Movies: Biggest Bonehead Moves in Movie History

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Not turning on the lights in a plethora of movies.

Let's split the group up for a silly reason (or even no reason at all) so we're easier to pick off one by one while we are expressly aware of the current threat !!!!

In Prometheus when the scientific crew decides it's ok to remove their protective gear because the air is breathable... or when they see an alien looking snake rear up and act super aggressive and the scientific just wants to pet it... The whole movie is basically characters acting in weird incomprehensible manner.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Basically every decision that Adam Sandler's character makes in Uncut Gems. Not sure I can recall a film where a character so effectively and progressively digs their own grave as in Uncut Gems.

Reactions: Voight

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Mistake there was not paying the money to get Robert Duval back........... and not recruiting a more suitable replacement when Winona Ryder flaked last minute.

Was that for the role that Coppola gave to his daughter Sofia? If so, then that gives a little context to what I was reading recently about one of the film's criticisms being her acting.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that I am a ultra Star Wars fan, but killing off Han Solo and the original cast so rubbish characters can take over the next generation.

Blockbuster not buying Netflix when it had the chance.
Wasn't it the opposite? I recall Netflix wanting to buy Blockbuster, but they said no because they never thought that Netflix would get anywhere.

Reactions: Hatfield

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Everytime somebody runs in a straight line when they could avoid disaster simply by stepping or running at an angle.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Was that for the role that Coppola gave to his daughter Sofia? If so, then that gives a little context to what I was reading recently about one of the film's criticisms being her acting.
Yeah that's the role. If I remember correctly they were already on location in Europe somewhere filming when Ryder dropped out.

Reactions: Osprey

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Half of life in the universe died (temporarily) cause Star Lord couldn't wait to whale on Thanos until after the heroes got the Infinity Gauntlet off of him.

I don't understand how the universe is in balance if you destroy half of all life.

Presumably life in the universe was once half of what it is now, then growing to its current unsustainable level.

What is preventing that from happening again?

And with the Infinity Stones destroyed, Thanos can't actually correct it again.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't understand how the universe is in balance if you destroy half of all life.

Presumably life in the universe was once half of what it is now, then growing to its current unsustainable level.

What is preventing that from happening again?

And with the Infinity Stones destroyed, Thanos can't actually correct it again.
Lol buying the universe more time I guess.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
IIRC, in Dante's Peak, they decide to go back to save their dog, only that in the process, the grandma has to leap into a lake of superheated water and dies to save everyone.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Also known as The Prometheus School of Running Away From Things

tenor.gif

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad