Confirmed with Link: Bill Zito is the Panthers new GM

Are you happy with the hire?

• Total voters

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Zito has done a good job. I like the direction he's taking the team (I have been vocal that we need a tougher squad for a long time) and he got the best player on the roster locked up.

His low-key pickups like Marchment, Forsling, etc., have also been excellent. He's done a great job at addressing our blue line issues without spending a lot of cash on it. Also, willing to bite the bullet and buy out Yandle.

He's definitely earned the benefit of the doubt from me on the moves I haven't liked much (e.g. Thornton).

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Zito has done a good job. I like the direction he's taking the team (I have been vocal that we need a tougher squad for a long time) and he got the best player on the roster locked up.

His low-key pickups like Marchment, Forsling, etc., have also been excellent. He's done a great job at addressing our blue line issues without spending a lot of cash on it. Also, willing to bite the bullet and buy out Yandle.

He's definitely earned the benefit of the doubt from me on the moves I haven't liked much (e.g. Thornton).

Marchment was a Tallon trade

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You're right. My bad.

In spite of my frustrations with Dale Tallon, I have to admit he wasn't all bad. He did bring in some good talent, he just didn't really know how to complete the roster.
Yup Dale is great at tearing it down and acquiring capital. He just doesn’t know his ass from his face when it comes to complementing his talent.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
You're right. My bad.

In spite of my frustrations with Dale Tallon, I have to admit he wasn't all bad. He did bring in some good talent, he just didn't really know how to complete the roster.

which makes zito's job (at least to this point) all the more remarkable. he's never done this at the NHL level before. his focus has been laser-like and several moves were really outside the box - bennett and reinhart. the proof will need to be in the pudding but thus far, the roster, while still based around the same core, looks so different and so much better.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Also hats off to Viola. He turned down a major political appointment - don’t want to imagine what might have happened to the Panthers if ownership was absent or changed hands.
Didn’t exactly turn it down..realized that he wouldn’t be able to divest everything properly and make it through Congress.

still the man. I’m excited how this ownership group learns and tried to better itself.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This guy...
Bill Zito...

Put the final touches on a legit contender

Re-signs Duclair, Verhaeghe and Montour who may recoup us some big assets if we are forced to sell them in a couple years due to promotions/cap issues.

Re-signs the best player in our history

What's he got up his sleeve come the trade deadline?

Just smiling ear to ear knowing this franchise is in really good hands, with ownership, management and the players on ice in FLA and in Charlotte.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad