Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Cozens

Votes: 54 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It will be tied, Mitts will score more points but Cozens will score twice as many goals.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I think both will have improved seasons, but I vote Mitts for one reason...

I think they already know Cozens will make it as a 3rd/2nd line center at least, and they still have plenty of time left to develop him and find out.

Mitts on the other hand they are running out of time with. If they still have any hope for him at center, they need to find out in the first half of this season. If he can make it as a winger they need to know that before the end of the year.

Like Thompson last year, I think Mitts will be a focus for the coaching staff, and will get the top opportunities to excel with good players and PP1 time in Olofsson's spot. If Mitts has it in him to be everything we have hoped for, then he will have the best opportunity in his career to make the jump. I think he will make a jump simply due to opportunity, but will it be THE jump? You will find out at the trade deadline.....mmuuuuuuuhhhhahaaa!

Cozens will still get lots of development and improvement, but might lose some opportunities to Mitts and will not get time on PP1.

Reactions: elchud

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Mitts surprised me last year, but there was never consistency. There were times he turned into a possession monster along the walls.

If he could play like that even half the time and score like 20g/20a he'd be a valuable player.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think Cozens will have a bigger breakout year, but I actually am feeling confident that Mittlestadt will have a breakout year as well. :)

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I voted Cozens, but in my Fantasy draft I took Mittelstadt with my very last pick. I’m quietly hopeful that he will have a breakout year though, worth a gamble in Fantasy, but I don’t think chances are high.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Cozens has certainly broken out and looks the part.

Mitts…is still a bit in limbo. We need to fix his line, but I think he has played decent enough as to where he isn’t the problem. But it’s the misfit line and not working

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Looking pretty one-sided on the ice at this point, even though it's only a 5 point difference. The +13 goal differential is noteworthy.
Mitts has almost all the points at PP, at ES he seems to have only 4 points in 23 games.

Cozens has certainly broken out and looks the part.

Mitts…is still a bit in limbo. We need to fix his line, but I think he has played decent enough as to where he isn’t the problem. But it’s the misfit line and not working
I don't believe it's possible to play so bad even with Olofsson and other players who were constantly on his lane (Krebs, Asplund, Hino). I think the problem is that nor Mitts nor Olofsson are just good, even if for different reasons, but as they are.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Cozens is playing well, has a great mentality to drive to the net and shoot more. I think his best advantage over Mittelstadt right now is having a legit puck hound on his wing. Peterka has been fantastic and hasn't left Cozen's side all season. Others have gone into the weeds about why Mittelstadt hasn't been that bad but I won't bother. Some of us are going to see what we want. That line needs better wingers, period. Krebs isn't ready to take Mittelstadt's role either so there isn't anyone to try instead of Mitts. It boils down to the fact that there aren't enough guys down the FW roster playing well enough right now, and Cozens is getting the time and role to be with the better wingers, and maybe well deserved. I think any gap between them wouldn't be much if the two were switched.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I just don't have the faith in Mitts to be an impactful player that I once had. He's not really playing bad or anything but I don't see the high offensive upside I thought he had. What's with him never using his shot?

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
I just don't have the faith in Mitts to be an impactful player that I once had. He's not really playing bad or anything but I don't see the high offensive upside I thought he had. What's with him never using his shot?
i thought that too... even in his rookie seaason he had a good shot, injured? lack of confidence?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
77 games, 67 points and a big 7 year extension for Cozens.

78 games, 53 points (including a recent hot streak that has him notch 7 in his last 4) for Mittelstadt.

I think it's fair to say that Cozens has had a bigger breakout year, beyond points.

Mitts has largely been saddled with underperforming players, as the start of the season was very much the Tage line, Cozens line, and Okposo line all pretty consistently together. It is not particularly surprising that Mitts' point totals while playing on the Line of Misfit Toys aren't as high as they could have been, especially as he's much more of a playmaker than a shooter.

For the purposes of this poll, my money was on Cozens. Over the past three months, though, Mitts has at least made this into a good debate, and I don't think there's a wrong answer here.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If Mittlestadt could aim when he shoots I think he could be right up there with Cozens neck in neck maybe even ahead because he seems to be more solid defensively.

Interesting to think about 🤔

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I thought Cozens would take another year to put his offense together while Mitts was a year ahead being injured last season. Can't really be mad about being wrong. Career years from a lot of guys probably helps an already tight locker room and keeps these guys hungry. It will be refreshing to see an optimistic locker clean out.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad