Confirmed with Link: Bill Peters has 'resigned' (for real this time) (MOD Warning OP)

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
*I know unregardless isn't a word, don't @ me

Wow, the offensive language just doesn't end with you people :sarcasm:

We should have simply publicly executed Pill Beters on the saddeldome steps to send a message.

Off topic, but I finished watching The Spy on Netflix last night. What a good series! Oh uh... spoiler alert :laugh:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Most of the time it is not resigned, it's involuntary termination or layoffs due to factors not within your control, it doesn't go on your record as being fired. The severance package is your acceptance of the terms and not to sue them.

You are correct that this is the situation most of the time. However, this method definitely happens too. Usually there are some companies that employ this resignation method for situations where discretion is required and/or the company prefers to lower the layoff numbers for certain reporting purposes. I have read the documents from someone who wanted an opinion on them, so it's not second hand information.

Unregardless of how the resignation is structured, Peters is definitely held to account for what he's done. I just don't get why some people think he should be tar and feathered?

*I know unregardless isn't a word, don't @ me

I dunno. I'm not really happy nor angry... I guess... just disappointed and I don't care? I wouldn't join on any tar and feathering excursions if given the chance. There's really no need to do that anyways.

Reactions: DFF

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
giphy.gif
Oh Gawd! Just shoot me now. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Unfortunately, the masses are vindictive, irrational and petty. Justin Bourne was going on about how nobody was held accountable for any of this and Treliving didn't do enough. Seriously?! Peters lost his job and his resigning likely means that he doesn't get paid the remainder of his contract. He has been held accountable! His name is mud, he's lost out on millions of dollars, he'll never work in the NHL again, seriously what more do people want!?! Should he be taken to the town square to be stoned?

Like I said before, this is 2019. All you need to do is watch the news, go on Facebook, go on twitter to see this kind of behaviour. And by behaviour I mean, the shoot first ask questions later mentality. Not only that, but the punishments these people want are always so overtly severe its ludicrous.

He resigned, it's over. He would have been fired and if any actual thought was put into it any person should figure out it's because if he was fired his contract would have to be paid in full, this way they don't have to pay, however it's also quite obvious there was a settlement from the Flames that paid him some money so he can resign and at least save a little bit of face.

And there's nothing wrong with taking a whopping 4 days to do an investigation so that the truth can come out. People who think this took too long are frankly f***ING STUPID. I am not going to sugar coat it, if you think this took to long you're a f***ing moron. Not that any people on this board think that, but there are a lot who think it was too long.

This whole situation is ugly in every facet, from morons thinking what Bill did wasn't wrong, to those who think Akim is partially at fault, it's just brought out so much stupidity and ugliness from people. It's over, let's move on with the season and play some hockey.

Reactions: Rangediddy

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Since some seem unclear on the concept.

Pretty sure Bill's days of coaching in North America are done.

Reactions: 32hunter

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So what I’m concerned about now is what does Ward bring to the table?

I don’t know much about him. Assuming he stays the interim coach for the rest of this season, what changes, if any, do you expect him to make?

thanks

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
So what I’m concerned about now is what does Ward bring to the table?

I don’t know much about him. Assuming he stays the interim coach for the rest of this season, what changes, if any, do you expect him to make?

thanks

- former DEL coach of the year
- DEL champion
- former AHL coach of the year
- assistant coach on the 2011 championship bruins
- assistant coach on the 2014 president's trophy bruins
- ran the PP during Taylor Hall's MVP season
- assistant coach on the 2019 west champs Flames
- systemic continuity (presumably)
- personnel familiarity

Reactions: Boomstick

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
- former DEL coach of the year
- DEL champion
- former AHL coach of the year
- assistant coach on the 2011 championship bruins
- assistant coach on the 2014 president's trophy bruins
- ran the PP during Taylor Hall's MVP season
- assistant coach on the 2019 west champs Flames
- systemic continuity (presumably)
- personnel familiarity
Hopefully Tree has done his due diligence on this Ward character.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
The Oilers fan that brought up Todd Nelson had a good idea...I’d be really happy if we brought him in next season ( if Ward doesn’t succeed).

Khrox

May 31, 2018
And there's nothing wrong with taking a whopping 4 days to do an investigation so that the truth can come out. People who think this took too long are frankly ****ING STUPID. I am not going to sugar coat it, if you think this took to long you're a ****ing moron. Not that any people on this board think that, but there are a lot who think it was too long.
This was done rather quickly in all honesty. Especially considering it was a situation that kind of set a precedent for the NHL, and a baseline example for state/provincial use in Alberta, North Carolina, and Illinois which could be used as legal precedent should a similar case go to court.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

We do do due

Unless he talked directly to aliu, I don't think anybody would have told him about the racist rant 10 yrs ago.
For the abuse in Carolina. The canes basically did nothing and even brindamour said it was addressed satisfactory. Their owner claims he didn't know about it. If they didn't tell their boss then I don't think they thought it was that serious. I bet it's not that uncommon among the coaches in the nhl. I wouldn't be shocked if more stories start coming out. Some coaches are shaking in their boots now.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If Ron Francis survives this situation, guarantee Seattle will be a blocked number after the expansion draft
Francis probably thought abusive coaches were the norm or at least not a big deal. He played longer than anybody. He is probably not wrong. I don't think the nhl wants him to talk too much. Otherwise he would have talked already.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
If Peter's caused any racial abuse, he is a twat and it's a good riddance. What we need right now is a young blood with fresh, progressive mindset.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
A progressive mindset is what we have on our 2 mainstay leaders. That is in fact the issue as it is with the Leafs. Until this team recruits some real men, it matters little who coaches.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
As I suspected, the Carolina's owner lied and tried to throw his employees under the bus.
I don't know if you can come to that conclusion. On the face of it, it looks like a "he said, she said" situation. Peter Karmanos may be lying... or Ron Francis may be lying. Until someone comes forward as a witness to this briefing we may never know who's telling the truth.
Although I do have to admit that it seems odd that Francis WOULDN'T tell Karmanos about these two assaults by Peters on the two Canes players

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know if you can come to that conclusion. On the face of it, it looks like a "he said, she said" situation. Peter Karmanos may be lying... or Ron Francis may be lying. Until someone comes forward as a witness to this briefing we may never know who's telling the truth.
Although I do have to admit that it seems odd that Francis WOULDN'T tell Karmanos about these two assaults by Peters on the two Canes players

Unless he is an absentee owner, it's hard to believe that he doesnt know even if Francis didnt tell him. If this is such a big crime, people talk. BrindAmour was so eager to talk when the news broke and even said he was so proud the team came to a satisfactory solution. That sound to me like the whole organization agreed on Peters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad