losses they have. Let's just hope we're done with all the heartbreakers this year.

all 3 of the losses this year can be attributed to mistakes made That cost points. You can get away with this against the bottom of the league teams but not against .500+ teams. There are enough good teams out there that these mistakes can cost you games.

against Miami……

Allen fumble inside own 10. Miami gets a FG
missed FG
failed ion downs late 4th and as clock ran out.

against jets….
red zone INT in 1st
Interception inside own 20

against Vikings…

red zone INT
Fumble snap TD
end of game red zone INT

the survived these errors against the ravens and chiefs

this goes back to last year.

Reactions: HaNotsri
Status
Not open for further replies.