Bigger loss- Duchene or Stone

Bigger loss

• Total voters

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Stone.

Makes those around him better. Seems to be a huge part of the teams new positive culture change.

With that said, his foot speed makes me apprehensive about a 7-8 year deal. It's also not a big gap on the ice. In some ways, maybe Duchene as a C is more valuable on the ice. It's a tough call for me to make.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Duchene plays the more important position but Stone is better and more valuable to this team, especially seeing as he's a mentor to Tkachuk.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Duchene plays the more important position but Stone is better and more valuable to this team, especially seeing as he's a mentor to Tkachuk.

Pretty much this. I still voted Duchene though due to our lack of depth at center. If I had more confidence in Brown being capable to step in as #1/2C i would go with Stone for sure. Seems 50/50 Brown will be that guy.

Reactions: Beville

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Pretty much this. I still voted Duchene though due to our lack of depth at center. If I had more confidence in Brown being capable to step in as #1/2C i would go with Stone for sure. Seems 50/50 Brown will be that guy.

It's coming to the point where you wonder if Chlapik will overtake Brown by the end of the season.

Reactions: Mr Hat

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think they are both big losses. I think Stone more consistently impacts a game in multiple ways and is easier to play with. Duchene is really highly skilled, can generate offense and zone time and is our best C by a fair margin.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Stone is the better player, but Duchene may very well be more important.

Honestly, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm wary about extending either one though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stone long and short there is really no comparison. One is a top 5 player in his position and one is not.

The definitive ranking of the NHL’s top 20 right wingers over three seasons - Sportsnet.ca

Number 4 ranked RW in the NHL and number 1 defensive winger by a long shot.

Stone is the better player, but Duchene may very well be more important.

Honestly, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm wary about extending either one though.

What?.... If you cant extend a top player in the NHL at 26 whats the point in even trying to compete?

It's coming to the point where you wonder if Chlapik will overtake Brown by the end of the season.

He is already a better prospect. Had a way better D + 1 year, is way more dedicated and a much better skater while playing with an edge.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Saying Duchene because I think we are utterly f***ed at C if he leaves.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's Stone easily.

He's a much more steady player. You know exactly what he brings and he's a cerebral player. Even if his skating isn't as good he will still be an effective player regardless because of his anticipation, vision and ability to stretch the ice with his passes.

Duchene is the type of player who goes hot and cold. His skating his better but he isn't as smart as Stone with the puck. He makes a lot of high intensity plays that lead to a lot of points when he's hot but when he goes on one of his cold streaks he seems to just make bad decisions with the puck on top of not producing.

His skating doesn't concern me that much especially for the next 5 years but I have to admit he seems to be often injured.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What?.... If you cant extend a top player in the NHL at 26 whats the point in even trying to compete?

(Insert Karlsson statement here)

All kidding aside, I'm just not sure Stone is the guy I want the team to invest ~$65+ million because of a variety of different reasons. I obviously won't be disappointed if he stays though, guy is inarguably a fantastic player and top end winger in the game right now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Duchene.

This team would crumble without a good center

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Stone is a tier above Duchene.

One of the best wingers in the league vs. a 1B/2A center.

Not a hard decision.

Reactions: bert

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think they are both gone.

It would be interesting to see their production levels at the 20 game mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad