WJC: Big story about to drop -Kadri/Nino

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
So dissapointed with my countrymen, slamming down on Kadri even tho all we know is that Nino went overboard and Kadri excersized his right to not shake hands.

It's a players choice. It was Marty's choice to not shake Avery's hand because Avery went over the line.

Forget he's a Leaf prospect for two weeks and take the side of your country. The Swiss aren't fairy boys who need to be cuddled...the throat slit gesture seems more appropriate afer seeing how dirty they were in last nights game.

Sorry, but that crap is never appropriate. Regardless of what was said or done (neither is the boarding/hit from behind, but that's another story).

If Kadri had an issue with Nino, trashtalk him all to hell on the rink. It happens and the vast majority of players leave all that **** on the ice. Gestures, on the other hand, are visible to everyone in the rink and, in this case, on TV.

We'll see later what the whole deal is, but if Kadri's feelings were hurt by something said on the ice, he's in for a hell of a ride in the NHL.

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
The throat cut gesture was obviously uncalled for and a bad decision, no matter what the reason.

That being said, how is it really *that much* worse than the trash talk that happens during every game? I played in the WHL, and I can't remember a single game where I didn't hear someone threaten myself or somebody else with some kind of "Imma kill you and murder your family" phrase... people say things, or in this case, make gestures that they don't mean in the literal sense.

So much overreaction here...

alienanton*

If whatever happened goes public, Kadri is an even bigger dbag than I thought.

It's a shame, as a player he certainly has potential.

congratulations. you just ruined the credibility of any kadri-hater on this board.

sorry guys.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Ugh shades of Kostitsyn drama last year. We'll see what happens. I hope both Kadri and el nino stay out of trouble and its nothing too bad.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
You've put Kadri in a situation where he can't possibly win.

Both guys are in a bad situation by this supposed breaking news. People are going to assume Nino said something racist, and the news outlets are (correctly or uncorrectly who knows) making it seem like Kadri is breaking the "what happens on the ice stays on the ice" rule, and unable to let something go.

It can't be that big a deal. Two players developed a heated rivalry, and in the end Kadri showed his true character by refusing to shake hands. That should have been the end of it, and we could have moved on to the gold medal game, but of course not, not when there's a story to be had.

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
didnt know it was a 1 player vs 1 player hockey game.. MSP has 9 pts in the tourney.. Da Amigo has ?? MSP led his team in scoring.. DAmigo did ....

D'Amigo has 10 pts.

owned

Mr Lahey*

Sorry, but that crap is never appropriate. Regardless of what was said or done (neither is the boarding/hit from behind, but that's another story).

If Kadri had an issue with Nino, trashtalk him all to hell on the rink. It happens and the vast majority of players leave all that **** on the ice. Gestures, on the other hand, are visible to everyone in the rink and, in this case, on TV.

We'll see later what the whole deal is, but if Kadri's feelings were hurt by something said on the ice, he's in for a hell of a ride in the NHL.

He is allowed to do that...it's not better or worse than giving the finger in the context of a hockey game.

BlackAces*

If it was something racial, which it doesn't appear to be, the NHL would not tolerate it. Bet your life.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I suppose it's not a far reach. When I saw the throat slitting gesture it never occurred to me, but I suppose other people obsess over evil Muslims more than I do. Of course, none of that makes it okay to insult someone elses religion.

Oh I agree, but in out society people can interprete things any way they want. I didn't think terrorism either. My families from Iraq, I'd rather all the terrorism stuff go away lol.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
when kadri was asked by reporters about what was said during the swiss game he responded "you'll have to ask my linemates, they are doing all the work for me"

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I find it hilarious that some people in here are so very against a racist comment but have no issue with a death threat (throat slashing).

Assuming there was a racist comment, which we do not know there was, it is probably as innocent as the death threat. Doesnt make either right, but both are just "trash talk". Off colour? Yep. Malicious? Doubtful.

Kessick

Dec 25, 2003
Hockey Universe, ON
Visit site
Kadri is quickly becoming my favourite Leaf prospect of all time. :laugh:

We don't know what was said between the two, and I'm not sure how refusing to shake a person's hand became so scandalous and wrong. I had a bigger problem with his throat-slashing gesture than this, but he apologized for that and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from that incident and won't do it again. And really, that's all we can ask for.

Martin Brodeur is my favourite player and my opinion of him did not diminish when he refused to shake Avery's hand. Didn't the entire Swedish team refuse to shake hands after the first game against Canada? It happens.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
D'Amigo also isn't a member of a team that refused to shake hands after an exhibition match against Team Canada in December :sarcasm:

It's amazing how we're still talking about Kadri when we could be talking about all those classless ******** on team Sweden. :sarcasm:

BlackAces*

Nino isnt even part of NHL... I doubt they can do much about this issue..

No, but it was implied that he (Kadri) will be hearing things in the NHL too. If one of the things he hears is racially motivated, it will not be tolerated by the NHL.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Kadri is quickly becoming my favourite Leaf prospect of all time. :laugh:
We don't know what was said between the two, and I'm not sure how refusing to shake a person's hand became so scandalous and wrong. I had a bigger problem with his throat-slashing gesture than this, but he apologized for that and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from that incident and won't do it again. And really, that's all we can ask for.

Martin Brodeur is my favourite player and my opinion of him did not diminish when he refused to shake Avery's hand. Didn't the entire Swedish team refuse to shake hands after the first game against Canada? It happens.
Me too and I'm sure it's the case with most Leaf fans as well. Threads like this make me like him even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad