Bigger loss- Duchene or Stone

Bigger loss

• Total voters

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Stone would be a bigger loss but if we lose Duchene we could be the next habs/leafs spending ten years looking for a #1 centre.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think that they either both stay or they both go.

And how successful the team is this season plays a major part in their decision to stay.

That being said, stone would be the biggest loss.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Ill take the number one center any day, I doubt duchene will lose much speed over the next few years, stone is already slow and this is the worst ive seen him play in a long time and the amount we lost for duchene would just be a tougher pill to swallow to see him gone

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The list of teams that have 2 centers better then him is bigger then the list of teams that he would be the No.1 guy on. Im sure hes a good guy and hes decent but he is more of a good second liner then a No. 1 center.
Toronto
Washington
Pittsburgh
?
?

Maybe Tampa? Maybe Florida? Maybe Edmonton?

Reactions: ThePriorityDeal

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Toronto
Washington
Pittsburgh
?
?

Maybe Tampa? Maybe Florida? Maybe Edmonton?

Maybe? Edmonton. No maybe about it.
Who's is he better than? I mean I can say he in on par with Turris, but thats another story, Im not sure why people would get upset hes not a grade A center

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe? Edmonton. No maybe about it.
Who's is he better than? I mean I can say he in on par with Turris, but thats another story, Im not sure why people would get upset hes not a grade A center
I don't think he's a grade A center, I just disagree with you saying the list of teams with 2 center's better is bigger than the list of teams he'd be #1 on, which is foolish. You out Duchene on a line with McDavid for large parts of the season and he would have points like Drai as well.

Montreal - Domi
Arizona - Stephan
Detroit - Larkin
St. Louis - Schenn
Columbus - Dubois
Minnisota - Staal
Vancouver - Horvat
New Jersey - Hischier
NYR - Zibanejad

Then teams like:

Calgary - Monohan
NYI - Barzal
SJ - Couture
Chicago - Toews
Vegas - Karlsson

Where an argument could be made either way.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I don't think he's a grade A center, I just disagree with you saying the list of teams with 2 center's better is bigger than the list of teams he'd be #1 on, which is foolish. You out Duchene on a line with McDavid for large parts of the season and he would have points like Drai as well.

Montreal - Domi
Arizona - Stephan
Detroit - Larkin
St. Louis - Schenn
Columbus - Dubois
Minnisota - Staal
Vancouver - Horvat
New Jersey - Hischier
NYR - Zibanejad

Then teams like:

Calgary - Monohan
NYI - Barzal
SJ - Couture
Chicago - Toews
Vegas - Karlsson

Where an argument could be made either way.

Schen got 70 points last year Staal got 42 goals and 76 points. Hishier is 19 and going to be better then Duchene so take those 3 off the list._.. And your left with the hurting list suckey teams. Other then columbus.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Schen got 70 points last year Staal got 42 goals and 76 points. Hishier is 19 and going to be better then Duchene so take those 3 off the list._.. And your left with the hurting list suckey teams. Other then columbus.
So do we get to keep Staal, add Getzlaf, Bergeron, and Kopitar, etc. because Duchene is 27 and likely to be better than them soon? Or does that only work in your favour?

What's the list of teams with 2 centres better?

Reactions: Xspyrit and bert

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So do we get to keep Staal, add Getzlaf, Bergeron, and Kopitar, etc. because Duchene is 27 and likely to be better than them soon? Or does that only work in your favour?

What's the list of teams with 2 centres better?

Why take it personal? Its got nothing to do with me or my favor. Those guys you mentioned are all better tho. Is that somehow a personal attack on you? And who's we? Do you think this is an 'us against them' situation? Thats odd.
You already gave a list.
And I Rank Duchene around ROR and Turris, I think thats fair and I doubt people would be upset or throwing around the 'we' word if they were called number 2.

Boston Leafs Caps Pens Oil and then theres teams with Turris and ROR as there no 2 and tampa florida, where its debateable if he is better or not.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Since the start of the 2014 season untill today
Duchene .69 points per game
Turris .68 points per game

Hilarious

You cherry picked the starting point to capture turris' big season and exclude duchene's from the year before. Go ask 1000 people which player they'd rather have. If you come back with ten that say Kyle I'll concede the point.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You cherry picked the starting point to capture turris' big season and exclude duchene's from the year before. Go ask 1000 people which player they'd rather have. If you come back with ten that say Kyle I'll concede the point.

Im gonna be honest i didnt cherry pick anything i just randomly picked a year.
If you start from 2015
Duche .69 Turris .65
Start from 2016
Duchene .65 Turris .69

Guess what? Thats still almost identical. You wont concede the numbers are almost identical unless I take an opinion poll of what people think? Meh
If duchene gets 8 or more on a long term deal i bet way more then 10 pick Turris. But no opinion changes their production over the last few years anyway.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Now that Ottawa has gotten off to a good start, it's pretty funny to watch the Colorado fan narrative shift from "brb measuring the Welcome to Denver Jack Hughes billboards" to "Sam Girard (and his 3 assists) is far and away the best player in the Duchene trade AINEC".

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad