Confirmed with Link: Bill Zito is the Panthers new GM

Are you happy with the hire?

• Total voters

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The problem is Tampa doesn't want to take any cap back.
We can add one or two contracts that way though... If we don't sign Hoffman or Dadonov, we'll have roughly 15M-12M left over after signing our RFAs. That's big money we can allocate among FA or trades...

Next season, we'll have about 1.7M of dead money coming off the book (Darling's buyout is down ~1.15M and Demers .56M

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Is Fabbro expansion exempt?
They burnt a year playing him at the end of the year, so no. But I think Nashville is a weird team that can go 4-4 no problems. Duchene, Ardy, and Forsberg are the clear people to protect; RyJo is as well if they want to keep his cap. Otherwise, you weight Sissons/Jarnkrok against one of the D...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is Fabbro expansion exempt?

He played 64 games this year so if he plays 44 (think that's the threshold) then he needs to be protected and its a good bet he plays that many or more.

EDIT- looks like he needs to be protected going by this

Screenshot_20201001-142942_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: violaswallet

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We can add one or two contracts that way though... If we don't sign Hoffman or Dadonov, we'll have roughly 15M-12M left over after signing our RFAs. That's big money we can allocate among FA or trades...

I know that

Both of those guys have long term deals with a pretty big cap hit. If there's no money going back that's a big commitment in the current situation where cap space is worth gold. I'm not sure I like either of those guys enough to do that. Although don't know much about Gourde.

But I guess it depends on the price.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He played 64 games this year so if he plays 44 (think that's the threshold) then he needs to be protected and its a good bet he plays that many or more.
I think the threshold only matters in the sense that the team needs to leave at least one player open.

The years are based on contract years, i.e. how many ELC years are burnt. Tippett isn't eligible because his first season (season #3 pro for regular people) was a contract slide...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Both of those guys have long term deals with a pretty big cap hit. If there's no money going back that's a big commitment in the current situation where cap space is worth gold. I'm not sure I like either of those guys enough to do that. Although don't know much about Gourde.

Against replacement value, the cap hits aren't bad: Gourde's contract is a year or two too long, but, given UFA markets for centers, not clear if you can get quality for same price.

Haula or Granlund are considered the top UFAs. Top trade candidates are all RFAs.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I like Gourde, he plays a grittier game and is also good defensively. I'd love him on the Panthers. He could also be moved down to 3c if we acquire/develop someone else.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think the threshold only matters in the sense that the team needs to leave at least one player open.

The years are based on contract years, i.e. how many ELC years are burnt. Tippett isn't eligible because his first season (season #3 pro for regular people) was a contract slide...

Ya but unless they can go 4-4-1 or 8-1 then they will expose one of their D.

Josi has a NMC
Ellis will likely be protected which leaves one of Fabbro or Ekholm exposed if they go 7-3-1

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ya but unless they can go 4-4-1 or 8-1 then they will expose one of their D.

Josi has a NMC
Ellis will likely be protected which leaves one of Fabbro or Ekholm exposed if they go 7-3-1
Ah, I don't think the marginal guy for Nashville is worth either, although Sisson and Jarnkrok have great contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad