Confirmed with Link: Bill Peters has 'resigned' (for real this time) (MOD Warning OP)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
giphy.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
WARNING:

This thread is to pertain only to the Flames coaching specifically. Please use the other thread to discuss the allegations against Peters. Thank you.

Do you think this is grounds to void his contract or will he still be owed his money?

I know the org doesn’t budget a ton of money to that position so it could be concerning

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Off the board but would anyone be down to give Rikard Grönborg consideration as a replacement come summer?

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Will be interested to see if they give Ward the interim head coach label, and keep Huska as the only assistant - or if they bring in someone to help shore up the AC position.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Similar to Toronto, this Calgary team is waaaaaay too talented to be where they are.

I hope Treliving brings in a fresh mind. Best of luck!

Reactions: Tkachuky

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Canucks fan coming in peace. I decided to post here as I've found in my short time as a Member that the main Board gets pretty volatile while Team Boards are more even keel.

Although I've mentioned this in the T. J. Brodie Thread, I figure the magnitude of this level of change deserved the sentiment repeated. As a fan of all the Canadian franchises, I hope you guys can get a mid season boost to change your fortunes and make the playoffs. Hockey always benefits when Canadian teams succeed. Best of luck in the search for your next Coach.

Cheers

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Canucks fan coming in peace. I decided to post here as I've found in my short time as a Member that the main Board gets pretty volatile while Team Boards are more even keel.

Although I've mentioned this in the T. J. Brodie Thread, I figure the magnitude of this level of change deserved the sentiment repeated. As a fan of all the Canadian franchises, I hope you guys can get a mid season boost to change your fortunes and make the playoffs. Hockey always benefits when Canadian teams succeed. Best of luck in the search for your next Coach.

Cheers

Stop making me hate the Canucks less with your kind words

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Do you think this is grounds to void his contract or will he still be owed his money?

I know the org doesn’t budget a ton of money to that position so it could be concerning
I'm not a lawyer, but I can't imagine this being any kind of grounds to void the contract. None of this happened while he was employed by the Flames and, while definitely shit behaviour, it's probably not a criminal offence to say the n-word.

Been a wild 12 hours, damn. Wonder if this is the start of a domino effect, there must be a LOT of this kind of stuff out there.

Reactions: crackdown44

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
I'm not a lawyer, but I can't imagine this being any kind of grounds to void the contract. None of this happened while he was employed by the Flames and, while definitely **** behaviour, it's probably not a criminal offence to say the n-word.

Been a wild 12 hours, damn. Wonder if this is the start of a domino effect, there must be a LOT of this kind of stuff out there.

That’s my initial feeling as well. Just wishful thinking on my behalf lol

I imagine there will be additional fallout for many coaches at different levels

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm not a lawyer, but I can't imagine this being any kind of grounds to void the contract. None of this happened while he was employed by the Flames and, while definitely **** behaviour, it's probably not a criminal offence to say the n-word.

There's clauses on ethical behavior and representing the Calgary Flames. We'll likely never know fully though.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

And certainly every contractual obligation from "public relations" onward to "ethical conduct" will be reviewed.

I imagine that Bill Peters will need to be paid a fair termination package to make this go away.

The articled students are probably going HAM right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad