• Get him a cab

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Did you read the post? Seems like you’re twisting words here to make your comment. I didn’t say otherwise.
How so? It’s an extremely important concept in this trade. You’re making the assumption that we overpaid. I don’t think we did at all. It looks like a lot on paper(and it was) but the deal was more than fair. I’d argue we did pretty well.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
How so? It’s an extremely important concept in this trade. You’re making the assumption that we overpaid. I don’t think we did at all. It looks like a lot on paper(and it was) but the deal was more than fair. I’d argue we did pretty well.
Because I never said I assumed we were trading for a player unsigned. I said the opposite. You insinuated I said something I did not.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
This ! Amen !

And if/when we qualify for the playoffs, a lot of the fan-base will owe Zito an apology.

He knew it was a transition year, he knew their would be changes and struggles… But he never really planned to get Tkachuk, that was a pretty big curveball thrown at him…

He may have been scrambling since… But he is on pace to hit it out of the park !

And we will enter next July down two first round picks yes, but with a boatload of cash, a core around 26 years-old, some interesting prospects in the pipeline while still being viewed as one of the pretending/contending team… That’s pretty good to me !

As I’ve said here or in another post but…

This year was a BIG test, and a BIG lesson learned for Bill Zito.

He will be sooooo much better in the future because of the difficulties of this last year, learning from the all-in ‘22 TDL, the surprising availability of Tkachuk... Everything !

We will enjoy those playoffs but…

That man, our GM, is ready to unleash for next year !

It’s gonna be one hell of a ride !! So much fun !!!

I still f***ING believe in Bill Zito.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
As I’ve said here or in another post but…

This year was a BIG test, and a BIG lesson learned for Bill Zito.

He will be sooooo much better in the future because of the difficulties of this last year, learning from the all-in ‘22 TDL, the surprising availability of Tkachuk... Everything !

We will enjoy those playoffs but…

That man, our GM, is ready to unleash for next year !

It’s gonna be one hell of a ride !! So much fun !!!

I still f***ING believe in Bill Zito.
Me too. Already making the POs this year has to be counted as a success. We have a strong core. I remain critical of PoMo, but not even he could derail us. If his emotional side is what the team needed in the end, Zito had a good feeling for him too.

Next year will be very interesting. I expect a sure PO spot with the team being in the top 3 in the division plus at least 2nd round/Conference final appearance (depending on this year's PO performance plus off-season acquisitions).

Strangely enough I still have hope for this team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad